2020 Open/Unknown by Week - Updated 6/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mogadore went neutral site with Shadyside I believe last year. Played at New Philadelphia. Great crowd for both sides and an exciting game.

Mogadore went neutral site with Shadyside I believe last year. Played at New Philadelphia. Great crowd for both sides and an exciting game.
Who was considered the home team?
Was it a case where both teams already had 5 away games scheduled?
I can see why the neutral site worked. Neither team would enjoy that type of trip, going the entire distance.

Shadyside was on the home side. They were considered the home team. Mogadore came back from an early deficit to win in the 4th quarter. It was a great atmosphere and game I think.

Over in PA the Western PA v. Everyone competition at the Wolvarena in week 1 lost a team. The NJ squad set to play Clairton Saturday afternoon as the second game of a tripleheader.

Clairton is a small school but historically pretty good year to year. If anyone is interested contact Clairton, Woodland Hills, or PA Football News (@PaFootballNews on Twitter).

Over in PA the Western PA v. Everyone competition at the Wolvarena in week 1 lost a team. The NJ squad set to play Clairton Saturday afternoon as the second game of a tripleheader.

Clairton is a small school but historically pretty good year to year. If anyone is interested contact Clairton, Woodland Hills, or PA Football News (@PaFootballNews on Twitter).
To say Clairton has been pretty good is probably an understatement. In the 2000’s here’s their championships:

WPIAL Championships: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016,2019

STATE Championships: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

State runner ups: 2008, 2014, 2016

They aren’t quite what they were in that 2009-2012 stretch but still are probably a top 5-10 team annually in the smaller classes in PA.

Why Canton Central Catholic and Moggy aren't playing this week is beyond me. The gate would be huge, assuming fans are allowed in.
I know that Central has reached out numerous times to schedule Mogadore, prior to them being moved to D6 and afterwards, but they have declined. I think that would be a great matchup between two relatively local teams with great tradition.

Now as an Athletic Director do you want to fill the schedule now, or wait to see what happens in Ohio? I would probably want 3 backup plans, just to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.