2020 Open/Unknown by Week - Updated 6/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleFan

Fan of Eagle
These are what I have as Open / Unknown. Likely some are actually filled.

Week 1

Austintown Fitch (I have Erie vs Cathedral Prep)
Cleveland Lincoln West
Dayton Jefferson Township
Massillon Washington (Was Bishop Gorman)
Portsmouth Sciotoville Community (East)

Week 2

Caldwell (I have Fisher Cath vs Crestline)
Cleveland Collinwood UPDATE: @ VASJ
Cleveland Lincoln West
Cleveland Villa Angela-St. Joseph UPDATE: vs Collinwood
Maria Stein Marion Local
Perry
Upper Arlington (I have Belmont vs Cham-Jul)

Week 3

Akron Buchtel
Barberton
Cincinnati La Salle
Cleveland East Technical (I have Independence vs Manchester)
Cleveland Lincoln West
Dola Hardin Northern
Pickerington Central
St. Clairsville

Week 4

Ashtabula St. John
Cincinnati Taft
Sherwood Fairview
Zanesville

Week 5

Akron Archbishop Hoban
Cincinnati La Salle
Cincinnati Riverview East
Gates Mills Gilmour (I have John Adams vs Glenville)
Youngstown East

Week 6

Dayton Belmont
Independence (Was Richmond Heights)
Trotwood-Madison

Week 7

Canton Central Catholic
Cleveland Rhodes (I have Lutheran East vs VASJ)
Gates Mills Hawken (Was Richmond Heights)
Mogadore
Tiffin Calvert

Week 8

Cleveland John Adams
Cuyahoga Heights (Was Richmond Heights)
Newark Licking Valley

Week 9

Akron Archbishop Hoban
Ashtabula St. John
Cincinnati Elder
Dayton Ponitz (I have Dunbar v Watterson)
Wickliffe (Was Richmond Heights)

Week 10

Bidwell River Valley
Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
Mogadore
Morral Ridgedale
Warren Warren G. Harding

Last edited:

I'm gonna try my hand once again at predicting some of the contests (at least in the Cleveland area) that should be played:

Week 1: Massillon/Austintown Fitch (These teams have played against each other in the past, and since both are free Week 1, this makes the most sense, no matter where it's at)

Week 2: VASJ/Collinwood (A ten-minute trip for Collinwood, almost a certain no-brainer IMO) DONE

Week 3: Buchtel/Barberton makes the most sense if both sides can come to an agreement. If not, the Magics could host Cincinnati LaSalle on Saturday afternoon, even though it would be a long trip for them. And Buchtel could host one of the CMSD schools if they don't end up playing Barberton.

Week 5: Either Hoban goes to LaSalle or the other way around. If Eds/Iggy can play against the Cincy private schools, Hoban can do the same thing if they're willing.

Week 7: Mogadore/Canton Central Catholic makes for what would be a great non-conference showdown, regardless where it's at. And Rhodes/Hawken makes sense from a competitive standpoint.

Week 8: John Adams would go to Cuyahoga Heights. Wouldn't be a super competitive game IMO, but would help fill the schedule. (DONE)

Week 9: Would Hoban be willing to play Elder? If so, even though Elder's a division above the Knights, would help Hoban schedule-wise.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try my hand once again at predicting some of the contests (at least in the Cleveland area) that should be played:

Week 1: Massillon/Austintown Fitch (These teams have played against each other in the past, and since both are free Week 1, this makes the most sense, no matter where it's at)

Week 2: VASJ/Collinwood (A ten-minute trip for Collinwood, almost a certain no-brainer IMO)
As far as Perry goes, is this the school in Lake County, or Massillon Perry?

Week 3: Buchtel/Barberton makes the most sense if both sides can come to an agreement. If not, the Magics could host Cincinnati LaSalle on Saturday afternoon, even though it would be a long trip for them. And Buchtel could host one of the CMSD schools if they don't end up playing Barberton.

Week 5: Either Hoban goes to LaSalle or the other way around. If Eds/Iggy can play against the Cincy private schools, Hoban can do the same thing if they're willing.

Week 7: Mogadore/Canton Central Catholic makes for what would be a great non-conference showdown, regardless where it's at. And Rhodes/Hawken makes sense from a competitive standpoint.

Week 8: John Adams would go to Cuyahoga Heights. Wouldn't be a super competitive game IMO, but would help fill the schedule.

Week 9: Would Hoban be willing to play Elder? If so, even though Elder's a division above the Knights, would help Hoban schedule-wise.
Massillon plays Fitch week 6. Not saying they couldn’t play twice but I do know the Tigers have a couple options lined up if they can work them out

Why Canton Central Catholic and Moggy aren't playing this week is beyond me. The gate would be huge, assuming fans are allowed in.
Might be because now CCC is D6 and in the same region...just a guess. They could meet in playoffs.

Might be because now CCC is D6 and in the same region...just a guess. They could meet in playoffs.
That does make some sense. Still though, it would be a great matchup and imagine if it was a great game that could lead to a rematch in the playoffs.

Week 4- Erie Prep vs. Ignatius. (Prep was to play Clarkson from Canada, Ignatius was to play Dematha).

Week 1- Ignatius vs. Mentor (Mentor was to play Clarkson from Canada, Iggy was to play Mt. St. Joesph)

week 4- Mentor vs.McKinley. (Mentor was to play Iggy, but see above: I move that game to week 1. And McKinley was to play Homewood Flossmoor).

Last edited:
Is Massillon playing Pick. Central week 1 now? Is it confirmed? If not, I may rethink post 17 and 18.

The word on the street is Federal Hocking in Athens County is canceling their season.
Saw it posted somewhere else earlier. Just trying to confirm before posting here.

Stewart Federal Hocking (Should be assigned Division/Region later)
08/28 H Hundred (WV)
09/04 H Paden City (WV)
09/11 A Corning Miller
09/18 A Belpre
09/25 A Manchester
10/02 A Ashton Hannan (WV)
10/09 H Columbus Crusaders club
10/16 A Morral Ridgedale
10/23 H Grove City Christian
10/30 H Wahama (WV)

Is Massillon playing Pick. Central week 1 now? Is it confirmed? If not, I may rethink post 17 and 18.
That would be a fun match-up vs. Massillon! PC's week 3 opponent (Neuqua Valley HS, Illinois) is a scratch now. Have not seen/heard anything about their Wk 1 opponent (M.L. King of Detroit). If PC finds a QB they will be threat to win BIG again. That a huge IF though considering how dominant, smart and powerful Crenshaw was... The Tigers will have so much talent otherwise all over the field... LOADED.

I can't believe that Lincoln West doesn't have anyone scheduled for the first three weeks yet. I know this is gonna be tough for them competition wise, as they have one of the smaller roster sizes in the Senate League, but here's my crack at it:

Week 1: Probably Jefferson Township, even though it would be a 2+ hour trip
Week 2: at Perry (This game won't really help either team, but the alternate is going 3-4 hours away potentially.
Week 3: at Akron Buchtel (probably the closest non-conference opponent on this list they could play. Don't know what their athletic budget is for far trips)

I can't believe that Lincoln West doesn't have anyone scheduled for the first three weeks yet. I know this is gonna be tough for them competition wise, as they have one of the smaller roster sizes in the Senate League, but here's my crack at it:

Week 1: Probably Jefferson Township, even though it would be a 2+ hour trip
Week 2: at Perry (This game won't really help either team, but the alternate is going 3-4 hours away potentially.
Week 3: at Akron Buchtel (probably the closest non-conference opponent on this list they could play. Don't know what their athletic budget is for far trips)
Lincoln West and Jeff Twp could neutral site a game.

Perry would be better off playing Marion Local than Lincoln west. It'll help prepare them for the playoffs.

Buchtel/East Tech couldn't really go wrong with either.

Status
Not open for further replies.