2020 Open/Unknown by Week - Updated 5/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently you have to play 8 "official" games to qualify for playoffs. I wonder if they will temporarily change that this year.

Schools that play many out-of-state games could be impacted most. But even with Ohio vs Ohio games you can expect many more cancellations even if season moves forward with current 15 week schedule.

Week 9
Bishop Watterson posted an open date on the OHSAA Open Dates page (Clearing up the Dayton scheduling)

Week 10
Cincinnati Moeller posted an open date on the OHSAA Open Dates page.

If Riverside Academy out of Canada canceled on Moeller, I wonder if they canceled on Hoban or La Salle?

If Riverside Academy out of Canada canceled on Moeller, I wonder if they canceled on Hoban or La Salle?
Looking at Riverside Academy's Twitter, it doesn't look like it. Seems they are just looking for a game that week. This just could be the start of something, though.

All 4 of the traveling all-star teams from Canada could be at-risk this year. May be more than a few parents that keep their kid at their local secondary school to avoid the USA barnstorming tour.

For some of the open dates, here are some of the matches that make sense to me:

Week 3: Barberton/Lincoln West (This wouldn't be that competitive, but I could see LW doing this game)
Richmond Heights /East Tech

Week 5: Y'Town East/Gilmour Academy (They hosted US last year, would they be willing to play against against now DIV Gilmour? I have a feeling that this would be a competitve game if they play)

Week 7: VASJ/Mogadore (This makes the most sense, if the AD is willing to travel an hour south. Elyria Catholic did it a couple years ago.)

Week 9: Rootstown (has Rootstown/Valley Christian been confirmed? If not, then John Marshall fits in this spot.)

Week 10: VASJ/Lincoln West (Two Cleveland area schools. From a geographical standpoint it makes sense.)

Week 6
Dohn Community @ Cincinnati Western Hills - Arbiter

Week 7

Lutheran East @ Cleveland VASJ - Arbiter (Rhodes now open?)

I also see where Watterson has added Dunbar back to Week 9, so I'm still befuddled there. It was not on there when Watterson posted the open date on the OHSAA page.

Byesville Meadowbrook has agreed to face Wheeling WV Park in the first week.....Park was supposed to host a team from Hawaii in week one, but due to the uncertainty of the serious pandemic that match was cancelled.

If Massillon’s week 1 game is questionable with its out of state opponent not coming to Ohio I hear Coffman would step up to the plate.

Wow, that would be a crazy schedule for Coffman. But if this happens, you have to tip your hat to Coffman. Where would that game be played at?

I wonder if all of Pickerington Centrals out of state teams that they are playing will be able to play? They also have a crazy schedule.

Week 10
Cleveland Lincoln-West @ Brooklyn - Arbiter (Richmond Heights now open Weeks 2, 3, and 10)?

And now on FootballScoop:
Rittman (OH): Rittman HS, a small Division 6 school in Ohio, is in need of a week one football game for the 2020 season as our week 1 has recently cancelled football. Would be willing to host or travel. Please contact AD Joe Staley at ritt_jstaley@tccsa.net with any interest.

Richmond Heights
08/28 A Rittman
09/04 N Unknown Opponent ()
09/11 N Unknown Opponent ()
09/18 A Garfield Heights Trinity
09/25 A Rocky River Lutheran West
10/02 A Independence
10/09 A Gates Mills Hawken
10/16 A Cuyahoga Heights
10/23 A Wickliffe
10/30 A Brooklyn

And now on FootballScoop:

Richmond Heights
08/28 A Rittman
09/04 N Unknown Opponent ()
09/11 N Unknown Opponent ()
09/18 A Garfield Heights Trinity
09/25 A Rocky River Lutheran West
10/02 A Independence
10/09 A Gates Mills Hawken
10/16 A Cuyahoga Heights
10/23 A Wickliffe
10/30 A Brooklyn
so richmond heights cancelled their season? wth?

the Rittman statement said their week 1 opponent cancelled football.

Last edited:
Based who is open right now this is what I think will happen to the Richmond Heights opponents.

Week 1
Lincoln West vs. Rittman

Week 4
St. John vs. Trinity

Week 5
Lutheran West vs. Gilmour

Week 6
Independence (Open Date or Out of State)

Week 7
Hawken vs. VASJ

Week 8
Cuyahoga Heights vs. John Adams

Week 9
Wickliffe (Open Date or Out of State)

Week 7
Since VASJ booked Lutheran East, that opens up Mogadore to play Canton Central Catholic. The Crusaders will be playing Tallmadge the week before so it makes sense from a geographical standpoint. And Hawken could play Rhodes.

Week 9
I know it's a division up, but wonder if Hoban/Elder would work out?

Week 10

Unless Mogadore wants to take a trip to Morral Ridgedale (1 h, 45 min trip), they are probably gonna be off Week 10 unless they're able to find an OOC opponent from PA or WV. Ditto Warren Harding

Status
Not open for further replies.