Bryan 247
Wauseon 226
Swanton 173
Evergreen 154
Archbold 146
Delta 136
Liberty Center 135
Patrick Henry 97

If anyone is leaving the NWOAL it could be PH, they have been trending downward in enrollment and geographically they have a few more options than some of the northern teams. I don't know how the All Sports standings works with PH not having soccer but they are in the bottom half of the final Boys/Girls standings every year. Adding Napoleon isn't as crazy as it may have sounded 10-15 years ago, speaking to some of their coaches they are happy in the NLL but would be hard to turn down going from one of the smallest teams to the biggest.

I also would encourage you over the last 5 years to look at Maumee’s head to head match ups with NBC schools and tell me why maumee wouldn’t be a good “fit”

What Maumee has done vs. NBC schools in any sport the last 5 years is irrelevant. Participation in Maumee's athletic program would increase substantially if they were to be admitted into the "smaller school" NBC. I am sure the kids that they do not get out for football now would be more enticed to play Rossford, Lake, Fostoria as opposed to Perrysburg, AW, and Springfield.

What Maumee has done vs. NBC schools in any sport the last 5 years is irrelevant. Participation in Maumee's athletic program would increase substantially if they were to be admitted into the "smaller school" NBC. I am sure the kids that they do not get out for football now would be more enticed to play Rossford, Lake, Fostoria as opposed to Perrysburg, AW, and Springfield.
And that’s a good thing.... more kids playing sports the better the community.

That is a good point and I agree. But on the flip side, will the smaller schools begin to lose numbers say if BG and Maumee join the NBC?
Maumee numbers are declining and I don’t see that trend changing..... A lot of land in BG so they could continue to grow.
I don’t see BG leaving the NLL but Maumee should and they want to.

The student population loss in Maumee, I just can't figure. Unless they're aging and staying? For my money, it's the nicest burb. Not rough. Not stick up the . Good food. Great parks. Nice walkable.

I'm going to respectively disagree. This current mindset indicates a crack in the foundation and won't matter what conference affiliation.

Actually maumee’s football numbers are always good. I don’t recall them every having less than 45 guys 10-12. They usually have between 16 and 25 freshmen.

my kid goes there. I cannot recall ever seeing a kid that I looked at and said “why aren’t you playing football”

The student population loss in Maumee, I just can't figure. Unless they're aging and staying? For my money, it's the nicest burb. Not rough. Not stick up the . Good food. Great parks. Nice walkable.
Aging and staying. My oldest lives with their mom in Maumee and plays sports. Maumee has got great test scores, facilities, etc. Not much ever seems to go up for sale and it gets snapped up fast. There is a %, not huge but there, that chooses the private school route.

Toledo has the same issue. My little street in Toledo had kids from three catholic high schools, bowsher, and maumee valley when I moved in. Those kids are now long gone, but all of their parents still live on my street. I am the only one now with school age kids in my fashionable south toledo neighborhood.

Landlocked. Go south and east, it's the river. North, Toledo. West, Monclova. Every other suburban school has room to grow. Maumee just doesn't.

I'm sure an aging population is part of it too.

The NBC could function with 6 team league. They are not obligated to take anyone, in fact, just about every school in the NBC does not want Maumee or BG.

The NBC could crossover with another smaller league for 2 games. I don’t see Maumee and definately not BG going to the NBC.

It would like to see Otsego apply to the NWOAL shall the NBC fall apart. Would be a great fit geographically with the exception of Bryan. Maybe they would want into the NBC??

This would be a good league for the “small town” schools.

BG
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Rossford
Fostoria
Wauseon
Defiance
I would also like to see Otsego move to the NWOAL. It would be a great fit both in size and location

The NBC could function with 6 team league. They are not obligated to take anyone, in fact, just about every school in the NBC does not want Maumee or BG.

The NBC could crossover with another smaller league for 2 games. I don’t see Maumee and definately not BG going to the NBC.

It would like to see Otsego apply to the NWOAL shall the NBC fall apart. Would be a great fit geographically with the exception of Bryan. Maybe they would want into the NBC??

This would be a good league for the “small town” schools.

BG
Maumee
Napoleon
Bryan
Rossford
Fostoria
Wauseon
Defiance
I would also like to see Otsego move to the NWOAL. It would be a great fit both in size and locatio
It would be a great fit. This will never happen though.
Why is that? If the NBC starts to crumble and a team like Delta leaves the NWOAL it offers motivation and a space.

Everyone keeps mentioning Delta, and I know the looked. But where else would they go? The TAAC is crumbling with Northwood rumored to be on the way out and the Williams County school closer to 8 man than anything. They wouldn't fit in the GMC, SBC, or NBC.

They can search, but they're honestly stuck in the NWOAL.

Good point, they have nowhere to go. Otsego aside, at DVII, I wonder if PH is now a better fit in the BVC. I can’t imagine them leaving the NWOAL but they’re at size a disadvantage.

Finally got a chance to watch an entire Perrysburg game.

Solid team. Their Oline is filthy. All in the 6'1" 245lbs range led by the 4 year starter Zimmerly. As a unit they get off the ball and work. The Jackets should finish 6-0 and then get handled in the playoffs. They would be a solid D2 team most years and yet are D1 this year. Even though they jumped out to a 21-7 lead against Napoleon they struggled a bit to put the Wildcats away. A D4 team, who lost their best player in the 1st quarter.

I hope Gerdemann is healthy because the kid can flat out play. Napoleon could make some noise come playoff time. When do the Wildcats play BG?

The NLL D2's are back in R6, so it's time again to follow them more closely. Surprised to see AW slip, but I'm hoping for some local insight.

[/QUOTE]
Napoleon could make some noise come playoff time.
Things could always change, but it seems Napoleon struggle during Postseason especially against the likes of Bellevue, Clyde, and Perkins. Now, Perkins may not be a concern this year, but substitute in Shelby who can be lumped into this group's history.

Things could always change, but it seems Napoleon struggle during Postseason especially against the likes of Bellevue, Clyde, and Perkins. Now, Perkins may not be a concern this year, but substitute in Shelby who can be lumped into this group's history.
[/QUOTE]
Very valid points. However, Napoleon has not had a team like this in some time. Few will remember how good Rodney Gamby was for St. Francis in 2001 but Gerdemann is just like him and Napoleon lost him early last night. If he is healthy, the Wildcats are a tough out IMO.

I watched the Napoleon vs Perrysburg on BCSN and other than the 1st play Napoleon couldn’t do anything against Perrysburg’s defense. I didn’t really see any struggle with putting Napoleon away as was mentioned. The RB Walendzak went for 239 yards and they just milked the clock. Game was never in doubt in my opinion. I thought Chips (#24) played real well on both sides of the ball.

Would like to see AW and Napoleon.... I think Napoleon wins that game close even without Gerdemann.

I watched the Napoleon vs Perrysburg on BCSN and other than the 1st play Napoleon couldn’t do anything against Perrysburg’s defense. I didn’t really see any struggle with putting Napoleon away as was mentioned. The RB Walendzak went for 239 yards and they just milked the clock. Game was never in doubt in my opinion. I thought Chips (#24) played real well on both sides of the ball.

Would like to see AW and Napoleon.... I think Napoleon wins that game close even without Gerdemann.
D1 vs D4 and without their best player. Yes, Pburg wore them down with Walenczak and that nasty line. With Gerdeman I feel they can pound the Jacket defense a bit more. AW beats Napoleon without Gerdeman. With Gerdeman it is close.

Any predictions on the Perrysburg-Bowling Green game?

I think Perrysburg wins by 17+ but I have nothing to base that off of other than I know Perrysburg has a lot of depth and they seem to be just rolling over teams. Not that BG hasn't been doing the same either.

Any predictions on the Perrysburg-Bowling Green game?

I think Perrysburg wins by 17+ but I have nothing to base that off of other than I know Perrysburg has a lot of depth and they seem to be just rolling over teams. Not that BG hasn't been doing the same either.
Would love to see BG win their first league title in 20 years, but I think you hit the nail on the head with depth. It took everything BG had to squeak out the W against AW. They were gassed and I wouldn't have liked their chances if AW made that PAT to force OT. For what it's worth I haven't seen Pburg play, just going off what I've heard. I'd be happy to be wrong though!

Brackets starting to come out. Looks like Perrysburg is a 4 or 5 seed. Northview at home for a rematch with Springfield in the first round with the winner playing Central Catholic. AW gets a bye, possible matchup with St. Francis in round 2. Those winners would play in round 3. No brackets for D3 or D4 yet.