Anthony Wayne Generals
Bowling Green Bobcats
Maumee Panthers
Napoleon Wildcats
Perrysburg Yellow Jackets
Springfield Blue Devils
Sylvania Northview Wildcats
Sylvania Southview Cougars

As an Avon fan, I miss being in the region with the NWO schools. I had gotten very familiar with the teams and leagues, especially the TRAC and NLL and had developed a healthy respect for several programs and coaches. Good luck to all in 2020, and hopefully we might see one of the NWO teams on the Friday after Thanksgiving...with AW and TCC being the likely suspects.

It's still Anthony Wayne's to lose. I see that Southview has dropped to D3 like expected. I also only expect them to be there for maybe 2-4 years.

Why? Do you think they will redo the north/south school boundaries?

They redid the boundaries which were in effect for 2018 - 2019 so you won't see the results until at least 2-4 years from now. They eliminated the inter district open enrollment which will balance things out as well.

It's been together since 1956, maybe 1945 with the GNC. It'll live.

How long will it go in its present form? That's the question. At the worst, if Napoleon, BG, Maumee, etc. leave, Clay, Findlay, Fremont, etc. from the TRAC would probably join. The NLL would live at the expense of the TRAC.

From whose POV? NLLs or the F's? Half hour less commute each way for the F's. Good business, at least Findlay is, for the NLL communities. Lima hung out to dry?

From the NLL POV. Perrysburg is quickly out growing the league. I just don't see them adding another D1 program. Fremont maybe.

Travel-wise Fremont and Findlay are about the same.

Size-wise Fremont is a much better fit.

Lima is way too far for the NLL schools to consider.

I ask because I had heard Delta was looking to get out of NWOAL... any truth to that? That would open the Door for Napoleon to the NWOAL

Maumee and BG have also at least inquired with the SBC but it seems that there was just one meeting... probably not going much farther right now.

I ask because I had heard Delta was looking to get out of NWOAL... any truth to that? That would open the Door for Napoleon to the NWOAL

Maumee and BG have also at least inquired with the SBC but it seems that there was just one meeting... probably not going much farther right now.
I can tell you with absolute certainty that it was the SBC that approached BG. Because of travel time, costs, and the anticipated loss at the gate BG is not interested at this time.

I can tell you with absolute certainty that it was the SBC that approached BG. Because of travel time, costs, and the anticipated loss at the gate BG is not interested at this time.
you a clyde guy? I am guessing, not a bad thing btw.

Okay I couldn't remember if the SBC approached them or it was the other way around, all I know is that they had a sit down

Where would Delta go? Honestly, unless the TAAC is trying to save itself, I see no other home for them.

Maybe Delta was interested in looking around with the instability of the TAAC, NBC, SBC right now but I dont see anything happening in the NBC unless Woodmore would decide to leave. Think the SBC/NBC rumors have died down for this year atleast.

Maumee BG Bryan Wauseon Napoleon all together has always sounded nice but im not sure you could find 3 more members and all 5 are in decent spots now

What about Rogers, Scott, and Woodward as the other three? The three are already adding some of the listed teams on their schedule.

Maumee BG Bryan Wauseon Napoleon all together has always sounded nice but im not sure you could find 3 more members and all 5 are in decent spots now

I don't see this happening but Defiance and Ottawa-Grandorf would be good fit w/ those schools. Liberty Benton if they continue to grow out of the BVC.

Maybe Delta was interested in looking around with the instability of the TAAC, NBC, SBC right now but I dont see anything happening in the NBC unless Woodmore would decide to leave. Think the SBC/NBC rumors have died down for this year atleast.

Defiance would jump at that. There's 6.

My dream would include bringing OG and VW with us from the WBL, but I KNOW VW is too far away and wouldn't come, and OG is 50/50 at best.

Liberty Benton would be interesting and could fit. LCC despite being D7 now? They'd compete well.

What about Rogers, Scott, and Woodward as the other three? The three are already adding some of the listed teams on their schedule.
TCL makes zero sense with any of these schools. Think of those baseball, soccer, softball, volleyball, and football games...seriously? Outside of basketball and track what sports would those 3 schools matchup well with the other 5? Sorry if I seem rude about it but the TCL is on their own that's just reality.

Defiance would obviously go well with the others, only didnt include them because I think theyre happy in the WBL. We just saw how well a 6 team league can work in the SBC lake though

Last edited:
We're happy in the WBL from the sense that's there's no other league right now that makes any sense for us and we've developed nice relationships with the schools over 50 years.

I think if this hypothetical league came around though, that's out the window. We play all of those schools in something. The longest trip becomes about 50 minutes instead of almost an hour and a half. Our 2 biggest rivals are there. It would just make too much sense.

I wouldn't see Defiance going out of their way to try to form that league, but if the other 5 approached, I think we'd be all in.

Last edited:
TCL makes zero sense with any of these schools. Think of those baseball, soccer, softball, volleyball, and football games...seriously? Outside of basketball and track what sports would those 3 schools matchup well with the other 5? Sorry if I seem rude about it but the TCL is on their own that's just reality.

Defiance would obviously go well with the others, only didnt include them because I think theyre happy in the WBL. We just saw how well a 6 team league can work in the SBC lake though

Not rude at all. But there are football only conferences in the state. Just a thought.