2020 MVL Football

Nobody here has mentioned this MVL score yet:

Winton Woods - 28
Xenia - 13

Xenia had the ball with a chance to tie in the 4th against one of the best teams in D2. Is they MVL maybe a bit better than people gave them credit for?

Even the MVL's worst team (Greenville) beat Celina tonight (albeit in a regular season game), a team who was far from the worst team in their own conference.

Stebbins 24, Sidney 23. Incredible final from Riverside. In their first ever playoff game, Stebbins gets their first ever playoff win, with a walk-off extra point. They did *JUST* enough to win this game. In the end it was really the penalty enforced on the Sidney extra point try in OT that was the final difference. What a game.

Welcome aboard I’ve been saying this for at least the last 5 years
This coaching staff is a joke. No discipline the kid who got the boot should've had another unsportsmanlike in the 4th quarter and I believe it was the 3rd quarter when he came off the field arguing with a coach. He also threw his helmet down on the side line into the bench for maybe the tenth time this year. Two other players arguing on the sidelines. Sad thing is everyone can hear all the cussing also on the sidelines. Hell the AD sits in the stands and sees it all go down. With the playmakers Sidney has no way they should lose any game but Piqua this year.

So Piqua, Tipp, Butler and Stebbins all moved on. I think Piqua will be the only team to win this next round.
I must say I don’t know what to think of Tipp. Yes they are 6-1 but is it just luck? Or is their defense just that good? Because the offense is pitiful and they have been out gained in 3 of their 6 victories. Thoughts?

Nobody here has mentioned this MVL score yet:

Winton Woods - 28
Xenia - 13

Xenia had the ball with a chance to tie in the 4th against one of the best teams in D2. Is they MVL maybe a bit better than people gave them credit for?

Even the MVL's worst team (Greenville) beat Celina tonight (albeit in a regular season game), a team who was far from the worst team in their own conference.

So while I have been very skeptical of this and the Piqua defense because I really thought they was a "big fish in a little pond" I am starting to think maybe you're more right then I was on this. At least I am very hopeful.... don't get me wrong the Harrison offense was not great, but they didn't make it to the 50 until the 4th quarter and Piqua had started the running clock. They didn't score until Piqua put in the JV's with less than 5 mins to go in the game. So maybe.. just maybe this team and the MVL is better than even I realized this year, I guess each week will tell the story!

So Piqua, Tipp, Butler and Stebbins all moved on. I think Piqua will be the only team to win this next round.
I must say I don’t know what to think of Tipp. Yes they are 6-1 but is it just luck? Or is their defense just that good? Because the offense is pitiful and they have been out gained in 3 of their 6 victories. Thoughts?
Butler was eliminated by Franklin in Round 1. That leaves Piqua and Stebbins in D2 R8 and Tipp in D3 R12. What really sucks is that I think we all think that Troy would have beaten Edgewood, and after how well Xenia performed against Winton Woods, Troy may have had a shot for a big upset.

Butler was eliminated by Franklin in Round 1. That leaves Piqua and Stebbins in D2 R8 and Tipp in D3 R12. What really sucks is that I think we all think that Troy would have beaten Edgewood, and after how well Xenia performed against Winton Woods, Troy may have had a shot for a big upset.

Not only am I confident that Troy would have beaten Edgewood.... I think they would have whipped them and turned it into a running clock. Which really is disheartening because you might have been right about that upset to WW. But none of that matters today... just gotta run with what's in front of us.

Fairborn could have easily won its 2 games in playoffs too. What a sad weekend for the MVL/Dayton area and it’s forfeits. MVL is the real deal.

Not only am I confident that Troy would have beaten Edgewood.... I think they would have whipped them and turned it into a running clock. Which really is disheartening because you might have been right about that upset to WW. But none of that matters today... just gotta run with what's in front of us.
Troy should of been like Sidney and just play the game regardless. Sidney had a freshman player test positive during the week and then had a senior meal at a house where a parent had tested positive, but obviously they didn’t care

It’s tough. This wasn’t one of Troy’s best teams but they were just starting to get hot and gel together. Let’s not forget... barely an practice time to begin with. They didn’t have their best player and d1 commit at tackle most of the year, and their best playmaker has been injury plagued. They rely on a lot of underclass men who were just now starting to play well. It’s a shame because I do also think we would’ve put a beat down on Edgewood. Likely would not have beaten WW but you never know! Anyway, best of luck in the playoffs!

Sorry I just have to show this again. Now we see why this guy left thread. He is clueless. WC is terrible I saw that Friday night.
Troy was getting a better and going to make a run. WC I just wiffed on, Not sure what happened to their two D1 potential players.

I have a stalker who is also a Karen. Great.

Troy was getting a better and going to make a run. WC I just wiffed on, Not sure what happened to their two D1 potential players.

Not stalking just pointing out how clueless you are. Just like your hero you are full of excuses. Troy Butler was 7-7 at the half. Next week Tipp beat Troy. Getting better?

If stalking is me showing how wrong you are then I am guilty.

Agreed. Don't forget about Fairborn also. They would have waked through Winthrow, and very possibly could have beat Turpin.

Agreed. Don't forget about Fairborn also. They would have waked through Winthrow, and very possibly could have beat Turpin.
Good point. The MVL could have come up huge in R8. There would have been MVL-Cincy showdowns across the bracket: Troy-Winton Woods, Fairborn-Kings, Stebbins-La Salle, Piqua-Anderson. I think MVL would have had 2 and maybe 3 advance from those pairings.

Not stalking just pointing out how clueless you are. Just like your hero you are full of excuses. Troy Butler was 7-7 at the half. Next week Tipp beat Troy. Getting better?

If stalking is me showing how wrong you are then I am guilty.
karen.jpg

You are the sensitive type. Your feelings get hurt easy. I can see that now. Every time someone proves you wrong you cant admit it. You have to post stupid pictures. Basically you have no sack. You keep on being a Yappi tough guy and telling us how great West Carrolton and Troy are going to be. I mean you are wrong but you keep on telling us that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are the sensitive type. Your feelings get hurt easy. I can see that now. Every time someone proves you wrong you cant admit it. You have to post stupid pictures. Basically you have no sack. You keep on being a Yappi tough guy and telling us how great West Carrolton and Troy are going to be. I mean you are wrong but you keep on telling us that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, I did not predict the success of those teams. I was wrong. I admit my HS football predicting skills this year have been awful. Oh well. Your still a Karen,

Looks like it's going to be a wet one Friday night in SW Ohio..... Best of luck to everyone in the MVL!

Go Piqua
Go MVL

Defense wins games. It's Tipp's Defense & it is a very good one, run by Joel Derge & the old coach Charlie Burgbacher. Tipp is ranked second in Overall Defense behind Fairborn, Third against the Rush behind Piqua & Fairborn, Second against the pass, 1st in Defensive Pass Completion Percentage & 2nd to Piqua in Defensive Interceptions to TDs Ratio. Defense against the Rush is probably the most important stat outside of Overall Defense. You have to be able to stop the run to win consistently in football. The top four MVL teams (record wise) are also the top four teams in "Overall Defense" & "Defense against the Run" ; Piqua, Fairborn, Tipp, & Troy with a combined record of 22-6 with 3 of those losses coming against one of the four.

Last edited:

I whiffed on WC also. They do have some very good talent with a couple of legit higher level recruits, so physical talent is not their problem. Sad to see that Troy got hit with the quarantine as they no doubt would have moved on past Edgewood.

Defense wins games. It's Tipp's Defense & it is a very good one, run by Joel Derge & the old coach Charlie Burgbacher. Tipp is ranked second in Overall Defense behind Fairborn, Third against the Rush behind Piqua & Fairborn, Second against the pass, 1st in Defensive Pass Completion Percentage & 2nd to Piqua in Defensive Interceptions to TDs Ratio. Defense against the Rush is probably the most important stat outside of Overall Defense. You have to be able to stop the run to win consistently in football. The top four MVL teams (record wise) are also the top four teams in "Overall Defense" & "Defense against the Run" ; Piqua, Fairborn, Tipp, & Troy with a combined record of 22-6 with 3 of those losses coming against one of the four.
Football is more than stats