2020 MVL Football

I was referring toTroy being young not Fairborn. If Troy played them they’d win by3 tds
LOL .... Troy is good as usual, but they are younger & not as strong as they were last season when they escaped with a 9-7 win in the last seconds at home. Fairborn is much stronger than last season & senior laden. Both Coaching Staffs have outstanding coaches. Both teams have the Jimmy's & the Joe's. It would be an excellent game. It would also be foolish to place money on one or the other running away with it.

Last edited:
Updated my personal power rankings...Stebbins with another very close win makes it a virtual tie for 4th with Tipp, who were unlucky to have a canceled game this week. Not much movement otherwise!
1. Piqua (3-0)
2. Fairborn (2-0)
3. Troy (2-1)
4. Stebbins (3-0)
4 1/2. Tipp (2-0)
6. Xenia (0-3)
7. Sidney (1-2)
8. WC (0-2)
9. Butler (0-3)
10. Greenville (0-3)

Looking to week 4, the Piqua-Stebbins game could really cement Piqua as head and shoulders above everyone else. I am very interested in Troy-Tipp, there is so much to learn about both of those teams: Tipp beat 2 teams having very tough years and Troy may be fully back on track after the Piqua game. Also, either Butler or Greenville gets their first W this week, so that's nice as it could be their only one this season. I really don't know what to expect from Sidney @ Xenia, the Bucs are talented and have size but make costly mistakes and bad decisions, and the Yellow Jackets are my leading candidate for see-saw team of the season with a blowout win, a tough and close loss, and then a loss to a playoff caliber non-conference team that included 4 Sidney giveaways.
I'll take Piqua over Stebbins by 2 scores at Piqua, Troy by 2 scores over Tipp at Troy, Xenia in a close one over Sidney at Sidney, and Butler by 4-5 scores in a blowout over Greenville at Butler.

Sidney open the 2nd half with a good drive and another TD run by Johnson for 15 yards.

2 point conversion pass completed.

Sidney 21
Xenia 14

8:08 3rd Quarter

After Sidney stops Xenia, the Jackets strike on the first play of their next possession from their own 8 yard line. Johnson hits Clarke who takes it 92 yards.

Sidney 28
Xenia 14

4:33 3rd Quarter

Tipp defeats Troy 30-26.

Impressive lack of discipline by Troy with the number of penalties they committed today.
Loved listening to Troys announcers and fans cry literal tears as their undisciplined team committed penalty after penalty. Doesn’t really matter tho because Tipp led pretty much the whole game. Does Burgbacher still regret going to Tipp? LMAO.
Time to consider Tipp as one of the 3 best teams in the league

1st time since 1939 according to announcers
They have played like 6 times in the last 50+ years. Pretty much expected from a school that’s twice as large as the other. I can’t remember the last time Tipp lost to someone they had almost twice the enrollment of.

Tipp defeats Troy 30-26.

Impressive lack of discipline by Troy with the number of penalties they committed today.
Cost them the game in the last two minutes, although I will say the celebration penalty after the Troy tackle was questionable and was also the most damaging. That one led to another one on same play. Would have been 3rd down deep in Tipp territory and was instead 1st 10 at Troy 40 after 30 yards of penalties.

Cost them the game in the last two minutes, although I will say the celebration penalty after the Troy tackle was questionable and was also the most damaging. That one led to another one on same play. Would have been 3rd down deep in Tipp territory and was instead 1st 10 at Troy 40 after 30 yards of penalties.
Yeah but that Troy fumble that was overturned as incomplete was a very questionable call, the Troy announcers admitted as much

Oof my Indians came back down to earth. I was not terribly impressed with the other Indians in the first half, but turning the ball over to Piqua five times is not advisable. A nice balanced offense and a few big plays led to the rout.

Also the Piqua YouTube stream was of such high video quality. Very impressive.

Piqua beat Stebbins 27-0.... Stebbins really only threatened to score I think twice. Some quick take away's from myself. I was impressed with Stebbins as a team. What became obvious as the game went along was they was not used to being hit like Piqua was hitting them. The Stebbins QB is a player and is very..very good, he is elusive and quick. I think if this program has a decent feeder program they can become pretty decent.