2020 MVL Football

It’s highly upsetting that this thread will never touch last years record breaker.
I too am shocked by the step VB took backwards, Wright should bring stability to the offense but look forward to a mid season explosion. Both him and Puckett seem eccentric.
WC could ruin some homecomings this year for sure. Not an easy out with coach Black gaining some momentum. Surprise team without a doubt.
Fairborn also has got to be scary for a couple folks, but at times this year were a complete bipolar mess. With all the good games they played, they hardly showed up just as many times. 6-4 most likely 7-3 at best?
Greenville had an impressive season by their standards with many good players. But unfortunately one can’t help but think they’ll take a step backwards.
Stebbins...well, I hope they keep playing hard. They showed better ability this year, but the gap is just so wide.
Sidney has promise with typical talent...they just stumble over themselves and fall apart when the going gets tough. Credit to them, they are gritty.
Piqua is always potentially a playoff team, and somehow their mediocre play gets them in position to break their own hearts when they lose week 10. But they’re always near the top.
Xenia being the top dog last year are going to get everyone’s best effort this year. I’m sure they’ll be a decline just because of departures, but their offense allows them to stay competitive.
Troy, like Xenia will be getting everyone’s best effort. Losing a close one to the Buccs and getting completely embarrassed twice has got to sting for the talent loaded team. They could be the favorite easily.
And that leaves the mighty pitchforks hailing from the village of Tippecanoe. All the mess we heard from last years hero TIG, only to have the worst team in 25 years. Rumors start circling like buzzards when you come in promising new stadiums. 5-5 could be overachieving.

Cheers. I look forward to people giving up their New Years resolutions and bickering under a new alias.

It’s highly upsetting that this thread will never touch last years record breaker.
I too am shocked by the step VB took backwards, Wright should bring stability to the offense but look forward to a mid season explosion. Both him and Puckett seem eccentric.
WC could ruin some homecomings this year for sure. Not an easy out with coach Black gaining some momentum. Surprise team without a doubt.
Fairborn also has got to be scary for a couple folks, but at times this year were a complete bipolar mess. With all the good games they played, they hardly showed up just as many times. 6-4 most likely 7-3 at best?
Greenville had an impressive season by their standards with many good players. But unfortunately one can’t help but think they’ll take a step backwards.
Stebbins...well, I hope they keep playing hard. They showed better ability this year, but the gap is just so wide.
Sidney has promise with typical talent...they just stumble over themselves and fall apart when the going gets tough. Credit to them, they are gritty.
Piqua is always potentially a playoff team, and somehow their mediocre play gets them in position to break their own hearts when they lose week 10. But they’re always near the top.
Xenia being the top dog last year are going to get everyone’s best effort this year. I’m sure they’ll be a decline just because of departures, but their offense allows them to stay competitive.
Troy, like Xenia will be getting everyone’s best effort. Losing a close one to the Buccs and getting completely embarrassed twice has got to sting for the talent loaded team. They could be the favorite easily.
And that leaves the mighty pitchforks hailing from the village of Tippecanoe. All the mess we heard from last years hero TIG, only to have the worst team in 25 years. Rumors start circling like buzzards when you come in promising new stadiums. 5-5 could be overachieving.

Cheers. I look forward to people giving up their New Years resolutions and bickering under a new alias.

You out kicked your coverage on this one. Good post.

VB just left me unmotivated after last year. We will see I hope they get it going.

Definitely a nice, well thought out post. You mentioned everyone’s favorite TIG. Haha. He’s been hiding out and not saying a word since that dismal season. I’m sure he’s around and hiding in the weeds somewhere. I remember him posting something before the season about the high hopes they had and that he “knew” that they had the best staff in this region of the state or something? And then when things didn’t go so well, he backpedaled like a DB and said give them 5 years to turn it around. Way to go out on a limb. On a different note, are there any big time D1 players in the conference next year? I heard the WC RB has a D1 offer. What about the Sidney RB? Anything? I wish this league had more non league games to add to the excitement. But it should still be a fun league to watch.

Definitely a nice, well thought out post. You mentioned everyone’s favorite TIG. Haha. He’s been hiding out and not saying a word since that dismal season. I’m sure he’s around and hiding in the weeds somewhere. I remember him posting something before the season about the high hopes they had and that he “knew” that they had the best staff in this region of the state or something? And then when things didn’t go so well, he backpedaled like a DB and said give them 5 years to turn it around. Way to go out on a limb. On a different note, are there any big time D1 players in the conference next year? I heard the WC RB has a D1 offer. What about the Sidney RB? Anything? I wish this league had more non league games to add to the excitement. But it should still be a fun league to watch.
The WC QB has to be a D1 player somewhere at some position.

Tipp is a soccer school and now girl sports. Then Basktball, then swimming, then bowling, then football. But, I can say much since is more impressive than my Aviators. I do think though a coach in this conference can get you into the top 3-4 in the league.

I still think Piqua could break out and get up with Troy. I have thought that for two years now.

Tipp is a soccer school and now girl sports. Then Basktball, then swimming, then bowling, then football. But, I can say much since is more impressive than my Aviators. I do think though a coach in this conference can get you into the top 3-4 in the league.

I still think Piqua could break out and get up with Troy. I have thought that for two years now.

Tipp baseball has been one of the best programs in the area for quite a while. But you’re right, their sports programs are underwhelming right now. I unfortunately think the Burgbachers will get the program turned around soon. Remember his first year at Troy? Really really bad.

Tipp baseball has been one of the best programs in the area for quite a while. But you’re right, their sports programs are underwhelming right now. I unfortunately think the Burgbachers will get the program turned around soon. Remember his first year at Troy? Really really bad.
True. +Baseball. But still behind VB easily.

Fairborn kid. Baseball and football.

While football has been very bad, Tipp’s sports programs are not underwhelming. They have a shot to win the conference in Boys and Girls Basketball and are already in the lead for the all sports trophy after the fall season where they won 5 conference championships in 9 sports. I don’t know how Tipp will fair in football. I have hope that they will be better because I know they have revamped their lifting program. Burgbacher/Derge put all potential football players in strength and power in the last period of the day for this semester. Which means kids won’t be able to skip lifting. Which is a problem they have had before. With the way this conference is, sure Tipp could get lucky and win 7/8 games. I don’t know if I see that happening though.

Does anyone know who Troy is playing Week 2?
If you you go on the MVL site and click on links towards the top, it will show you all the teams schedule. It says Troy plays Xenia in week 2. Unfortunately all the teams play 9 league games! That makes it kinda boring and there aren’t very many big time match ups. The league is kinda watered down, but it will make it exciting each week. Scheme and good coaching will come into play with a lot of the games. Some of these teams could be a few plays away from being 3-7 or 7-3.

Piqua has been lifting during the day for at least a decade and it hasn’t done much for their size/program. Not many HS kids want to grind like that during a school day, not to mention you aren’t lifting as a complete team. In other news: There’s been rumor on the horizon that there will be a mix up at the Butler head coaching spot after next year regardless of record. Any truth to this?

Piqua has been lifting during the day for at least a decade and it hasn’t done much for their size/program. Not many HS kids want to grind like that during a school day, not to mention you aren’t lifting as a complete team. In other news: There’s been rumor on the horizon that there will be a mix up at the Butler head coaching spot after next year regardless of record. Any truth to this?

First there's complaints about lifting to early in the summer, then complaints about not wanting to "grind" during a school day. Lets just hold their hands, sing songs, and talk about what they feel is the best time to lift.

First there's complaints about lifting to early in the summer, then complaints about not wanting to "grind" during a school day. Lets just hold their hands, sing songs, and talk about what they feel is the best time to lift.
Complain? I feel like you misunderstood. I’m stating a fact that Lifting during the day isn’t “revamping” a strength program. I was poking fun at TIG. I’d rather a team lift together instead of throughout periods of the day. I don’t care if it’s before school or after. But, way to show your emotion on this topic with a little tantrum.

If they have to lift at the end of the day so they can't "skip" then that shows that their culture is as bad as it gets, right? If that is their motive behind it.

Complain? I feel like you misunderstood. I’m stating a fact that Lifting during the day isn’t “revamping” a strength program. I was poking fun at TIG. I’d rather a team lift together instead of throughout periods of the day. I don’t care if it’s before school or after. But, way to show your emotion on this topic with a little tantrum.

Didn't misunderstand anything touchdown. Simply explaining how much kids, and Roosters cry about when, where and how lifting takes place. A team lifts when the coaches say. And when a team buys in to the lifting program, without input from mommy and daddy, is when real programs develop.

Didn't misunderstand anything touchdown. Simply explaining how much kids, and Roosters cry about when, where and how lifting takes place. A team lifts when the coaches say. And when a team buys in to the lifting program, without input from mommy and daddy, is when real programs develop.
Ha! Love the shot. You’re right, kids lift when coaches say. Period. I was simply comparing apples. Piqua has done it for a long time and their kids all look the exact same. Aside from naturally big lineman, their kids have scrawny arms and small thighs. Sorry I hurt your feelings. As far as “real programs”, if you’re defending Tipp, I hope you have a good lawyer.

Yeah but you have no idea what you are talking about which is obvious because you misconstrued what I said. They don’t lift at different times all throughout the day. They all lift at the same time in the last period of the school day. Your always on here “poking fun” and running your mouth spreading false information

Yeah but you have no idea what you are talking about which is obvious because you misconstrued what I said. They don’t lift at different times all throughout the day. They all lift at the same time in the last period of the school day. Your always on here “poking fun” and running your mouth spreading false information
1. I was comparing Tipp to the way PIQUA’s program is run (who have kids lifting at different periods in the day). So maybe you should remove your emotion when you read.
2. yes I am here poking fun.
Let me ask you this though, when the guys come in to lift do they answer to you or Derge?

YES YES YES WERE BACK THE THREAD LIVES ???

Recap for new folks:
Tipp city is an average to above average sports high school. A lot of alumni and fans believe their dynatastic.

Vandalia is a baseball only school. All other male sports dumpster fire.

WEST CARROLTON 4 LIFE Arrow points up

Troy is the new Trootwood

Piqua underachieves at football and utter garbage all others

Sidney has a pulse at least

Xenia solid

Greenville maid rites thats it

Fairborn used cars

Recap for new folks:
Tipp city is an average to above average sports high school. A lot of alumni and fans believe their dynatastic.

Xenia solid

Fairborn used cars
We have softball, too. We generally run the joint at that.

Recap for new folks:

Xenia solid

Fairborn used cars
This post had me laughing! Pretty much, dead accuracy. And funny thing is that Stebbins got left off, which is perfect and pretty much sums them up because they’re irrelevant. Nice job.

1. I was comparing Tipp to the way PIQUA’s program is run (who have kids lifting at different periods in the day). So maybe you should remove your emotion when you read.
2. yes I am here poking fun.
Let me ask you this though, when the guys come in to lift do they answer to you or Derge?
Don’t you have a podcast, that thousands listen to, that you need to get back to? I’d assume they answer to Derge since he is the one running it. But I’m not there because I’m not Shultz

Don’t you have a podcast, that thousands listen to, that you need to get back to? I’d assume they answer to Derge since he is the one running it. But I’m not there because I’m not Shultz

You’re right, but my listeners just wanna know what’s going on at Tipp. There was so much hype last year and they were left with a lot of unanswered questions. Glad you cleared up the Schultz confusion...(I also like how you tried to throw us off with the misspelling) You sneaky devil...pun indented.

On a different note, are there any big time D1 players in the conference next year? I heard the WC RB has a D1 offer. What about the Sidney RB? Anything?

Fairborn RB/LB Hunter Warner is getting some D1 attention. He was "1st Team All Ohio" this season as a Junior at linebacker and the SW Ohio Division 2 "Defensive Player of the Year", even though he didn't get DPOY in the MVL. Also made All State in Baseball. Had over 1000 yds rushing and over 100 tackles this past season. A rare stat combination & rare feat.

One to possibly watch for the future is Caleb Coolman, 6'1 260 Center/Tackle, that started all 10 games as a freshman last season.

Last edited:

LOL ... Bipolar is the perfect description for Fairborn last season. Lost a very close 7-9 game at Troy on a last second blocked punt safety and then turned around and gave away a game they were winning at WC by losing a record 9 fumbles. Came back from 2 scores down at Sidney to tie with 37 seconds left on a 2 pt conversion and then gave up a hook & ladder score as the clock ticked down to zero. Finished the season 3-7 but were not far off from being 7-3 or even 8-2.

Last edited: