2020 Masters

clarkgriswold

This year we get the Masters in November, with no patrons. Bryson DeChambeau is the favorite with many thinking his length will enable him to overpower the course. I'd love to see the course bite him but length is a huge advantage at Augusta.

My pick for the week is Xander Schauffele.

This year we get the Masters in November, with no patrons. Bryson DeChambeau is the favorite with many thinking his length will enable him to overpower the course. I'd love to see the course bite him but length is a huge advantage at Augusta.

My pick for the week is Xander Schauffele.
Going to be weird without fans but God knows I'll take it at this point.

Didn't Trump say he won the Masters a few times?

donald-trump-club-championship-939x1024.jpg

https://golf.com/lifestyle/celebrities/president-trump-club-championship-did-not-enter/

Evidently that is a tradition during the practice rounds on that hole.

If I tried to skip one I would fail. I have skipped a couple purely by accident. None were aces though.

For anyone that use to go to Firestone for a practice round back in the day they did something similar on 16; instead of skipping a ball across the pond they would try to make the green in 2 hitting a driver off of the deck. I saw Mickelson and Azinger exchange some $s betting on that shot

I am looking forward to it this weekend, but it's just not the same. Course is playing every different that in the spring. Without the crowd the tone's completely different. It is fun to see the sight lines without the crowd. You get a better sense of the layout of the course without the fans framing the holes.

If Abraham Ancer manages to win, what will be the trademark line by Jim Nantz? Something referencing Jeopardy! with a question and answer theme?

I've been going back between it and the Browns game and as much as I hate it, it just feels like any other golf tournament. It's still the most beautiful place in the world, but without 3 foot knee knocker putts that go 6 feet past if you miss them, hard greens, the crowds and the azaleas, it's just plain different. The Masters is one of my favorites sports events to watch every year and to put in in perspective, it's sharing time with the Browns. LOL.

I've been going back between it and the Browns game and as much as I hate it, it just feels like any other golf tournament. It's still the most beautiful place in the world, but without 3 foot knee knocker putts that go 6 feet past if you miss them, hard greens, the crowds and the azaleas, it's just plain different. The Masters is one of my favorites sports events to watch every year and to put in in perspective, it's sharing time with the Browns. LOL.
Add to that the fact that Johnson had and maintained a comfortable lead. No suspense. Did enjoy seeing Pauline, though.

Pretty cool for Cameron Smith to become first golfer to shoot four sub-par rounds in the Masters.

Last edited:
Add to that the fact that Johnson had and maintained a comfortable lead. No suspense. Did enjoy seeing Pauline, though.

Pretty cool for Cameron Smith to become first golfer to shoot four sub-par rounds in the Masters.

I needed Smith to rally and DJ to choke as I had Cam Smith at 80-1. I put $5 on him at 80-1 and $10 on Ancer at 150-1 way back last December. That's two years in a row I had the second place finisher in the Masters.

I needed Smith to rally and DJ to choke as I had Cam Smith at 80-1. I put $5 on him at 80-1 and $10 on Ancer at 150-1 way back last December. That's two years in a row I had the second place finisher in the Masters.
Always a bridesmaid, eh? :) Oh well, it's only money...

Worked in the morning, but I think I heard them say DJ had a couple early bogeys, but held it together the rest of the way.

Used to be able to depend on the leader to fall back and someone challenge. That makes it interesting.

Augusta without the dogwoods and azaleas (thinking back to your earlier post) is like Pebble Beach without the ocean. Fingers crossed for next spring.

I agree with this take. But I think the calendar makes the Masters as much as the setting, unique conditions, and the tradition of playing the same course for a major every year. There is nothing better than playing one of the first rounds of the year in the morning and then watching the first major of the year in the afternoon with the guys. A friend use to run a course and he always said there was a huge bump the weekend after the Masters.