2020 Massillon Washington Tigers Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxie

🏈 2023 State Champions——16-0
Tiger Football——-Week 2 (Schedules Provided by Arbiter)

Varsity———-Columbus Bishop Sycamore—-Sep.4————35-0
JV’s————-Avon————————————Sep.5—-——-20-27
JV “B”———-Painesville Riverside—————Sep.5————19-36
Freshman——Alliance——————————-Sep.3————33-22
8th Grade——Boardman—————————-Sep.2————44-6
7th Grade——Canton ——————————-Sep.1————22-12

Last edited:

Any word on the start time for this week's game?

Or the band situation? I'm assuming the whole "run off the field" thing from last week was due to the lightning strikes, not the "new normal".

1 thing that has to improve is the play calling in the red zone. Let’s look at the Tigers last drive in the 2nd qtr.
It starts at our own 35 and we run the ball 8 straight times for 53 yards which puts us at 2nd and 7 from the Ed’s 12 yard line.
At that point we have 7 more plays and end up at the Ed’s 25 yard line for a FG.
On those 7 plays we went 1-4 passing for 4 yds
and 3 rushes for 3 yds and 3 penalties for 30 yds.

For the game when the Tigers were in the red zone
2-6 passing for 5 yds
6 rushes for minus 4 yds.

Just a complete mess from the press box to the sidelines to the field.

Go away with that garbage.
Man stop im speaking my opinion like everybody else on this board an im a diehard Massillon fan he is not a good QB to me at all he lacks the arm strength witch is a big problem he didnt read coverages that great in the 2nd half now one i do like is he will run an i think that is gonna help us some what in the future but he does not have the smarts Longwell had

Apparently, based on 14-29-262 w/ 1 int and 2 td. In first start. In the rain. Vs. St. Ed. LOL.

Longwell was obviously a special QB but Zach will be fine.
Thats cool an all when EDs was running a basic coverage but in the 2nd half????? Lol If we wanna win a state championship we gotta get thru Hoban first an I noticed Hoban tends to run more of complex coverage similar to Eds

Tiger Football——-Week 2 (Schedules Provided by Arbiter)

Varsity———-Columbus Bishop Sycamore—-Sep.4—-7:30 PM.——Home
JV’s————-Avon————————————Sep.5—-10:30 AM.——Home
Freshman——Alliance——————————-Sep.3——6:00 PM.——Home
8th Grade——Boardman—————————-Sep.2——6:00 PM.——Home
7th Grade——Canton Crenshaw——————Sep.1——6:00 PM.——Home

I suspect the varsity game will be the least competitive of the five.

Thats cool an all when EDs was running a basic coverage but in the 2nd half????? Lol If we wanna win a state championship we gotta get thru Hoban first an I noticed Hoban tends to run more of complex coverage similar to Eds
I thought Longwell was an absolute monster and this is not a dig at him but against Hoban last year he was 4-12 for 80 yds and 2 int’s.
I think we also have to remember Longwell played in 44 games over 3 seasons, on Friday night was Catrone’s 20th game he has played in and 1st start. That kid has a hell of an arm and he will only get better as the season goes on.
In the words of Aaron Rodgers we need to relax.

Massillon of old? When? To this day they haven't won anything, just a bunch of crazed fans who won't admit they have to recruit to be competitive. I want to see how strong that tradition would remain if you played only Massillon kids and the same transfers normal schools get. Let's see how strong that tradition remains after 20 years of 2-8 and 1-9 seasons.
Really ? Barberton ?
So what exactly is the same transfers normal schools get ? Is this number you are about to throw out the number you received after months of researching every public school in the state and got an average ? Or is it just some bulsht number you came up with ?
It’s a shame Barberton couldn’t schedule us this season, would have been great to watch a beatdown. Maybe in the playoffs....???

Massillon of old? When? To this day they haven't won anything, just a bunch of crazed fans who won't admit they have to recruit to be competitive. I want to see how strong that tradition would remain if you played only Massillon kids and the same transfers normal schools get. Let's see how strong that tradition remains after 20 years of 2-8 and 1-9 seasons.

You are hilarious. You support a program that has gone 7-38-1 against the Tigers throughout the years. Included in that record is a beat down from last year, 49-24. Barberton consistently receives transfers but evidently you don’t admit it.

Sorry, but I saw them play when NO team in the state had a chance against them. and, the years before that under Paul Brown and a good number of years in the ‘40s and when we beat them it was the greatest feeling in the world!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.