2020 La Salle Lancers

The irony of the LaSalle vs Winton Woods rivalry for a lot of Lancer faithful is the Warriors have gained fans from this side of the field. I’m certainly not speaking for all LaSalle fans, but I do speak for many. Last years ending was tough for WW and I absolutely believe if it wasn’t LaSalle it would have been the Warriors taking the title. Especially now that the games have played out and we saw what was waiting for us up north.?

Yeah, I've been a fan of the WW program since 2017. I really like watching them play.

I have been hearing that elder is actually losing a lot of students by transfering

None that I know of. Elder is really thriving right now. Financially, Elder is in incredible shape. The money to complete the Panther Fitness Center is completely donated. Elder is now renovating the Donahue Center(the really old basketball gym then library then weight room now spirit wear and administration offices). I have heard Elder is next going to renovate the old basketball gym now the Elder wrestling/volleyball gym.

Did you know that Elder had its largest open house ever this past year? Elder also had it's largest number of 8th graders shadow Elder this year. In a time when Catholic schools are really hurting, Elder is flourishing.

It will be interesting to see down the road if the Archdiocese will "bail out" another Catholic high school that had been handing out athletic scholarships left and right, or will the Archdiocese close said high school like they closed Mercy?

None that I know of. Elder is really thriving right now. Financially, Elder is in incredible shape. The money to complete the Panther Fitness Center is completely donated. Elder is now renovating the Donahue Center(the really old basketball gym then library then weight room now spirit wear and administration offices). I have heard Elder is next going to renovate the old basketball gym now the Elder wrestling/volleyball gym.

Did you know that Elder had its largest open house ever this past year? Elder also had it's largest number of 8th graders shadow Elder this year. In a time when Catholic schools are really hurting, Elder is flourishing.

It will be interesting to see down the road if the Archdiocese will "bail out" another Catholic high school that had been handing out athletic scholarships left and right, or will the Archdiocese close said high school like they closed Mercy?

How long will you people hang on to this falsehood? There are no athletic scholarships. Area catholic schools could not afford them even if they didn’t go against ethics and the rules. Just stop it and enjoy your thriving school.

As an aside, LS is in good shape too with a giant recent donation and a number of critical renovations forthcoming. It’s an exciting time.

I’d rather our people also not spread false crap about Elder transfers as well. Now, if you have some non-trolling thoughts on our team next year, we’d love to hear outside perspective. Otherwise, go spar with OldSchoolPanther and Pboy about what they believe is wrong with Elder.

I just wish LaSalle could win the right way, like salt of the earth Elder does, LOL

Don't throw me into the sea of purple colored haze. I'm realistic and don't let purple nonsense cloud my views of reality.

The reality is - Elder's enrollment is at its lowest point in pretty much the last 50 years. They are slowly digging out of the hole they created for themselves by keeping the status quo for the last decade. They are doing some very good things, but still need to figure out how to attract non-traditional feeder kids to keep enrollment strong.

As for LaSalle, they may very well be the best of the GCL next year in football. Elder won't see the talent they had this year in football and it will be very tough to replicate a class that large (around 250) in the future. They currently are looking at class sizes around 180.

Schedule Release:
8/28 @ Lakota West
9/4 @ Winton Woods
9/11 TBD
9/18 @ Dayton Dunbar
9/25 vs St Joes
10/2 vs Moeller
10/9 vs Covington Catholic
10/16 vs St. Xavier
10/23 vs Trotwood-Madison
10/30 @ Elder

Elder did lose 4 juniors this year. 3 are at Oak Hills and one is at Harrison. In addition, one (would be junior) left after freshman year to Colerain. All 5 are baseball players and would have been major contributors this year. Not sure why the exodus so don't shoot the messenger.

Elder did lose 4 juniors this year. 3 are at Oak Hills and one is at Harrison. In addition, one (would be junior) left after freshman year to Colerain. All 5 are baseball players and would have been major contributors this year. Not sure why the exodus so don't shoot the messenger.

I'm not sure i would call four an exodus and I'm not sure why this needs to be said in a thread about La Salle football.

1 at la salle

Lol, you have NEVER won a single division 1 playoff game. Oh, and congrats on beating Moeller and Lakota West, lol.

La Salle has not been a DI football program since 2012 and anybody with a shred of credibility would agree that the four state title teams were more than capable of winning one of those DI playoff games. In fact, the 2014 team was the best team in the state and the 2019 team could make an argument as such.

La Salle has not been a DI football program since 2012 and anybody with a shred of credibility would agree that the four state title teams were more than capable of winning one of those DI playoff games. In fact, the 2014 team was the best team in the state and the 2019 team could make an argument as such.
2014 would have definately won, 2015 maybe, 2016 you could say so since we beat St.X that year, and 2019 you could make a strong argument for

2014 would have definately won, 2015 maybe, 2016 you could say so since we beat St.X that year, and 2019 you could make a strong argument for

Interesting take, 2014 Lancers lost to St. X so I am not sure they "definitely" would have won. The 2015 team lost to Elder and X, so maybe is possible but not likely. In 2016, the Lancers lost to Colerain so not sure how you can state, "you could say so since we beat X". Lastly 2019 was a great year, but you were the second best DII team in Cincinnati, lucky WW did not have a week 10 game. A strong argument, definitely but winning state most likely not at the DI level.

All 4 years were possibilities, but you make it sound more certain than it would have been.

Interesting take, 2014 Lancers lost to St. X so I am not sure they "definitely" would have won. The 2015 team lost to Elder and X, so maybe is possible but not likely. In 2016, the Lancers lost to Colerain so not sure how you can state, "you could say so since we beat X". Lastly 2019 was a great year, but you were the second best DII team in Cincinnati, lucky WW did not have a week 10 game. A strong argument, definitely but winning state most likely not at the DI level.

All 4 years were possibilities, but you make it sound more certain than it would have been.

You're right about most of this. It's all conjecture and the transitive property is a bad way to predict sports outcomes. But La Salle was the best team in the state in 2014 with a bad loss to St. X. They should have won and did not. The only "definitely would have won" high school football team I've ever seen was Colerain in 2004. That team wasn't losing to anybody.

You're right about most of this. It's all conjecture and the transitive property is a bad way to predict sports outcomes. But La Salle was the best team in the state in 2014 with a bad loss to St. X. They should have won and did not. The only "definitely would have won" high school football team I've ever seen was Colerain in 2004. That team wasn't losing to anybody.
2004 colerain won the title do you mean 1995

2004 colerain won the title do you mean 1995

That 1995 team was a great team no doubt but they had a few close games, notably what I believe was like a 21-14 or 28-21 win over West High and a 14-7 win over Elder in round one of the playoffs (back when only 4 teams made it). 2004 did not have a close game after halftime of week one against Elder.

So you couldn't win a single playoff game in D1....EVER, now your winning D1 titles?

This year's real state championship game in your own back yard between our La Salle Lancers and your Massillon Tigers was a referendum on the validity of your claims to 24 state titles all of which were sports writers polls. This year Massillon team was voted #1 in the state in the AP poll while La Salle was voted #6. By winning against the #1 poll team, La Salle showed just how meaningless your claims to 24 state titles really are. Every one is 100% bogus. La Salle 4 state championships, Massillon 0
You've never won a solitary playoff game in D1, but you're claiming you would have won 2 D1 championships. :LOL:

This year's real state championship game in your own back yard between our La Salle Lancers and your Massillon Tigers was a referendum on the validity of your claims to 24 state titles all of which were sports writers polls. This year Massillon team was voted #1 in the state in the AP poll while La Salle was voted #6. By winning against the #1 poll team, La Salle showed just how meaningless your claims to 24 state titles really are. Every one is 100% bogus. La Salle 4 state championships, Massillon 0

Deal with that Massillon boy!!!

Devonte got a Bama offer today. Dare I say this could be the most talented LS roster ever. More goes into football than just talent, but I can't recall ever having 4-5 guys that either have already, or have legitimate cases for offers like Ohio State and Bama.