2020 La Salle Lancers

Not Starting rumors, just what I have been told from a reliable source.

You didn't see it and someone told you? Hmmm, Basically that is what we call a rumor. If you know Steve Specht at all you would know that there is no way in hell he would be okay with someone on his coaching staff publishing something like this to share with the team.

So let me get this right, you have actually seen the St X scouting report??? Or are you passing along some BS that you heard?
I don’t think you know my actual connection to the team, we will be ready Friday no matter what. Don’t worry!! 2-0

You didn't see it and someone told you? Hmmm, Basically that is what we call a rumor. If you know Steve Specht at all you would know that there is no way in hell he would be okay with someone on his coaching staff publishing something like this to share with the team.
I saw what I saw, no matter who made it, very disrespectful and time to move on to game talk.

I agree, predictions and analysis for the game?
If LaSalle’s defense can pick it up a little bit and not allow big plays especially on third down, they should win this game. I’m not sure about tae if he is playing or not but we still won without him most of the game. LaSalle will score without any problem I think, X defense wasn’t really as good this year as they were last year and I know they only played one game but just doesn’t look the same. Offensively I think if LaSalle shuts down Clifford they will be successful but struggled to shut down Ramsey last week. If LaSalle doesn’t commit stupid penalties and play good defense, they should win this game. St X will win if they shut down the LaSalle offense and convert on third down. It should be interesting.

I saw what I saw, no matter who made it, very disrespectful and time to move on to game talk.
You are so well connected but you just joined yappi in november of last year, what grade are you in son? You basically got on here and started some racially motivated rumors trying to get a rise and now you are ready to move on when you got called out. Miss me with the BS, truth of the matter is you probably made that crap up. As for who wins the game we will see on friday. I'm done.

I'm interested to see what X is able to do to stop Branam and Payne. Obviously, that'll be the theme all year for all foes. But I'd imagine Specht is best suited to figure it out.

You are so well connected but you just joined yappi in november of last year, what grade are you in son? You basically got on here and started some racially motivated rumors trying to get a rise and now you are ready to move on when you got called out. Miss me with the BS, truth of the matter is you probably made that crap up. As for who wins the game we will see on friday. I'm done.
Nope didn’t get called out at all, I can post the photo on here if you want of the report! I’m actually a productive member of society with 3 state championship rings and very proud of it. I would never put anything on here that isn’t true and I just heard about this yesterday and their was reports of this before I ever said anything, so your statement of me starting this is BS. So you worry about, and I worry about myself, simple as that. I’m out here to protect the players of any accusations. May the best team win Friday.

Nope didn’t get called out at all, I can post the photo on here if you want of the report! I’m actually a productive member of society with 3 state championship rings and very proud of it. I would never put anything on here that isn’t true and I just heard about this yesterday and their was reports of this before I ever said anything, so your statement of me starting this is BS. So you worry about, and I worry about myself, simple as that. I’m out here to protect the players of any accusations. May the best team win Friday.
post away

I'm interested to see what X is able to do to stop Branam and Payne. Obviously, that'll be the theme all year for all foes. But I'd imagine Specht is best suited to figure it out.
LaSalle has quite a few talented wide receivers that were not used much last week. If they can mix them in this week it will help out Payne and Branam tremendously so it all doesn’t fall on them.

LaSalle has quite a few talented wide receivers that were not used much last week. If they can mix them in this week it will help out Payne and Branam tremendously so it all doesn’t fall on them.

I fully expect more things to open up offensively as the season goes on.

Is there a spring football season that they are saving these mysterious talented wide receivers for? Smith went out in the 1st quarter, and I didn't see much out of the LS wide receivers. The running game was working, but there were times they needed a pass. Branam only completed 10 and 3 of those were to Payne.

Stopping Branam in the run game is the key. He is a good QB but much better runner than passer. With Payne you have to make him earn his yardage. They will want to limit his carries so that he can play on both sides of the ball. No big plays is the key. Running QBs have killed X the last two years, they seemed to get a better handle on it as the year went on last year. We will see how they are vs the QB run on friday night because you know Branam is going to run it. For X improvement in the running game is a must and i think you will see that this week. Brownsburg was stout up front against the run not sure that LaSalle is that stout upfront based on the success Elder had last week. Control the clock, Bend but don't break and, spread the ball around are the keys for the X Offense. Should be a good one.

Is there a spring football season that they are saving these mysterious talented wide receivers for? Smith went out in the 1st quarter, and I didn't see much out of the LS wide receivers. The running game was working, but there were times they needed a pass. Branam only completed 10 and 3 of those were to Payne.
#87 rashawn Taylor is pretty talented but didn’t have many attempts thrown to him, or were not well thrown balls. #7 Jaylen Johnson will be put out at receiver too and made a big catch, Tae didn’t play much but will make a big impact, Cole Schnieder a TE made a few big catches as well. Obviously Gibran makes an impact no matter where he is on the field. Just most of these players have not made an impact yet and they will be as the season goes on.

LS was chasing Elder most of the game after falling behind 14-0, so it makes sense that they'd ride the two proven quantities until it didn't work anymore. There was a nice TD pass to the TE and a good deep pass to Johnson as well.

Stopping Branam in the run game is the key. He is a good QB but much better runner than passer. With Payne you have to make him earn his yardage. They will want to limit his carries so that he can play on both sides of the ball. No big plays is the key. Running QBs have killed X the last two years, they seemed to get a better handle on it as the year went on last year. We will see how they are vs the QB run on friday night because you know Branam is going to run it. For X improvement in the running game is a must and i think you will see that this week. Brownsburg was stout up front against the run not sure that LaSalle is that stout upfront based on the success Elder had last week. Control the clock, Bend but don't break and, spread the ball around are the keys for the X Offense. Should be a good one.

Yep, 13 is going to run and likely reach 100 with a TD or two.

I don't remember seeing Payne on defense much last week. I see he had a tackle or two, but it seems to me they're trying to keep him just on offense. Of course, that may be different now after 52 points.

.......................... I would never put anything on here that isn’t true and I just heard about this yesterday and their was reports of this before I ever said anything, so your statement of me starting this is BS............................................

St. X should be ashamed of themselves. Per report, the scouting report for St. X has all of LaSalle’s top players on both sides of the ball, (we all know who these players are) St. X has them listed as vouchers...................................

St X didn't do this, a poster on Yappi did it; you owe St.X an apology, You can blast the actual person who made up the report all you want, no one will quibble about that.

Here is The Enquirer game analysis with staff members giving their predictions for this key matchup this weekend.

St. Xavier (0-1) at La Salle (1-0)
What to watch: La Salle is coming off a thrilling last-second victory, beating Elder in The Pit on a game-winning two-point conversion in double overtime. St. Xavier is coming off an overtime loss, a 30-24 defeat to Brownsburg (Ind.) after holding a 14-point fourth-quarter lead. The Bombers have had the upper hand in this rivalry against the Lancers, winning seven of the last nine meetings. Last season, La Salle shook off back-to-back 42-7 loses to St. Xavier, winning 22-15. The Lancers are scorching hot behind quarterback Zach Branam, who threw for three touchdowns and ran for two more against Elder last week. St. Xavier allowed 160 rushing yards in Week 1, now they get a matchup against coveted running back Gi'Bran Payne, who had 220 yards from scrimmage and four touchdowns on 27 touches against the Panthers. St. Xavier quarterback Brogan McCaughey was 26-for-38 for 252 yards with two touchdowns and two interceptions last Saturday. He'll be looking to find Penn State commit Liam Clifford, who posted his fifth career 100-yard performance in Week 1. La Salle's D-I laden secondary is looking for a bounce-back week after Elder racked up 435 total yards of offense.

Picks: St. Xavier (Newton), La Salle (Springer, Dermer, Harrison, Weber)

No Smith = Bombers win
Here is what your analysis says:
1. La Salle is a one trick pony. Take him away and the Lancers can't beat the big boys.
2. You have factual datum that Smith is not playing. According to the OHSAA Handbook, a suspension for the next game after an ejection is not automatic in football. Video is sent in to the OHSAA and a decision is made based on the video.
3. You believe St. Xavier is better than Elder becuase the Lancers had to play the last three quarters + without Smith and still beat Elder.

Here is what your analysis says:
1. La Salle is a one trick pony. Take him away and the Lancers can't beat the big boys.
2. You have factual datum that Smith is not playing. According to the OHSAA Handbook, a suspension for the next game after an ejection is not automatic in football. Video is sent in to the OHSAA and a decision is made based on the video.
3. You believe St. Xavier is better than Elder becuase the Lancers had to play the last three quarters + without Smith and still beat Elder.

1. Not really, but he is a big part of their defense and offense. It's a big loss. I recognize they have other weapons, but in a tight game one key player can be a difference maker in a win or loss.
2. I have no inside information on if Smith is playing or not. I'm just speculating based on the ejection last week. Even if cleared by the OHSAA, would the LS head coach not consider benching his player as punishment? I couldn't tell how flagrant the penalties were by watching on live stream, and I realize there could be more to it that Smith could explain to defend his actions.
3. I think Elder-X are pretty even, but I would probably give a slight nod to X. While Smith played only a little more than half a quarter, Elder also lost a key returning starter in Bartley Thomas with ejection and a captain LB committed to Ball St. went out early with a concussion. You could consider that a wash.

I'm sure you're aware that your view is in the minority here, in fact the Yappi faithful is picking La Salle by a 4-1 margin in the SWO King of the Spread contest. As an Elder guy, you desperately want LS to lose to give the Panthers a shot at a GCLS title. In the contest, those picking LS are saying LS wins by five or more points since the spread is LS -4.5

Last edited:
I'm sure you're aware that your view is in the minority here, in fact the Yappi faithful is picking La Salle by a 4-1 margin in the SWO King of the Spread contest. As an Elder guy, you desperately want LS to lose to give the Panthers a shot at a GCLS title.

No reason to play the game; obviously the outcome has been determined by people, who for the most part are ignorant of each team.
Personally, should be a good game, wouldn't surprise me who the winner is. The second game of a season is usually when a team corrects some of their mistakes and their execution is improved. Neither team has given an indication that it is obviously superior.

I'm sure you're aware that your view is in the minority here, in fact the Yappi faithful is picking La Salle by a 4-1 margin in the SWO King of the Spread contest. As an Elder guy, you desperately want LS to lose to give the Panthers a shot at a GCLS title. In the contest, those picking LS are saying LS wins by five or more points since the spread is LS -4.5

A handful at most picked Elder against that spread last week. It's creative and fun, but not really anything to be taken seriously.

The biggest improvements are often made from Week 1 to Week 2 and both of these teams have some work to do. We will know more late Friday night.