2020 La Salle Lancers

I think UC possibly. Will most likely get a lot of playing time there. Iesa Jarmon will also be a senior this year who is committed to UC. Both playing together another four years would be scary.
As a current Bearcat, I would absolutely love that. Those two already have chemistry and would lock up AAC competition.

I think UC possibly. Will most likely get a lot of playing time there. Iesa Jarmon will also be a senior this year who is committed to UC. Both playing together another four years would be scary.
I know you tend to know more about LS guys personally than us, but from a UC recruiting perspective there doesn't seem to be anything there unfortunetely. I'm 100% sure he ends up at Bama unless something between now and next week changes.

According to Mike Dyer, Smith picked up offers from Georgia and Michigan recently.
I know he just de-committed from OSU but it seems like he’s trending upward. All of the 247 staff think he’s going to get bumped up a star at some point and think he’ll reach the top 250.

Look at the timing of how things happened. Payne gets an offer to Alabama, then Smith decommits to OSU. Smith already had an offer from Alabama. That's why I believe they both go to Alabama.

Look at the timing of how things happened. Payne gets an offer to Alabama, then Smith decommits to OSU. Smith already had an offer from Alabama. That's why I believe they both go to Alabama.

I expect Gi'bran to end up at OSU in all honesty. I know he is a big OSU fan and by all accounts it seems like where he wants to be. I would not be surprised to see him commit the week he gets the offer like Devonta did.

Devonta is going to Bama and could commit as early as tonight, I am 100% sure about that.

I know he just de-committed from OSU but it seems like he’s trending upward. All of the 247 staff think he’s going to get bumped up a star at some point and think he’ll reach the top 250.

One said Devonta is higher on Saban's board than Tony Grimes. Another said he could end up on his last of 5 stars. I don't see how he is close to a 5 star, but he is very easily a top 250 guy. I've been saying it since he was in the 700's on 247.

I truely believe he has the highest potential of any recent kids coming out of Cincinnati. He has future star written all over him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him sitting in the green room one day.

Last edited:
Tay to Alabama
1593531488200.png

Continuing with the third year starting QBs the Lancers will face this year is the Winton Woods QB who we could face twice in both the regular season and the playoffs. Here is Shelby Dermer's and Jamer Weber's report on him.

Michale Wingfield, Winton Woods (Sr.)

Wingfield will be entering his third season as the starting quarterback for the Warriors. In 2018, he led Winton Woods to a regional championship and 12-2 record. Last season, Winton Woods played only nine games and missed the playoffs, finishing 6-3. Wingfield threw for 1,212 yards and 14 touchdowns and ran for additional 230.

The second-team all-district selection is dubbed a three-star recruit by 247sports. He was recently offered by The Citadel and has interest from multiple MAC programs.

Continuing with the third year starting QBs the Lancers will face this year is the Winton Woods QB who we could face twice in both the regular season and the playoffs. Here is Shelby Dermer's and Jamer Weber's report on him.

Michale Wingfield, Winton Woods (Sr.)

Wingfield will be entering his third season as the starting quarterback for the Warriors. In 2018, he led Winton Woods to a regional championship and 12-2 record. Last season, Winton Woods played only nine games and missed the playoffs, finishing 6-3. Wingfield threw for 1,212 yards and 14 touchdowns and ran for additional 230.

The second-team all-district selection is dubbed a three-star recruit by 247sports. He was recently offered by The Citadel and has interest from multiple MAC programs.
He’s a great player that makes Winton Woods a real threat. Especially if we meet again in the playoffs.

I'm hereby declaring we will not be playing Pickerington Central in week three. I told our AD back in early May they were looking for a game and could host or travel. Now I see that La Salle posted on the OHSAA web site on June 15th that they are looking for a week three opponent. https://ohsaa.org/OpenDates#203351-football Scroll down to week three under the 2020 season and you'll that Pickerington Central and La Salle are the last two entries. In the meantime, Pickerington Central still lists week three as open. http://www.pctigerfootball.com/central-schedule.html

Fandom Member.
So LaSalle wants no part of Pickerington Central or vice versa? That game would have all kinds of appeal and would seem to be the perfect solution to current situation.

So LaSalle wants no part of Pickerington Central or vice versa? That game would have all kinds of appeal and would seem to be the perfect solution to current situation.
Exactly. This game would receive so much hype and would be a great matchup between 2 of the best teams in the state. Don’t understand why they wouldn’t do it.

So LaSalle wants no part of Pickerington Central. That game would have all kinds of appeal and would seem to be the perfect solution to current situation.
The AD at La Salle last word to me about PC was on May 21st when he told me " I'm well aware of the week three open date for Pickerington Central.". I believe it's the head coach who doesn't want any part of them not that you can blame him. The schedule is already loaded enough with two state champions without adding a third in PC.

Last edited:

I seriously doubt either one would duck the other given their histories. I have two theories as tow why it wouldn't happen, neither based on any evidence other than a hunch on my part:

1. La Salle needs a home game and that could be the hold up (although, PC's ad says they'd travel).
2. There has been some conjecture that Ohio would move to an 8-game season for 2020. If that's in the works or just a possibility, it doesn't make sense to commit to anything now.

That's surprising. LaSalle has nothing to lose and could get a great home game. Maybe they'd rather take a sure 9-0 than risk 9-1, but a win over a D-1 powerhouse would be super impressive. PC will have to break in a new QB after 3 yrs of supreme leadership at the position. Catching PC early in the season could be an advantage for them. Anybody know if schedules have to be "set" by a certain time or can last-minute changes be accommodated?
For instance, let's say it's Week 4. Schedule has School A vs. B and C vs. D. However B and C have outbreaks and have to cancel. Can A and D now play instead?

Congrats to 3 star DB Jaymar Hargrove Mundy for his commitment to Miami (Ohio) today!

Hargrove-Mundy had a 27-yard fumble return touchdown in La Salle's first-round playoff victory over Little Miami and intercepted a pass in the regional final against Harrison. Last season, Mundy was a first-team all-district and third-team All-Ohio selection. He finished with 50 tackles and led the Greater Catholic League-South with six interceptions. Miami is getting a good one. In the photo below, we see him running it in for the touchdown against Little Miami thanks to Geoff Blankenship for the Enquirer for the photo.
1593793151637.png

Photo by Geoff Blankenshhip for the Enquirer

Last edited:
Is was a surprise to me to see the Lancers ranked ahead of Colerain and St. Xavier, football powerhouses that not all that long ago would get the top athletes from La Salle's closest Catholic elementary school like St. Ignatius and St. James both less than two miles from the school