2020 La Salle Lancers

Just like you did after last yr championship game smh don't wanna hear it..
Massillon was talking a lot before the state game last year, talking how Massillon would kill LaSalle and the game wouldn’t even be close. Well when you talk you get hit. That’s the only reason Massillon got a lot of after the state championship. LaSalle proved all you wrong, so your definitely gonna hear about it.

#235 post: When you get back your starting QB who has D2/FCS. ??????

what’s the problem with #12 ???

Interesting Zach should come up today since the write-up about the best returning QBs was published today. Here is what the reporter said:

Zach Branam, La Salle (Sr.)

Branam proved to be a lethal dual-threat quarterback in his first varsity season in 2019, throwing for 1,676 yards and running for nearly 1,400 with 35 total touchdowns to help lead the Lancers to their fourth state championship in six seasons. Branam had just one career passing attempt going into last season, but quickly caught fire, throwing for 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions over the first five games.

In Week 6, Branam ran for 253 yards and five touchdowns in a win over Moeller. Less than a month later, he threw for 153 yards and ran for 120 as La Salle locked down the Greater Catholic League-South championship with a 27-25 win over Elder. In the postseason, Branam ran for over 500 yards, including 166 in the state final against Massillon Washington.

He was named first-team GCL-South and all-district and third-team All-Ohio. He's received offers from Valparaiso University, Kenyon College and the University of Chicago over the last month.

Interesting Zach should come up today since the write-up about the best returning QBs was published today. Here is what the reporter said:

Zach Branam, La Salle (Sr.)

Branam proved to be a lethal dual-threat quarterback in his first varsity season in 2019, throwing for 1,676 yards and running for nearly 1,400 with 35 total touchdowns to help lead the Lancers to their fourth state championship in six seasons. Branam had just one career passing attempt going into last season, but quickly caught fire, throwing for 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions over the first five games.

In Week 6, Branam ran for 253 yards and five touchdowns in a win over Moeller. Less than a month later, he threw for 153 yards and ran for 120 as La Salle locked down the Greater Catholic League-South championship with a 27-25 win over Elder. In the postseason, Branam ran for over 500 yards, including 166 in the state final against Massillon Washington.

He was named first-team GCL-South and all-district and third-team All-Ohio. He's received offers from Valparaiso University, Kenyon College and the University of Chicago over the last month.
I feel like Branam or Payne have a great shot at winning GCL-South Player of the Year. Any idea what the receiving core looks like after losing Norwood?

Any idea what the receiving core looks like after losing Norwood?

We don't need a replacement for Norwood who was a junior in 2019. Did he go somewhere else? We will also have transfer Ben Schieff Junior WR from Loyola Blakefield (Maryland) 42 rec 605 yds 6 td

Last edited:
I found this online.
9ac37c2a-3683-42dd-b22c-3f828141713b.gif
Jaylen Norwood has been added to the La Salle football roster.

Posted Thu, Jun 04 2020 @ 04:21 PM

Other returing running backs are Josh Shaw who only played in six games last year, 31 attempts, 155 yards, 1 td.
OJ Wyatt, 6 games, 35 attempts, 138 yards, 1 td.

La Salle will be playing against teams with some really good QBs. Let's take a look at what the Enquirer's high school writers say about Covington Catholic, our week seven opponent:

Caleb Jacob, Covington Catholic (Sr.)

Jacob threw for 2,817 yards and 33 touchdowns for the Colonels, completing 64 percent of his passes. Jacob enters his third season as a starter and has a record of 29-1, leading the Colonels to last year’s 5A state championship. He threw for over 2,800 yards and 28 touchdowns as a sophomore. He was invited to the Elite 11 Quarterback Regional Invite and holds offers from Morehead State (DI), Kentucky Wesleyan (DII), Siena Heights (NAIA) and Brevard College (DIII) with Eastern Kentucky showing interest.

I'm hereby declaring we will not be playing Pickerington Central in week three. I told our AD back in early May they were looking for a game and could host or travel. Now I see that La Salle posted on the OHSAA web site on June 15th that they are looking for a week three opponent. https://ohsaa.org/OpenDates#203351-football Scroll down to week three under the 2020 season and you'll that Pickerington Central and La Salle are the last two entries. In the meantime, Pickerington Central still lists week three as open. http://www.pctigerfootball.com/central-schedule.html

Fandom Member.

Last edited:
He is not returning to LaSalle.
I emailed a La Salle coach who told me he went back to Columbus right after the 2019 season ended. If you recall he came to La Salle from Westerville South high school, so I assume he's back playing for them this year.

Fandom Member

Last edited: