2020 La Salle Lancers

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
La Salle's cornerback lesa Jarmon had a staggering 26 DI offers before he committed to the Bearcats this week to put an end to it. Two other defensive players for the Lancers had already committed to Ohio State. A fourth defensive player with a boatload of offers has not committed yet.

Goblue10

I would love to see LaSalle and Harrison play in the regular season. I wonder if they played in the regular season that when they meet in the playoffs it would be closer.

Looks like we’ve got a name for the Maryland transfer. Ben Schleiff (WR/DB) out of Loyola Blakefield in Towson, MD (Baltimore). Played against Gilman and Calvert Hall last year. Seems like he’ll fit in well. I believe he’s Class of 22.

Last edited:

Goblue10

They also have a Lb. transfer from Centerville for next year also, he will fit in just fine since we lost a couple LB from last years squad. He’s a big boy built well and looks like he likes to hit people so he will fit in quick.

They also have a Lb. transfer from Centerville for next year also, he will fit in just fine since we lost a couple LB from last years squad. He’s a big boy built well and looks like he likes to hit people so he will fit in quick.
Really hope we get a season this year. Lancers have a special team.

Lancer_Reups

I hope so too, I would love to see them play again and it’s my brothers senior year
We should have a season maybe altered slightly, As of now I expect a full season, I felt a little better on DeWines press conference Yesterday, stating May 29th should not be a fixated date and how he is Optimistic that we are able to do more activities in July and August, could be a hint there is a solid chance that school shutdown until July 1st could be rescinded earlier

CinciSportsFan

What will the lines be looking like this year. Only one I was familiar with is Blevins and obviously he is at UC now. Are most of the guys returning?

Goblue10

The O line is having three starters coming back so they will have some experience and some guys coming up to fill spots and will learn quick

EagleFan

Socially Distant, as always
Looks like that Riverside Academy cancelled on Moeller for week 10. They still on with La Salle for week 3??

EagleFan

Socially Distant, as always
Riverside is one of the traveling US-rules football teams in Canada that recruit players for exposure in US. In the current environment, they may have trouble fielding a team if the parents don't want them barnstorming from Ohio to Connecticut in the Fall.

I wonder if the other programs of that type out of Canada (West Toronto Prep, Football North, RICC Canada Prep) will have some issues too.

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
I notiiced that Avon is looking for a two year contract of home and away for week three. I would love to play them.

hdvhsmgr

I notiiced that Avon is looking for a two year contract of home and away for week three. I would love to play them.
They filled that opening with Glenville.
Most likely in state opponents as of now would be Buchtel, Barberton, Hilliard Davidson or Pickerington Central.

cjb56

They filled that opening with Glenville.
Most likely in state opponents as of now would be Buchtel, Barberton, Hilliard Davidson or Pickerington Central.
This is true. It was actually in place long before it ever posted, but Ted Ginn eventually got around to making it formal.

Avon is looking for a Week 2 in 2021 and 2022.

cjb56

And Avon would love to play LaSalle for a state title, if we have a season. LaSalle is my pick to go back to back, but to be the best you must beat the best...so I'm hoping for an Avon vs LaSalle game in early December.

MassillonTigers3

And Avon would love to play LaSalle for a state title, if we have a season. LaSalle is my pick to go back to back, but to be the best you must beat the best...so I'm hoping for an Avon vs LaSalle game in early December.
Avon has a lot returning again correct? Hope for another semifinal matchup to see who gets to try to knock off Lasalle

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
Let's assume La Salle can't fill weeks 3 and 5. It's my understanding of the Harbin system that their L2 Divisor would then be 80 and not 100.

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
It looks like the last open date posted for week three is Pickerington Central which had a cancellation for that week. It was posted on May 5th.

Lancermania

Lancers lead the way!
Think of the hype surrounding that game: Last year's DI champion vs. last year's DII champion. They may be willing to play at La Salle. Here is what is posted on the OHSAA open dates site. "Pickerington Central HS is looking for a Week 3 Varsity opponent due to a recent cancellation from the covid-19 pandemic. We can host or travel."

TigerPaw

Yes. Avon returns more than enough to win their region and rematch with the Tigers for a shot at what appears to be a loaded LaSalle team.
So does Hoban with Hamm and Fox etc. The 4 best teams last year (no offense) were LaSalle, WW, Massillon, and Hoban. Avon, TCC right up there too. So much depends on regions. Or in WW's case the wrong kind of luck. Avon too actually w/ an unbelievable rash of injuries. The underclassmen thrown into action will play huge dividends this year (hoping). Good luck!

cjb56

So does Hoban with Hamm and Fox etc. The 4 best teams last year (no offense) were LaSalle, WW, Massillon, and Hoban. Avon, TCC right up there too. So much depends on regions. Or in WW's case the wrong kind of luck. Avon too actually w/ an unbelievable rash of injuries. The underclassmen thrown into action will play huge dividends this year (hoping). Good luck!
I certainly do not underestimate Hoban. I just feel their edge was in their lines, and I don't know that they can match the lines of their championship teams this time. They will still be among the D2 favorites, though. The Tigers kinda pierced that Hoban mystique, which gives them an edge IMO.

I was disappointed WW didn't qualify for the playoffs. They were possibly the best D2 team in their region and maybe Ohio.

Avon scrapped through the playoffs with a ridiculous rash of key injuries. I've never seen anything like it. By the time they faced the Tigers they were basically reduced to WR Joey Lance (#1) as wildcat QB running left or right play after play. He certainly left it all on the field, but the Tigers had too many horses...especially Venson.

All in all, I still feel LaSalle wears the target this season and fully deserves it.

Maxie

I certainly do not underestimate Hoban. I just feel their edge was in their lines, and I don't know that they can match the lines of their championship teams this time. They will still be among the D2 favorites, though. The Tigers kinda pierced that Hoban mystique, which gives them an edge IMO.

I was disappointed WW didn't qualify for the playoffs. They were possibly the best D2 team in their region and maybe Ohio.

Avon scrapped through the playoffs with a ridiculous rash of key injuries. I've never seen anything like it. By the time they faced the Tigers they were basically reduced to WR Joey Lance (#1) as wildcat QB running left or right play after play. He certainly left it all on the field, but the Tigers had too many horses...especially Venson.

All in all, I still feel LaSalle wears the target this season and fully deserves it.
Good take. By the way, in 2021, Warren Harding moves to game 4 for the Tigers. Maybe that could open a slot for Avon. 🤷🏻‍♂️