2020 GMC Football

Who would win the GMC this year (If played this year)

• Colerain

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Fairfield

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Hamilton

• Lakota East

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Middletown

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Oak Hills

• Princeton

• Sycamore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How's Lakota East, folks? Run, run, run still?

I'm assuming they're stream their home game this week?
They’re going to run a more methodical type triple option as usual. They have a fair amount of talent at the skill positions, but they’re not as good as they could be.

They’re going to run a more methodical type triple option as usual. They have a fair amount of talent at the skill positions, but they’re not as good as they could be.

Gotcha. Sounds par for the course, TBH.

LS better start tackling this week.

Not sure how good Colerain is. Princeton game will be a good indicator of both teams. Wondering about Hamilton? TO's were significant in their loss to West. Fairfield vs Hamilton could be a good one. I'm giving Sycamore the toughest schedule award. East doesn't have the luxury of 2 non-league cupcakes and will play a good team for the third week in a row. 0-3 awaits. Middletown probably loses to Kings.

My concerns about Princeton is their defensive line is small and got destroyed by Sycamore's o line. Sycamore ran the same miss direction play with #12 and got 120 + yards. Then they had success with Boyd and just went away from him for almost 2 quarters. Princeton was up 27-15 and just started to have Lynn run backwards 15 or 20 yards and throw odd passes out of bounds to stop the clock and almost blew the game. Coaching seems like a major issue for the Vikings. They are very talented and could beat anyone, but horrible mistakes keeps them from moving to the next level. Hopefully I'm wrong

My concerns about Princeton is their defensive line is small and got destroyed by Sycamore's o line. Sycamore ran the same miss direction play with #12 and got 120 + yards. Then they had success with Boyd and just went away from him for almost 2 quarters. Princeton was up 27-15 and just started to have Lynn run backwards 15 or 20 yards and throw odd passes out of bounds to stop the clock and almost blew the game. Coaching seems like a major issue for the Vikings. They are very talented and could beat anyone, but horrible mistakes keeps them from moving to the next level. Hopefully I'm wrong
They need to stick with Boyd to set up the read option , misdirection has killed Princeton for 20 years that’s no surprise there , I do like the Qb he can wing it and is more accurate then what we have seen the past 7-8 years . Coaching is still a question mark ,

I don't understand the hatred toward LE offense. They have had stability and success with it.

When people run a spread offense with not nearly as much success people love it. It's baffling.

I don't understand the hatred toward LE offense. They have had stability and success with it.

When people run a spread offense with not nearly as much success people love it. It's baffling.

People like frills and flash; just like with hoops.

Not sure how good Colerain is. Princeton game will be a good indicator of both teams. Wondering about Hamilton? TO's were significant in their loss to West. Fairfield vs Hamilton could be a good one. I'm giving Sycamore the toughest schedule award. East doesn't have the luxury of 2 non-league cupcakes and will play a good team for the third week in a row. 0-3 awaits. Middletown probably loses to Kings.

Fairfield TO's (-4) were the difference in their loss to Mason and FF had a distinct advantage over Middletown with it being the Middies first game. So it's hard to get a read on where the Indians currently are.

My take after watching two games on TV is that the Indian O-line and D are solid and their skill players on O are young and inexperienced. That being said FF's young QB is improving and is already a dominant runner (both games over 100 yards and 34 - 412 yards - 5 Td's after 2 games) if the Indians get their passing game going they will be a tough offense to stop.

A much improved Hamilton will be a big test for FF.

Lakota East could still run the triple option and have success, much like Colerain has. The issue is the way they run their option. Tight splits between the linemen (Colerain always has wide splits, which makes the QB-FB read easier), lack of playmakers at QB (again, a Colerain staple), and the unwillingness to get playmakers the ball in space kills this offense.

I’m hating on it for now, but more from the fact that Coach Haines took his star fullback and moved him to defense against Mason. The triple option is only as good as the personnel you run it with.

Makes sense. I've only seen LE a few times over the Haynes years, so my local option-viewing has mainly been Colerain.

Makes sense. I've only seen LE a few times over the Haynes years, so my local option-viewing has mainly been Colerain.
From being a Sycamore fan that sees them play both teams, Lakota East runs their option very differently. The way Colerain runs the option reminds me of Navy when they have a Keenan Reynolds or Malcolm Perry at QB. Lakota East never has that big play threat, especially from the QB position. They gear their option to gain 4-5 yards rather than hitting the big play.

Lakota East could still run the triple option and have success, much like Colerain has. The issue is the way they run their option. Tight splits between the linemen (Colerain always has wide splits, which makes the QB-FB read easier), lack of playmakers at QB (again, a Colerain staple), and the unwillingness to get playmakers the ball in space kills this offense.
I agree with you that the wide splits makes the QB-FB read easier. East runs the tight splits as a scheme in order to condense the defense in an attempt to get their athletes in space. The problem is, LE doesn't have the same playmakers anywhere on the field that Colerain does.

The Triple Option, much like the Wing-T is typically for teams that don't have the talent of other teams. It levels the playing-field. The only downside is if you get down by 2+ scores, then getting back in the game is extremely difficult. It kills me that so many teams that perennially struggle don't adopt either of those 2 offenses. Either one can be a great equalizer and stabilize programs once established.

I've seen much smaller D-lines from past Princeton teams. Sycamore's O-line had four guys who were college sized. Throw on that Princeton put their 350 pound nose tackle at center to compensate for an injury there, and I'm not surprised by how Sycamore's run game performed. Colerain's O-line is tiny; the smallest Sycamore lineman is bigger than Colerain's biggest guy.

Thomas Boyd looked gassed at points late in the game. His game is power, but he does not need to be 240 pounds to be effective. I think a college coach gets him down to the 220 area.

That late fourth down call was a head scratcher. If you're going to kill clock and throw it away, at least launch it to the end zone and see if someone comes down with it. Other than that, the play calling and penalties this year have been FAR better than years' past. Part of the former is due to better quarterback play. Mekhi Lynn rebounded from two picks thrown early against Hamilton. He looks to be every bit the runner Hairston and Horton were but can actually hit the open man on the medium routes. That looks to have made the play calling a bit more balanced.

I've seen much smaller D-lines from past Princeton teams. Sycamore's O-line had four guys who were college sized. Throw on that Princeton put their 350 pound nose tackle at center to compensate for an injury there, and I'm not surprised by how Sycamore's run game performed. Colerain's O-line is tiny; the smallest Sycamore lineman is bigger than Colerain's biggest guy.

Thomas Boyd looked gassed at points late in the game. His game is power, but he does not need to be 240 pounds to be effective. I think a college coach gets him down to the 220 area.

That late fourth down call was a head scratcher. If you're going to kill clock and throw it away, at least launch it to the end zone and see if someone comes down with it. Other than that, the play calling and penalties this year have been FAR better than years' past. Part of the former is due to better quarterback play. Mekhi Lynn rebounded from two picks thrown early against Hamilton. He looks to be every bit the runner Hairston and Horton were but can actually hit the open man on the medium routes. That looks to have made the play calling a bit more balanced.

Mekhi Lynn might be a high major D1 recruit at the QB position. He has decent accuracy and can fly down the field with good size. I think he could put up Solomon Reed of 2016 numbers with throwing the ball. I think you are right about Boyd and that he should drop 15 to 20 pounds and still be a power RB.

Mekhi Lynn might be a high major D1 recruit at the QB position. He has decent accuracy and can fly down the field with good size. I think he could put up Solomon Reed of 2016 numbers with throwing the ball. I think you are right about Boyd and that he should drop 15 to 20 pounds and still be a power RB.
I agree. Lynn is a clear cut power conference guy. Hopefully next summer he gets to go to camps and showcase his ability. 6'3" with that athletic ability and accuracy is a desired commodity. There's a website that has him as the #37 QB in the 2022 class. May be a tad high, but doesn't seem too far off.

Keep in mind also, Princeton's played without Sereno Winn, a transfer DB from Walnut Hills committed to Eastern Illinois (transfer protocol?) and Leroy Bowers left the Sycamore game early with an injury. His impact on run support was missed.

Keep in mind also, Princeton's played without Sereno Winn, a transfer DB from Walnut Hills committed to Eastern Illinois (transfer protocol?) and Leroy Bowers left the Sycamore game early with an injury. His impact on run support was missed.
Winn played Wr listening to the game he had 2-3 catches first of the year , unless wrong uniform number was called

Colerain O no bueno

This makes nearly every game left this season a big question mark for the Cards, even with a fairly forgiving slate.

I would put their defense up there with just about any in the area. But as good as they are, if they give up a two possession lead that could be game over this year-just like what happened against West, as this offense is pretty woeful. Might have to go back to 1999 to find one this anemic?

The amount of rushing yards against Oak Hills was solid, but I wonder how many of that came late in the second half? I see that the fullback carried the load yardage wise. Did they just keep it vanilla knowing it would be enough to win?

The platoon system with Johnson and Prather is a bit confusing. Johnson has proven himself on the field and should have complete reigns. Do they spell him because they need him with gas in the tank at other positions? They both had 9 carries last game per GMC website.

This week's game should be very telling in terms of how the rest of the season may play out.

This makes nearly every game left this season a big question mark for the Cards, even with a fairly forgiving slate.

I would put their defense up there with just about any in the area. But as good as they are, if they give up a two possession lead that could be game over this year-just like what happened against West, as this offense is pretty woeful. Might have to go back to 1999 to find one this anemic?

The amount of rushing yards against Oak Hills was solid, but I wonder how many of that came late in the second half? I see that the fullback carried the load yardage wise. Did they just keep it vanilla knowing it would be enough to win?

The platoon system with Johnson and Prather is a bit confusing. Johnson has proven himself on the field and should have complete reigns. Do they spell him because they need him with gas in the tank at other positions? They both had 9 carries last game per GMC website.

This week's game should be very telling in terms of how the rest of the season may play out.

The offense is definitely a question mark right now.

Against Oak Hills they started Prather at QB and he played pretty much the whole game minus a series after a turnover where Freddie took over. Freddie's carries were pretty evenly split between QB and RB. It appears they really want to play Prather there and use Freddie at running back, receiver and corner.

They kept things pretty vanilla the whole game. There were a couple pass plays mixed in, but not many. The 29 yard catch by Myers was late in the game as well.

The last drive of the game they were pounding the ball with Flowers. He probably picked up around 60 or so of his yards for the game on that possession, including the 33 yarder.

It is so hard to gauge where they are after last week. This week's game will definitely be very telling.

Off topic, but I'm I the only one that feels $13.99 a month to watch games on Chatterbox is a little too steep. I really love what they do, and watched them a lot last basketball season. Just asking

Off topic, but I'm I the only one that feels $13.99 a month to watch games on Chatterbox is a little too steep. I really love what they do, and watched them a lot last basketball season. Just asking

I’d like it if it was cheaper, but I don’t think it’s too outrageous. If I went to a couple of games a month in person I would probably spend that much (likely more) by the time I bought tickets, hit up the snack bar etc.

I believe a cut of each subscription goes to your school of choice?

Does anyone know if you can go on and watch games afterwords on demand?

I've been paying $8 per ticket for a GMC game. A months worth of games is $32. For $13.99 / month you get up to 8 games per week to choose from. And the picture quality is excellent. I watched a school's stream last week and for a chunk of the game it looked like a bad acid trip.
And yes the games are available live and also remain out there to viewed later.
And no I have nothing to do with them other than thinking its a great service when most people cant attend games.

I've been paying $8 per ticket for a GMC game. A months worth of games is $32. For $13.99 / month you get up to 8 games per week to choose from. And the picture quality is excellent. I watched a school's stream last week and for a chunk of the game it looked like a bad acid trip.
And yes the games are available live and also remain out there to viewed later.
And no I have nothing to do with them other than thinking its a great service when most people cant attend games.

You must have been watching the Badin/Alter game lol

I've enjoyed having the ability to watch. I don't feel the price point is outrageous Especially sine I've usually had two chatterbox games streaming the first two weeks. It's not top notch but better than just refreshing twitter all night. I doubt they're getting rich off this.

It is actually a really good deal. You have access to any live game you want for 30 days for all schools. Think about that...it's actually a great value. And, as previously mentioned, games are available on demand afterwards.

And OUcats82 - yes, the participating schools get a cut of the revenue based on viewership time. Participating schools is the key. For example, tomorrow's game vs. Princeton will be revenue for Colerain only as Princeton is an ESP Media school. However, when the Cards and Oak Hills played last week, the two schools split any revenue that was generated.

Highly encourage everyone to join. Even if you only watch football, it's worth it. Plus, it helps get some $$$ back to the schools at a time when they desperately need it.

-CardinalsFan