2020 GMC Football

Who would win the GMC this year (If played this year)

• Colerain

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Fairfield

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Hamilton

• Lakota East

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Middletown

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Oak Hills

• Princeton

• Sycamore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
For those keeping score at home....Colerain is up 23-7 over Fairfield going towards the half, per WeAreColerain’s Twitter.

Not sure if there is any sort of unconventional scoring system or if it’s just a live game simulation.

Final Score Lakota West 28 St X 17. West went on 28-0 run after X hit a long TD pass early in the 3rd qtr to go up 17-0. On to the real thing next week for both teams.

For those keeping score at home....Colerain is up 23-7 over Fairfield going towards the half, per WeAreColerain’s Twitter.

Not sure if there is any sort of unconventional scoring system or if it’s just a live game simulation.
It was a live game situation for 2 quarters. That is all they played. Both JV and Freshman played beforehand. Of note, Colerain Freshman checked in at roughly 40 players! Seems the ever-expected demise of Colerain football is once again, greatly exaggerated.
Colerain was up 20-0 after the first quarter. Again...it’s a scrimmage so who knows who is playing and who isn’t for both teams. Clearly, Fairfield is trying to figure out what life is going to be like post JuTahn McClain.

For the Cards, the story of the night had to be that Tyler Prather was running the offense. Last year’s QB Freddie Johnson was playing RB/SLOT WR/DB/PR...he was everywhere. Defensively...wow! Teams are not going to score a lot on this Cardinal team. Dontae Corleone (UC commit) is a MASSIVE human being in the middle of the DLine. Also, having Michael Bess back is HUGE as he is a playmaker at the LB position. The secondary will miss Pace, no doubt, but there are some players back there that are going to open some eyes.
Should be a very interesting year of football.

Side note: Kinda funny that 2 other potential starting QBs in the GMC were in the Colerain system two years ago in Talon Fisher (Fairfield ‘24) and Mitch Bolden (West ‘23). GMC teams should be counting their blessings they are both not playing for Colerain going forward.
How about the other GMC teams last night? What happened? How did they look?
-CardinalsFan

It was a live game situation for 2 quarters. That is all they played. Both JV and Freshman played beforehand. Of note, Colerain Freshman checked in at roughly 40 players! Seems the ever-expected demise of Colerain football is once again, greatly exaggerated.
Colerain was up 20-0 after the first quarter. Again...it’s a scrimmage so who knows who is playing and who isn’t for both teams. Clearly, Fairfield is trying to figure out what life is going to be like post JuTahn McClain.

For the Cards, the story of the night had to be that Tyler Prather was running the offense. Last year’s QB Freddie Johnson was playing RB/SLOT WR/DB/PR...he was everywhere. Defensively...wow! Teams are not going to score a lot on this Cardinal team. Dontae Corleone (UC commit) is a MASSIVE human being in the middle of the DLine. Also, having Michael Bess back is HUGE as he is a playmaker at the LB position. The secondary will miss Pace, no doubt, but there are some players back there that are going to open some eyes.

Side note: Kinda funny that 2 other potential starting QBs in the GMC were in the Colerain system two years ago in Talon Fisher (Fairfield ‘24) and Mitch Bolden (West ‘23). GMC teams should be counting their blessings they are both not playing for Colerain going forward.
-CardinalsFan

How did the offensive line look? Heard they are all pretty small and obviously all new to the starting offense. All in all, just your opinion, is this Colerain team a real threat to win State or make a deep run?

How did the offensive line look? Heard they are all pretty small and obviously all new to the starting offense. All in all, just your opinion, is this Colerain team a real threat to win State or make a deep run?
Really hard to say anything conclusively without knowing who is playing and where.

That said, this was one of the better scrimmages Ive seen from Colerain in the last decade.

It also can't be stated enough how much of an impact Mike Bess brings to the defense. Last season, a lot of people speculated how Colerain would've fared against Elder and possibly beyond had JT not been injured in a car crash.....that in itself is an interesting thing to ponder. I think had Mike Bess not been injured, Colerain would've been very tough to beat. Hope Bess stays healthy this year

Really hard to say anything conclusively without knowing who is playing and where.

That said, this was one of the better scrimmages Ive seen from Colerain in the last decade.

It also can't be stated enough how much of an impact Mike Bess brings to the defense. Last season, a lot of people speculated how Colerain would've fared against Elder and possibly beyond had JT not been injured in a car crash.....that in itself is an interesting thing to ponder. I think had Mike Bess not been injured, Colerain would've been very tough to beat. Hope Bess stays healthy this year
Great insite! Did Fischer play qb for Fairfield last night?

-CardinalsFan
Once again, thanks for all the info CF!

Sycamore scrimmaged Elder last night and I was told they held their own. Elder apparently is rebuilding their offense but still has a big line. Sycamore was able to move the ball effectively as I don’t think Elder is very good on defense.

I think Sycamore should be pretty good this year, but the GMC is loaded. 4-2 would be a nice regular season based on the schedule. They should beat West Clermont, and I would expect wins against Lakota East and Princeton. Mason will be a toss up. Lakota West and Colerain will be challenges.

Great insite! Did Fischer play qb for Fairfield last night?
He did play QB last night. Interestingly, though, FF's only TD drive came when he was NOT in at QB. Not an indictment on him as he looked good for a Freshman. I dare say it might be the best defense he sees all season. Would be surprised if Krause actually starts a Freshman at QB, regardless of how bright his future is.

-CardinalsFan

I assume you mean NON-GMC schools, right? I mean, the GMC conference made the decision to move forward with conference only schedules. This mess is squarely on Middletown. They are the only school in the GMC teetering back and forth.

Colerain has them scheduled on 9/18. AT this point, there are NO schools in Ohio that have that date open, to my knowledge. If Middletown bails on their season, Colerain is going to get stuck with nobody to play that Friday...which sucks.

Middletown needs to make a decision QUICKLY!

-CardinalsFan
I would not trust the superintendent or school board to honor anything....OH already found another game Milford according to the enquirer...

I would not trust the superintendent or school board to honor anything....OH already found another game Milford according to the enquirer...
Middletown already has cancelled their first 2 games. The school board has another meeting set for 9/8 to see what they will do with fall sports from that point on. I think that is a Tuesday. I think some players are transferring. Josh Bryant, one of Middletowns top returning players has transferred to Middletown Christian to play for former Middletown coach Chris Wells. This is according to Josh's mom Facebook post.

Middletown already has cancelled their first 2 games. The school board has another meeting set for 9/8 to see what they will do with fall sports from that point on. I think that is a Tuesday. I think some players are transferring. Josh Bryant, one of Middletowns top returning players has transferred to Middletown Christian to play for former Middletown coach Chris Wells. This is according to Josh's mom Facebook post.

Middletown Christian is a club team so he likely didn't transfer, just won't be playing for Middletown. Sad, he has several DI offers the Middies won't be able to replace him. Just another in a long list of bad decisions made by powers that be in Middletown that have led to the demise of the entire athletic department. But at least they have great facilities to lose in.

Pick em or nah?

Princeton @ Hamilton
West @ Colerain
East @ Sycamore
Fairfield
@ Mason
Oak Hills @ Milford

These are all interesting games on paper. I even think Oak Hills has a fighting chance.

Middletown Christian is a club team so he likely didn't transfer, just won't be playing for Middletown. Sad, he has several DI offers the Middies won't be able to replace him. Just another in a long list of bad decisions made by powers that be in Middletown that have led to the demise of the entire athletic department. But at least they have great facilities to lose in.
Damn shame.

Pick em or nah?

Princeton @ Hamilton
West @ Colerain
East @ Sycamore
Fairfield
@ Mason
Oak Hills @ Milford

These are all interesting games on paper. I even think Oak Hills has a fighting chance.
Good call! Let's do it.

Princeton @ Hamilton
West @ Colerain
East @ Sycamore
Fairfield @ Mason
Oak Hills
@ Milford

Why not, right?

-CardinalsFan

Kings just announced that they’re playing Middletown week 3. They’d been looking for a game to replace Walnut Hills I believe.

Colerain only up 13-0 at halftime vs Oak Hills? Anyone have perspective?
The Princeton at Colerain game a toss up?

Colerain only up 13-0 at halftime vs Oak Hills? Anyone have perspective?
The Princeton at Colerain game a toss up?
Oak Hills showing improvement on D or Colerain’s O is worse than we thought? Maybe a little of both. Hard to get perspective when so few people get to see the games.

Oak Hills showing improvement on D or Colerain’s O is worse than we thought? Maybe a little of both. Hard to get perspective when so few people get to see the games.
It’s concerning that Colerain struggled on offense against Oak Hills. Oak Hills is not good. The Princeton game is going to be a good indication of where Colerain is at. Are they a regional contender? If so, they win by 2-3 scores. If it’s a close game, Colerain has joined the vast competitiveness of the middle of the GMC that also includes Princeton, Mason, Sycamore, Lakota East, Fairfield and Hamilton.