2020 GMC Football

Who would win the GMC this year (If played this year)

• Colerain

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Fairfield

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Hamilton

• Lakota East

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Middletown

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Oak Hills

• Princeton

• Sycamore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The families moving to Ross, Harrison, and the Eastside are hurting the program a lot more. It's not a lack of top-end talent that hurts Colerain, its the depth and lack of solid back-players. It's the 3rd through 6th OLineman, 3rd and 4th secondary players, that 2nd wingback who was capable of being an adequate threat.

And Bolden left for Money and a change in administration. He's was never easy for any administrator to deal with and the administration has been a bureaucratic mess for a while in NWLSD. Football was probably at least 3rd on his reasons for leaving.

They should merge Colerain and Northwest into one high school.

With Middletown closing down and GWOC going conference only, are there any rumors about GMC going conference only too?

With Middletown closing down and GWOC going conference only, are there any rumors about GMC going conference only too?

Whether or not they do, there wouldn't be anything stopping the GMC from readjusting the conference schedule so that there are eight games? A true GMC round robin.

This might not be the year for FF but the next couple years they may have a stud QB. The QB from Colerain Middle transferred to the FSD and he was an absolute stud that single handedly won the GMC middle titles. Now there have been many a middle schoolers who hit puberty early and whose dominance fell off in high school but he has the potential to be a stud.

Fairfield may be the beneficiary of his dad being let go from NWLSD but only time will tell.
I've heard that kid is something special. Sucks he's not going to Colerain.

Last edited:
Those last two post make a lot of sense. Speaking of 2nd wingbacks who could make an impact, I thought of Danny Magness on the 2004 state championship team when I read that.
What a backfield that was! Simpson, Sherrer, Magness and Lumpkin. Absolutely loaded.

What a backfield that was! Simpson, Sherrer, Magness and Lumpkin. Absolutely loaded.

The state runner up team a couple of years ago could have had a really dynamic backfield. The head coach was dead set on running the big man A LOT which was ok; they did finish in second place in the state.

Well, with the guidelines in place for a 6-week season, next week will be interesting. My guess is the GMC ADs will get together and decide what they want to do with the season. My guess is they cancel all OOC games in weeks 1 & 2 and go to a 6 game all-GMC schedule. No reason they can't move weeks 3-8 up to weeks 1-6.

Any issues with that? Any other ideas?

-CardinalsFan

Well, with the guidelines in place for a 6-week season, next week will be interesting. My guess is the GMC ADs will get together and decide what they want to do with the season. My guess is they cancel all OOC games in weeks 1 & 2 and go to a 6 game all-GMC schedule. No reason they can't move weeks 3-8 up to weeks 1-6.

Any issues with that? Any other ideas?

-CardinalsFan

First let me congratulate the GMC on getting all of it's members into the playoffs this year!

I think they could have played a full schedule but this plan at least ensures that the process is played out in the fall and that's what benefits the kids. I would hope this includes the band and cheerleaders in order to maximize the extracurricular benefit to as many kids as possible.

By "process" I'm referring to the structure and life lessons extracurricular activities provide high school age kids.

Assuming that Middletwon fields a team the GMC could break into 2 divisions of 5 teams each playing 4 division games, one cross over and then in the last week having a GMC "championship" game between the Division winners and then match up the rest of the league in order of where they finished. It wouldn't impact the playoffs playing a team twice.

This would make the season very interesting and challenging.

As for fans at the game I'm hoping they'll allow at least 50% with masking. Actually I would like to see full attendance but I know that's not realistic.

At minimum I would want to see the families of kids allowed to go (football & band). I would also think they could allow junior and senior students to attend. That would eliminate the middle school mosh pit at every game. Can you imagine how DeWine would react seeing the mosh pit in all it's glory?

Throw in coaches families and the local sports media and you should be able to manage social distancing. It would be in every districts advantage to at least have a pod cast of the game. Use the student AV club to run it (another valuable extracurricular activity).

Some really good ideas in there lotr10, but I would expect nothing less from you.

Love your idea of the schedule set up. You could geographically align the schools so they travel the shortest distance to get to their 5 seasonal games and then let the 1 "Championship" game just fall where it does.

As far as the fans go, well, that's a tougher call. I mean, do you turn people away without masks on? Or have masks available for folks at the gate if they want to come in? And what do you do with those that wear them in but then immediately take them off "to make a statement"? I think it's impossible to police mask-wearing. In which case, if you generally don't want to create a "super-spreader" type event...you just have to say no fans in the stands.

I am interested to see how school handle the recent changes to the broadcast guidelines. Obviously at WeAreColerain.com, we are going to try and broadcast every game anyway, but what if we are told we can't do that on the road this year? Will home schools have an option for our fans to see the games?

-CardinalsFan

Some really good ideas in there lotr10, but I would expect nothing less from you.

Love your idea of the schedule set up. You could geographically align the schools so they travel the shortest distance to get to their 5 seasonal games and then let the 1 "Championship" game just fall where it does.

As far as the fans go, well, that's a tougher call. I mean, do you turn people away without masks on? Or have masks available for folks at the gate if they want to come in? And what do you do with those that wear them in but then immediately take them off "to make a statement"? I think it's impossible to police mask-wearing. In which case, if you generally don't want to create a "super-spreader" type event...you just have to say no fans in the stands.

I am interested to see how school handle the recent changes to the broadcast guidelines. Obviously at WeAreColerain.com, we are going to try and broadcast every game anyway, but what if we are told we can't do that on the road this year? Will home schools have an option for our fans to see the games?

-CardinalsFan
The schools don't even know what they will do with students that take their masks off. They sure can't police mask wearing at football games.

-CardinalsFan

If I had my way I would allow full attendance and not require masking. To me attending a football game is not essential and those at risk of the covid should not attend and stay home. We know who is and who isn't at risk. The fact is that as a guy in his early 60's the risk from driving to Centerville in week 1 to watch FF & CV play likely represented a higher risk to me then the covid.

This is where I philosophically differ from how the powers that be have chosen to fight the covid outbreak. Given who the virus targets the focus should be on isolating & protecting those at most risk. Instead they have tried to isolate our entire population & society to reduce the spread of the infection.

Seems to me that they choose the hardest way to fight a virus that is not a lethal killer for the general pubic. And in trying to enforce rules on the entire healthy population they have dropped the ball in protecting the most vulnerable folks in nursing homes. That half of all covid deaths in America have been in nursing homes seems like a powerful indictment of the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the approach they took.

If I had my way I would allow full attendance and not require masking. To me attending a football game is not essential and those at risk of the covid should not attend and stay home. We know who is and who isn't at risk. The fact is that as a guy in his early 60's the risk from driving to Centerville in week 1 to watch FF & CV play likely represented a higher risk to me then the covid.

This is where I philosophically differ from how the powers that be have chosen to fight the covid outbreak. Given who the virus targets the focus should be on isolating & protecting those at most risk. Instead they have tried to isolate our entire population & society to reduce the spread of the infection.

Seems to me that they choose the hardest way to fight a virus that is not a lethal killer for the general pubic. And in trying to enforce rules on the entire healthy population they have dropped the ball in protecting the most vulnerable folks in nursing homes. That half of all covid deaths in America have been in nursing homes seems like a powerful indictment of the effectiveness, or lack thereof, of the approach they took.
Yeah...I fundamentally disagree with almost everything you say here. Won't get into it on this thread. You are entitled to your opinion, no doubt.

Added to the confusion is the news this morning that the majority of Power5 college football schools are in favor of cancelling (uh oh, there's that word again! ;-) the fall football season. If that happens...does OHSAA just shut down or do they move forward with even more gusto claiming falsely that "the kids need sports!" We'll see.

-CardinalsFan

Yeah...I fundamentally disagree with almost everything you say here. Won't get into it on this thread. You are entitled to your opinion, no doubt.

Added to the confusion is the news this morning that the majority of Power5 college football schools are in favor of cancelling (uh oh, there's that word again! ;-) the fall football season. If that happens...does OHSAA just shut down or do they move forward with even more gusto claiming falsely that "the kids need sports!" We'll see.

-CardinalsFan

Agreeing to disagree is what makes America great.

College football should delay rather then cancel the season. A lot can change with respect to covid between now and Labor Day. Look at Arizona, covid cases & hospitalizations are dropping fast and Texas & Florida may be on the cusp of equally significant declines.

I also agree with what Rocky & Willie were saying today that the safest place for college football players is on their teams playing games.

Florida reporting record hospitalizations

I don't see full stadiums happening anytime soon. With the testing mess we have right now we might see a full season. By the time someone gets a test back the season might be over. .

It will be interesting to see the schedules. Will we see the Bolden-Colerain match in an empty stadium?

Big GMC gathering of minds tomorrow. Hope to see a decision on the revised schedules by end of week.

Stay tuned....

-CardinalsFan

BREAKING NEWS:

The Greater Miami Conference has decided to join the ranks of other conferences in the state and move to a LEAGUE ONLY schedule in light of the OHSAA plans to limit the season to 6 regular season games.

In order to do this, the league will move the games originally scheduled for weeks 3-8 to weeks 1-6. This will eliminate both non-conference games for all GMC teams as well as the games they originally had scheduled in weeks 9 and 10.

Thoughts?

-CardinalsFan

BREAKING NEWS:

The Greater Miami Conference has decided to join the ranks of other conferences in the state and move to a LEAGUE ONLY schedule in light of the OHSAA plans to limit the season to 6 regular season games.

In order to do this, the league will move the games originally scheduled for weeks 3-8 to weeks 1-6. This will eliminate both non-conference games for all GMC teams as well as the games they originally had scheduled in weeks 9 and 10.

Thoughts?

-CardinalsFan

I would love to see them break it into two divisions - East & West - and schedule accordingly. This could add an element of interest to the battle to win the conference title.

I guess we now await the decision on fans. Everyone knows I favor a complete reopening with as many fans as you can sell tickets to. But that has about as much chance of happening as someone not named Colerain winning the GMC.

My hope is that at minimum they activate the bands (a lot of kids benefit from this) and allow parents/siblings of players & band members into the games. Also junior & senior students would be allowed.

Maybe restrict visiting teams to only the parents of players with no visiting students. Bands would not travel to away games just play at home games.

BREAKING NEWS:

Thoughts?

-CardinalsFan
Well unless there is a further adjustment there will be no West at East game as they were scheduled to play in week nine. Also what happens with Middletown ops not to play? That means one less game for everyone but West who was not scheduled to play the Middies this year. That would've been the foundation game prior to week one. Will just have to see how it does or doesn't play out.

Well unless there is a further adjustment there will be no West at East game as they were scheduled to play in week nine. Also what happens with Middletown ops not to play? That means one less game for everyone but West who was not scheduled to play the Middies this year. That would've been the foundation game prior to week one. Will just have to see how it does or doesn't play out.
I really think Middletown is going to play. I have no idea why they put things on "pause" the way they have. If you haven't cancelled by now, you aren't going to. Plus, I am sure there is pressure from the other 9 schools to play out the season as missing just one school throws everything in a mess when you are "conference only" for football.

-CardinalsFan

I really think Middletown is going to play. I have no idea why they put things on "pause" the way they have. If you haven't cancelled by now, you aren't going to. Plus, I am sure there is pressure from the other 9 schools to play out the season as missing just one school throws everything in a mess when you are "conference only" for football.

-CardinalsFan
Everyone gets in the playoffs so why does it matter what Middletown does?

Everyone gets in the playoffs so why does it matter what Middletown does?

Strictly from a scheduling standpoint, with a conference only schedule and only nine teams there will be an odd man out every week. Can't play a conference only schedule with an odd number of teams and everybody play every week.