2020 GMC Football

Who would win the GMC this year (If played this year)

• Colerain

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Fairfield

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Hamilton

• Lakota East

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lakota West

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Mason

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Middletown

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Oak Hills

• Princeton

• Sycamore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vike16

I hope everyone is doing okay in these crazy times. Just wanted to see how everyone felt about this season, and who are the contenders and the pretenders.

Should we have a season Y or N

Poll
- Who would win the GMC this season

Thread - Please put how you think the final standings will look like

Thank you

My final rankings if played this year

1. Colerain
2. Lakota West
3. Fairfield
4. Princeton
5. Mason
6. Sycamore
7. Lakota East
8. Hamilton
9. Middletown

10. Oak Hills

I think FF has reached the point where they'll be a tough out for anyone every year. They should win 6 - 8 games this year and have a solid shot to make the playoffs.

My final rankings if played this year

1. Colerain
2. Lakota West
3. Fairfield
4. Princeton
5. Mason
6. Sycamore
7. Lakota East
8. Hamilton
9. Middletown

10. Oak Hills
Does LW have the mentality to come in second? I think that I might go with Fairfield in second.

I think FF has reached the point where they'll be a tough out for anyone every year. They should win 6 - 8 games this year and have a solid shot to make the playoffs.
Feel like we have said this about FF for years. I remember the Carty years (really really class act btw) and was in HS for the Grippa years. No reason FF can't compete each season.

I know Fairfield has some guys ... the question is ... who will be the QB?

This might not be the year for FF but the next couple years they may have a stud QB. The QB from Colerain Middle transferred to the FSD and he was an absolute stud that single handedly won the GMC middle titles. Now there have been many a middle schoolers who hit puberty early and whose dominance fell off in high school but he has the potential to be a stud.

Fairfield may be the beneficiary of his dad being let go from NWLSD but only time will tell.

The football playoffs have expanded again. The GMC will probably have 6-7 teams make it. Big yawn.

In other GMC news, Oak Hills is off to a great start and in 8th place! Wait, being told these standing are just alphabetical order. Sorry.

I do think this is the last season for Colerain to win the GMC. LW and Mason will be the front runners starting next season

I think what will finally catch-up to Colerain is their ancient high school. If you are moving to Cincinnati and want to play football for a big public school, Colerain has to be low on the list.

I do think this is the last season for Colerain to win the GMC. LW and Mason will be the front runners starting next season

As soon as they win all of the big games towards the end of October I will believe it. Not getting out coached and avoiding/overcoming injuries is a challenge.

#1-LWest
#2-Colerain
#3-Princeton
#4-Fairfield
#5-Mason
#6-Sycamore
#7-Middletown
#8-LEast
#9-Hamilton
#10-vacant

I feel like I've read this the last 5 seasons or so. Aren't their Freshman team's usually weak?
Yes they are because Colerain understands how to run a program. They develop players and don't care about winking freshmen and JV games. More than 25 kids see significant playing time at those levels for Colerain. They do a great job in building their guys up. Most schools just roll about 12 kids on each side of the ball from freshmen on up and then when someone gets hurt, the coaches and players going in don't have a clue what to do. Nobody cares about freshman or JV champs, play as many kids as possible, I promise you, there will be more than a few kids that develop late and surprise the hell out of you.

LaSalle and Winton Woods are taking kids away from Colerain. I would bet anything Bolden saw this coming which is why he was looking for a new gig because LW wasn't the only school he was talking to

LaSalle and Winton Woods are taking kids away from Colerain. I would bet anything Bolden saw this coming which is why he was looking for a new gig because LW wasn't the only school he was talking to
Bolden is making a ton more money at LW, that is why left and good for him...Colerain was never going to match it.

Yes they are because Colerain understands how to run a program. They develop players and don't care about winking freshmen and JV games. More than 25 kids see significant playing time at those levels for Colerain. They do a great job in building their guys up. Most schools just roll about 12 kids on each side of the ball from freshmen on up and then when someone gets hurt, the coaches and players going in don't have a clue what to do. Nobody cares about freshman or JV champs, play as many kids as possible, I promise you, there will be more than a few kids that develop late and surprise the hell out of you.

The JV and Freshmen at Colerain has been pretty weak since the day of 150+ in the program are gone and those days aren't coming back. The numbers simply aren't there for any talent to stick at the lower levels. In 2005 we had a freshmen team of about 45-55 and a Varsity of 120+. Today, you have about 25 to 35 on the freshmen team and about 75 on varsity. There is no separate JV, it's simply the Varsity backups. There is no JV practices, they simply stick around after Varsity practice for less than an hour about twice a week to run their own playbooks.

Some day Colerain Football will fall at some time but it will because of the school and area dying. Football will just be the last indicator.

The families moving to Ross, Harrison, and the Eastside are hurting the program a lot more. It's not a lack of top-end talent that hurts Colerain, its the depth and lack of solid back-players. It's the 3rd through 6th OLineman, 3rd and 4th secondary players, that 2nd wingback who was capable of being an adequate threat.

And Bolden left for Money and a change in administration. He's was never easy for any administrator to deal with and the administration has been a bureaucratic mess for a while in NWLSD. Football was probably at least 3rd on his reasons for leaving.

Those last two post make a lot of sense. Speaking of 2nd wingbacks who could make an impact, I thought of Danny Magness on the 2004 state championship team when I read that.

The families moving to Ross, Harrison, and the Eastside are hurting the program a lot more. It's not a lack of top-end talent that hurts Colerain, its the depth and lack of solid back-players. It's the 3rd through 6th OLineman, 3rd and 4th secondary players, that 2nd wingback who was capable of being an adequate threat.

And Bolden left for Money and a change in administration. He's was never easy for any administrator to deal with and the administration has been a bureaucratic mess for a while in NWLSD. Football was probably at least 3rd on his reasons for leaving.
I'd say it was $100,000 reasons and his son can be a passing QB!!

There is a pattern developing.

Tommy is going to have plenty of TALENT at West and his son will take the leap to the next level in leading the team this season. Write it down! Cards vs West will be an EPIC clash!

Tommy is going to have plenty of TALENT at West and his son will take the leap to the next level in leading the team this season. Write it down! Cards vs West will be an EPIC clash!
I can’t wait. West is lucky that they play early in the season.