2020 Flyin to the Hoop Schedule

krs1

The Springfield game would be fun to watch since Moss is now at Spire. He's a great kid, I might have to go to this one.

Just curious why an all Ohio matchup on Monday? Noticed three teams from Arizona are coming in this year; nobody from Texas, NY, or FL. Nice to see Fairmont not playing on the opening night. I know they will be the worst team in FFTH this year, but they also host the event so they deserve to be in it.

Why doesn't Moeller ever play in this?
What would they get out of it? It's a showcase to make money, not about quality. Most top prep schools don't attend. Glorified AAU tournament that includes high school teams but the optics are great!

What would they get out of it? It's a showcase to make money, not about quality. Most top prep schools don't attend. Glorified AAU tournament that includes high school teams but the optics are great!
"Most top prep schools don't attend" . . . Really?? ... last years Geico National Champion (IMG) played in FTTP.

Moeller is always looking for games... why not play someone in FTTH? I would venture to guess that the level of play in FTTH is much better than 90% of high school games played in Ohio.

Moeller should play in this tournament. They are more like the academy teams than they are like normal Ohio high school teams. Their kids deserve it.

This is really turning into one of the premier tournaments, not only in Ohio, but regionally, as well. The talent they draw year after year, especially from out of state, is truly impressive. It's great show case for Ohio high school basketball.

This tournament is so gender-biased. Every year they stick some token girls game in the morning on Saturday SMH

Last edited by a moderator:
This tournament is so gender-biased. Every year they stick some token beaver ball girls game in the morning on Saturday SMH

Can't tell if you're serious or not.

It's probably because it's meant to be a boys basketball showcase, not a girls showcase, but they did add a girls game (or two) a few years ago. Similarly, the annual Classic in the Country is meant to be a girls basketball showcase, not a boys showcase. How many boys games are played at the Classic in the Country? None? Gender bias?

For the Spire Academy vs Springfield game, I do see from the Spire schedule that it is their post grad team that is scheduled in this game. Does OHSAA allow teams to play schools with post grad players? I know this has likely come up before in the Flyin-to-the-Hoop, but I have not really paid much attention to it. Thanks.

For the Spire Academy vs Springfield game, I do see from the Spire schedule that it is their post grad team that is scheduled in this game. Does OHSAA allow teams to play schools with post grad players? I know this has likely come up before in the Flyin-to-the-Hoop, but I have not really paid much attention to it. Thanks.
yes, the ohsaa does not have a regulation against who their affiliated schools schedule