Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 14 12.7%

• Total voters
As of today (will probably change once the practices and scrimmages begin) here is my best guess as to how the teams will stack up

McKinley 5-1 8-2
Hoover 4-2 7-3
Perry 4-2 7-3
Lake 3-3 7-3
Jackson 2-4 5-5
Green 2-4 4-6
GlenOak 1-5 2-8
So you are saying out of 28 OOC games the Fed is only going to lose 9 games? Not seeing it, more like 50% if they are lucky.

I would say McKinley is the odds on favorite to win the league. 8-2

Hoover will be in the mix I would think, having a solid QB back won't hurt their chances. I just think they will lose one they shouldn't and just miss the playoffs at 6-4

Lake... Not sure here, I feel like they get rolling then run into the Fed schedule and sputter out. They are due to push for the league with what they have back this year. 7-3

Perry... its Perry they will hang in there with everyone and be a difficult game each week. 5-5

Green... this team I do not know much about... didn't play great defense last year IMO. I think they will slug it out with GlenOak to stay out of the basement. 3-7

GlenOak... gunna take time, hearing they are working to rebuild the culture and having this time off because of covid might have set that back some. Balderson teams will put up points, but they have not been known for defense. I think they are two years out from really being in the mix. 2-8

Jackson- Don't count these guys out of anything, I feel like we should know this about Jackson in the Budd era. They have a nice QB back as well and according to that article someone posted, 109 kids at the first day of training after the Covid layoff. I see them in there at 7-3

So you are saying out of 28 OOC games the Fed is only going to lose 9 games? Not seeing it, more like 50% if they are lucky.
Federal League Non-Conference Records

2015 18-10
2016 17-11
2017 16-12
2018 16-12
2019 17-11

So my prediction isn't very far off from what has been typical of the league for the last five years.

Where am I ? - what happened in last 4 months??

hope all well... lets get the summer practice Bands started.... it’s that time right?
Then.... we play some football ??

Last year as a sophomore Powell was a beast at RB.He had the size,speed,and power to be all-county.

He would have started on most teams in the county.There will be little drop off from last years RB.

McKinley had the best RB in the State last year or Powell would have run wild.
Now now

My biggest question about all of the league teams.

McKinley- Will this be the year they finally beat Massillon?
Perry- They start league play with McK, Jackson, Hoover. Can they get off to a fast start, or will they struggle early on?
Jackson- How much of a drop-off will there be after losing a strong senior class, and who fills the roles of Ryan and Adkins?
Hoover- Will they be able to shore up there defense? If yes, possible league title. If no, likely 5-5 again.
Lake- Can they finally take the next step after going 6-4 4 out of the last 5 years?
Green- Will VanHorn have a break-out year at QB? If he does, this offense should be scary.
GlenOak- How much will the lines improve on both sides of the ball? That has been the main thing holding them back the last 2 years IMO

Remember the names Trey Martin and CJ Dawson for Green. Both will be juniors and both have the skills to be all-league guys.

It sounds like McKinley will be the Top Dog this year (no pun intended)

But I think Hoover will give them a run for their money. They have one of the Top QBs in the State Ashby and one of the best WR Henne. I saw the schedule, Hoover only plays 3 away games and the only non league team that should give them trouble is Avon Lake, but they play that game at Home.

But a big problem Hoover will have is depth. Not a lot of body's and a soph backup QB. But it does sound like Hoover is going to play some guys both ways. I've heard, but it's still early, that Hoover won't have a frosh team. Last year the 8th grade only had 13-14 players. One of this year's 8th grade parents told me they hadn't heard anything yet about this year's 8th grade team. But it's still way early for that especially with all the Covid stuff going on.
I do think this is Hoover's best chance to make the playoffs at least for the next few years. Stay safe.
Also do you think fans will be allowed to go to games?

McKinley - Will most likely win the league.
Hoover - Has some talent coming back from last year. Offensively they should be solid at the QB and receiver positions ( not sure who the returning receiver’s are outside of Henne). RB position is a big question mark. I believe the OL should be solid. As stated above can the defense improve from last year.
l believe the rest of the league teams along with Hoover will battle it out to fill the remaining spots below MCK.

These are interesting times and I hope that all seniors get to play in every game. Hopefully we will have a season. Best of luck to all FED teams.

It sounds like McKinley will be the Top Dog this year (no pun intended)

But I think Hoover will give them a run for their money. They have one of the Top QBs in the State Ashby and one of the best WR Henne. I saw the schedule, Hoover only plays 3 away games and the only non league team that should give them trouble is Avon Lake, but they play that game at Home.

But a big problem Hoover will have is depth. Not a lot of body's and a soph backup QB. But it does sound like Hoover is going to play some guys both ways. I've heard, but it's still early, that Hoover won't have a frosh team. Last year the 8th grade only had 13-14 players. One of this year's 8th grade parents told me they hadn't heard anything yet about this year's 8th grade team. But it's still way early for that especially with all the Covid stuff going on.
I do think this is Hoover's best chance to make the playoffs at least for the next few years. Stay safe.
Also do you think fans will be allowed to go to games?
They had better let fans attend the games, first time I'm turned away that will be it for me for the season

Seriously?
It’s about the kids not the fans.

Get what you're saying but you will need a better answer than that, if or when. Public high schools and sports programs are not private entities, they serve and are funded by the community.

Personally I think that would be the less difficult piece to solve. If schools are open and football gets approved, I am confident they'll figure out a way to accommodate most fans, even with some social distance and mask guidelines. Maybe not all, depending on demand and opponent, but for the most part. I'm guessing reserve seating only (spaced) and no GA.

Other than that I agree I would rather watch live stream or listen on the radio than cancel the season - no doubt.

Massillon has more fans watching the game from the North tailgate lot than most schools get in their home stands. ??Most are season ticket holders.

Get what you're saying but you will need a better answer than that, if or when. Public high schools and sports programs are not private entities, they serve and are funded by the community.

Personally I think that would be the less difficult piece to solve. If schools are open and football gets approved, I am confident they'll figure out a way to accommodate most fans, even with some social distance and mask guidelines. Maybe not all, depending on demand and opponent, but for the most part. I'm guessing reserve seating only (spaced) and no GA.

Other than that I agree I would rather watch live stream or listen on the radio than cancel the season - no doubt.
I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t let fans into games, I just think it’s selfish to stomp your feet and pout if they don’t let fans into game.

My only concern is if they have no fans... and you a go a season without them, will it hurt future attendance?

Here is why I say that, I love the Cleveland Indians, however, I haven't even really noticed not having baseball so far. Same with the NBA.

I wonder if missing out on or losing most of a season drives away more casual fans that may take longer to get back.

Just a thought. (now cue angry mobs of people for even posting the thought of no season or no fans.)