Federal League
Canton McKinley Bulldogs
GlenOak Eagles
Green Bulldogs
Hoover Vikings
Jackson Polar Bears
Lake Blue Streaks
Perry Panthers

League won’t be as strong as 2019 imo. McK and Perry lose great senior classes. Jackson will have to do a total rebuild. I bet 2 out of the 3 miss the playoffs. Leaves the door open for Hoover & Lake. If Hoover’s defense improves they should be the favorite. Green was very young and should get a few more wins in 2020. Glenoak will struggle.

McK brings a lot of talent back from last year an could run the table , with the size they bring back most of the line will be Jr class with a full season under there belt , good hands @ the skilled Poisson, may move Powell to RB an Def End

The Panthers will return a nice core of players from this past years playoff team. QB Hayden Vinas, his brother Dominic at LB/RB, Devonte Armstrong DB/WB, Jovoni Lapanja DB/WR, Cayman Williams OLB, Cam Hall DB/RB, Cam Gill RB/DB, Kenny Anderson LB, Joshua Lemon RB/LB, Logan Shephard LB/TE, Anthony Jones DL/OL, Dylan Smith OL/DL, Anthony Brumbaugh OL/DL.
Others To watch: Luke Laubacher QB/DB, Cam Nickson DL/RB and Vinny Hildebrand OL/DL.
Incoming sophomores to watch: DeAndre Church RB/LB, JaQuae Pearson OL/DL, Briar Recktenwalt DL/OL

To early for me to make predictions, but I feel they’ll be in the hunt for the FLC. Hopefully the season starts and then I can give a better outlook once I see the scrimmages.

Last year, I listed Jackson as my dark horse, but this coming year, I think the FED will be closely bunched. My early season feel is that McKinley will win the league, I also think Hoover will be a playoff team. The school that has me stymied is Glenoak, they have way too big of a student draw to be this bad. Perry will be strong like usual, and Lake always gives you a game. Green has played youth the past few years, they might rise up in the standings this coming season.

McK brings a lot of talent back from last year an could run the table , with the size they bring back most of the line will be Jr class with a full season under there belt , good hands @ the skilled Poisson, may move Powell to RB an Def End

Last year as a sophomore Powell was a beast at RB.He had the size,speed,and power to be all-county.

He would have started on most teams in the county.There will be little drop off from last years RB.

McKinley had the best RB in the State last year or Powell would have run wild.

Federal League
Canton McKinley Bulldogs
GlenOak Eagles
Green Bulldogs
Hoover Vikings
Jackson Polar Bears
Lake Blue Streaks
Perry Panthers

Wow Yappi himself, making an appearance on Stark County hs football, how cool is that? Is this one supposed to be different than the others? Just curious. Maybe we can convince you to start another one. Or not, just an idea.

Btw agreed CantonKid. I'll have to see his speed first but Powell may have the higher ceiling. Strength-wise the kid is freak, and pretty much excels at every sport he partakes in from track, wrestling, to football (state honors on D as a soph). Can't wait to see what he does at RB - I don't think you'll miss a beat in the backfield w/ Wesley coming back too.

Repeat FL champs, as usual.

The thought process from that town is inherently flawed, facts don't matter.

They won or shared the last 3 and next year I believe will again. Not that there couldn't a co-champ again but they are by far the safest bet. Jmo but feel free to disagree. Have to give Perry their due also with their 3 in that recent stretch from 15-17.

As for historically, it was posted earlier a commanding 15 game lead in W-L record over closest competition, and won or shared > half the league titles since joining. I expect it to only continue, as usual. Ditto vs. Jackson but that goes w/out saying.

They won or shared the last 3 and next year I believe will again. Not that there couldn't a co-champ again but they are by far the safest bet. Jmo but feel free to disagree. Have to give Perry their due also with their 3 in that recent stretch from 15-17.

As for historically, it was posted earlier a commanding 15 game lead in W-L record over closest competition, and won or shared > half the league titles since joining. I expect it to only continue, as usual. Ditto vs. Jackson but that goes w/out saying.
That's better reasoning. Winning or sharing half the league titles while impressive is a little different than FL champs as usual. And yes Mck has Jackson's number in football.

Last edited:
What are the expectations for Lake? I know they had high hopes for last year. They've gone 6-4 four out of the last five years. Will they turn the corner in 2020? Who's coming back for the Blue Streaks?

What are the expectations for Lake? I know they had high hopes for last year. They've gone 6-4 four out of the last five years. Will they turn the corner in 2020? Who's coming back for the Blue Streaks?
Expectations this year in Lake are high. They return an abundance of guys. Last years team was made up of a ton of juniors and some sophomores. They lose a few guys in the trenches, but that’s really about it if I’m not mistaken. Anything less than 7-3 would be a disappointment.

FED has some outstanding OOC games schedule for this year, including games against:

Warren Harding, Homewood-Flossmoor, Akron East, Garfield Heights, Brecksville, Avon Lake, Cleveland Heights, Boardman, Mayfield, Medina and Fitch

Louisville is like an associated member since everyone in the league plays them this coming year with the exception of Jackson and MCK

WAR LASALLE

I will always root for McKinley and I do think, if we have football this year they will win it.
I also hope that GlenOak can get things going.

Expectations this year in Lake are high. They return an abundance of guys. Last years team was made up of a ton of juniors and some sophomores. They lose a few guys in the trenches, but that’s really about it if I’m not mistaken. Anything less than 7-3 would be a disappointment.

Agreed. However, not sure how depth plays out this year. Garro was a stud running back behind Owens. And they lost 3 contributing WRs to graduation. Also, I think the losses in the trenches will be felt IMO. I know they have some bigs coming up, as you stated.

As of today (will probably change once the practices and scrimmages begin) here is my best guess as to how the teams will stack up

McKinley 5-1 8-2
Hoover 4-2 7-3
Perry 4-2 7-3
Lake 3-3 7-3
Jackson 2-4 5-5
Green 2-4 4-6
GlenOak 1-5 2-8

How many years has McKinley won the Federal League including years they shared the title?

Anyone know?

Federal League / McKinley joined in 2003 did not start football conference
play until 2004. (Fitch & Boardman also joined in 2003)

Champions since McK joined
2004 Austintown-Fitch
2005 Canton McKinley
2006 Canton McKinley
2007 Hoover
2008 Hoover
2009 GlenOak
2010 Austintown-Fitch (Fitch leaves FL in 2011)
2011 Canton McKinley, GlenOak, Boardman (leaves FL in 2013)
2012 Canton McKinley
2013 Canton McKinley
2014 GlenOak
2015 Perry, GlenOak
2016 Perry
2017 Perry, McKinley, Jackson
2018 Hoover, McKinley
2019 Canton McKinley

McK FL Champions (outright) = 5
McK FL Champions (shared) = 3
16 years 8 titles

Special Thanks to DaveDawg (Just the Facts)
:>---

SALT

we will play football an be using the new spread, spread offence, line men will be 6ft apart backs will be 10ft from the line