Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Jackson Polar Bears

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Lake Blue Streaks

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Perry Panthers

Votes: 14 12.7%

• Total voters
Are there any GlenOak posters who can inform us on how things are going for the Golden Eagles?
Not a GO fan but have friends close to the program and they tell me pretty much the same scenario as last year 1-9, 2-8 and they don't see things getting any better any time soon

If there is any football this fall it will be a big surprise , one player tested positive on Dover's foot ball team there shut down for two weeks, this is a joke testing positive an no symptoms that player should sit for the two weeks an who knows how many of us have the dam thing an don't have any problems, this will be around us for ever, like the flu does that mean we have to hide forever so as hopeful that I want to be . if there going to play this game with us no sports at all this is a big scare tactic around an election , look around you people they have been trying to get rid of football for awhile

Football is a go.
From the Canton Rep. Posted today at 11:03 AM
“The Ohio Athletic Conference announced Thursday that competition in football, soccer and volleyball will be league only this fall. Cross country, golf and tennis will be permitted outside competition.
The start of the fall season in all sports will be delayed until Sept. 19 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
“The health and safety of our student-athletes is of utmost concern as well as the campuses and communities they are in,” OAC Commissioner Tim Gleason said in a statement. “We believe we have reached a great balance of health and safety while at the same time providing a vibrant sports schedule for the student-athletes.”

Football is a go.
“The Ohio Athletic Conference announced Thursday that competition in football, soccer and volleyball will be league only this fall. Cross country, golf and tennis will be permitted outside competition.
The start of the fall season in all sports will be delayed until Sept. 19 because of the coronavirus pandemic.
“The health and safety of our student-athletes is of utmost concern as well as the campuses and communities they are in,” OAC Commissioner Tim Gleason said in a statement. “We believe we have reached a great balance of health and safety while at the same time providing a vibrant sports schedule for the student-athletes.”
That would be something if the OHSAA announces that. :giggle:

Football is a go.
?? Let’s hope high schools can follow suit!

If it's league-only, does that mean no McKinley-Massillon game. What about independents like St. Edward, St Ignatius etc. do they get to have a season at all? Or can they only play other independent teams?

If it's league-only, does that mean no McKinley-Massillon game. What about independents like St. Edward, St Ignatius etc. do they get to have a season at all? Or can they only play other independent teams?
It’s the OAC with Mt. Union, we’re still waiting on high school news.

Who will be the surprise team in the Federal League in 2020? Last year it was Jackson and 2018 it was Hoover. My guess is the Lake Blue Streaks, who I believe have a very good shot to win 7 or 8 games and return to the playoffs.

I’m not saying they should or shouldn’t let fans into games, I just think it’s selfish to stomp your feet and pout if they don’t let fans into game.

If they are playing it will be in front of fans. Refunding season ticket money would be a major hardship on the athletic program.

Who will be the surprise team in the Federal League in 2020? Last year it was Jackson and 2018 it was Hoover. My guess is the Lake Blue Streaks, who I believe have a very good shot to win 7 or 8 games and return to the playoffs.
People been saying this about lake the last 3 years..I’ll believe it when I see it

Here is this decade to date for Bulldog football

Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 2.21.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 2.21.06 PM.png

I saw the NEO Sports Top 25 poll and McKinley and Perry were ranked, while Hoover was an honorable mention. I'm a little surprised Hoover was mentioned but Jackson wasn't, since Jackson beat them last year and had 8 wins. Overall, the rankings were pretty fair.

I saw the NEO Sports Top 25 poll and McKinley and Perry were ranked, while Hoover was an honorable mention. I'm a little surprised Hoover was mentioned but Jackson wasn't, since Jackson beat them last year and had 8 wins. Overall, the rankings were pretty fair.

The team that was mentioned was the Perry Pirates, not Massillon Perry from the Federal League.

Hoover has their first 7 on 7 tomorrow (7/21/2020) against Galion at Hoover. I am not sure what Hoover has returning beside their QB from last year. Hoover lost some key position players due to graduation. Can Baum turn the corner this year or will it be the same as the past?
Just got word that due to the covid19 testing requirements the 7 on 7 is cancel for tomorrow.

Last edited:
If 2020 football goes away what might a 2021 McKinley football schedule look like?
Two Massillon games?
at PBTS week 2
at TBHoF week 10
It’s what took place in 1963 after McKinley was banned from playing in 1962 by the OHSAA for recruiting.

If 2020 football goes away what might a 2021 McKinley football schedule look like?
Two Massillon games?
at PBTS week 2
at TBHoF week 10
It’s what took place in 1963 after McKinley was banned from playing in 1962 by the OHSAA for recruiting.
If they split theyd each get Harbin points even in a loss...clever.

FridayNightOhio posted some articles recently about Jackson, Perry and McKinley:

Haven't seen any news from the other four schools

North Royalton is scheduled to host Perry in game 3. NR has canceled all Fall sports. Any information concerning if the Panthers will have a replacement opponent.

I'm going to guess with the 6 game only schedule that the fed will just play each other? No McKinley vs Massillon game this year?

I'm going to guess with the 6 game only schedule that the fed will just play each other? No McKinley vs Massillon game this year?
Saw a tweet from Rep. reporter Josh Weir that the Fed ADs will hold an emergency meeting on Monday to figure out a schedule. Lake AD Joe Bogdan told Weir the league will work around the Massillon-McKinley game in creating a league schedule.