2020 ECC (Eastern Cincinnati Conference) Thread

Manmythlegeng66

Big changes coming to the ECC this year! Withrow leaving. Perennial Power Winton Woods finally gets the nod. As well as Up and Coming Little Miami (last 3 years 7-3, 9-3, 8-3 and 2 playoff appearances), and Lebanon hard nosed and hard hitting GWOC team come out to play. This could be a very good conference. Besides WW being heavily favored what are your thoughts on the new guys and the rest of the conference?

Big changes coming to the ECC this year! Withrow leaving. Perennial Power Winton Woods finally gets the nod. As well as Up and Coming Little Miami (last 3 years 7-3, 9-3, 8-3 and 2 playoff appearances), and Lebanon hard nosed and hard hitting GWOC team come out to play. This could be a very good conference. Besides WW being heavily favored what are your thoughts on the new guys and the rest of the conference?
Looks an awful lot like the old FAVC circa. 2003....Surprised Lebanon came back, always thought those folks identified more with Dayton. Little Miami would have been better served moving to the Southern Buckeye, IMO..... Winton Woods should never have been excluded from the ECC when the FAVC dissolved.

Looks an awful lot like the old FAVC circa. 2003....Surprised Lebanon came back, always thought those folks identified more with Dayton. Little Miami would have been better served moving to the Southern Buckeye, IMO..... Winton Woods should never have been excluded from the ECC when the FAVC dissolved.

It is very similar to the FAVC plus or minus a couple teams. Southern Buckeye league is too small for LM population projections. In the next couple of years LM could become one of the largest d2 schools in Cincinnati. The Southern wouldnt have helped there case. And LM is D1 in all other non football sports. ECC is the only place they had to go. I like Lebanon in the ECC I think its a better fit then the GWOC. They have trouble competing in that league from time to time. I think the ECC is an odd fit for WW geographically, but it is the best fit currently. If WW could put well rounded teams in other sports on the field and grow a bit in population I would have loved to see them in the GMC personally. WW will be the bell cow of the ECC

It is very similar to the FAVC plus or minus a couple teams. Southern Buckeye league is too small for LM population projections. In the next couple of years LM could become one of the largest d2 schools in Cincinnati. The Southern wouldnt have helped there case. And LM is D1 in all other non football sports. ECC is the only place they had to go. I like Lebanon in the ECC I think its a better fit then the GWOC. They have trouble competing in that league from time to time. I think the ECC is an odd fit for WW geographically, but it is the best fit currently. If WW could put well rounded teams in other sports on the field and grow a bit in population I would have loved to see them in the GMC personally. WW will be the bell cow of the ECC
I agree with you. Lebanon and LM (talent and location) good for ECC and WW would be a better fit for GMC. I'm sure WW just happy to be in a conference, scheduling games is very difficult out of conference for all sports. Didn't Sycamore talk about joining ECC? They would be a good fit. WW may not lose a game in ECC for 10 years in football. Kings and LM with all the new houses being built will probably both be D-1 in 5 years also. Is LM sticking to the weak OOC games for next year?

I agree with you. Lebanon and LM (talent and location) good for ECC and WW would be a better fit for GMC. I'm sure WW just happy to be in a conference, scheduling games is very difficult out of conference for all sports. Didn't Sycamore talk about joining ECC? They would be a good fit. WW may not lose a game in ECC for 10 years in football. Kings and LM with all the new houses being built will probably both be D-1 in 5 years also. Is LM sticking to the weak OOC games for next year?

Next years OOC games are Goshen which is a neighborhood rival and Talawanda. Talawanda is the weaker of the 2 teams but surprised some people this year. I was hoping they were going to schedule a different SWOC team (Mt Healthy or Harrison). The ended contract with Western Brown and West Carrolton there 2 weakest non conference games.

Last edited:
I'm glad my boys finally got a conference nod and the security of having a 10 game schedule but man I'm cant lie I'm gonna miss playing those power house schools like LaSalle elder Moeller St. Edward's trotwood Madison ect. It gave me a gage on how good are boys really were or weren't