Perrysburg
Springfield
Start (Toledo)
St. Francis (Toledo)
Sylvania Northview
Sylvania Southview
Waite
Whitmer

Feel free to add some guys. Listed them by Alphabetical school order.
Biederman (Anthony Wayne)
Medina (Clay)
Goebel (Findlay)
McKinley (Northview)
Avalos (Perrysburg)
Arellano (Whitmer)

Moon (Clay)
Barnes (Findlay)
Wingate (Whitmer)

Pendergraff (Clay)
Takats (Perrysburg)
Zaborski (Start)
Oviedo (Waite)
Gill (Whitmer)

McCallister (Anthony Wayne)
Thompson (Clay)
Phadphom (Findlay)
Blaze (Perrysburg)
Schmidt (Southview)
D. Stoll (Springfield)
Wheeler (Waite)

Daly (Clay)
A. Denkins (Perrysburg)
A. Stoll (Springfield)
Haskin (Whitmer)

Snyder (Anthony Wayne)
W. Denkins (Perrysburg)
Dodson (Springfield)
Cascadden (Whitmer)

Gilts (Anthony Wayne)
Migliori (Clay)
Smith (Findlay)
Bowsher (Lima Senior)
Saito (Perrysburg)

Frederick (Anthony Wayne)
Miller (Clay)
Garee (Perrysburg)
Schlegel (Whitmer)

Weseman (Clay)
C. Liber (Northview)
Ewen (Perrysburg)

Stultz (Anthony Wayne)
A. Liber (Northview)
Anz (Perrysburg)
Howard (St. Francis)

Musgrove (Perrysburg)
Edinger (St. Francis)
Piercy (Whitmer)

Cobb (Clay)
Butzin (Perrysburg)
Latimer (Start)

Meek (Clay)
Noon (Findlay)
Sawaya (Perrysburg)

Richmond (Clay)
Farmer (Findlay)
Morley (Perrysburg)
Moody (Whitmer)

Last edited:

I may not remember the rules correctly but before you take a chance at making him ineligible you should look at what he weighed in at your city league tournament. Because the rule states he can only lose 1.5% a week. "A weight loss limit of 1.5% of the “Alpha” weight per week has been set."
so if he weighted in at 135lbs he would not be able to make 126 by the letter of the rule.
I may be wrong, but that is how I read it.

I may not remember the rules correctly but before you take a chance at making him ineligible you should look at what he weighed in at your city league tournament. Because the rule states he can only lose 1.5% a week. "A weight loss limit of 1.5% of the “Alpha” weight per week has been set."
so if he weighted in at 135lbs he would not be able to make 126 by the letter of the rule.

I don't think that this is what is meant by that. Example - A wrestler has already certified at 120 pounds for the season. Said wrestler wrestled 126 at league and weighed 128 at weigh-ins. This would mean that he was not allowed to weigh 122 the following weekend at sectionals. This happens all of the time and I know several that are doing this exact thing and have done it in the past.

I don't think that this is what is meant by that. Example - A wrestler has already certified at 120 pounds for the season. Said wrestler wrestled 126 at league and weighed 128 at weigh-ins. This would mean that he was not allowed to weigh 122 the following weekend at sectionals. This happens all of the time and I know several that are doing this exact thing and have done it in the past.
I wasn't sure, just didn't want a kid to lose a chance to wrestle because of the "spirit of the rule"

He wasn’t at 135 , he wrestled at 132 weight and weighed under 130.

1.5% sets the alpha weights...
In terms of weight loss Ohio only uses what the original alpha report says and you can only weigh one weight class above. Ohio does not have a requirement to enter actual weights.
He could have weighed whatever the weight for 132 was that day (or under) and still be eligible for 126.

He wasn’t at 135 , he wrestled at 132 weight and weighed under 130.
either you or the alpha test is wrong..... just don’t want someone to screw themselves as a senior, I would make sure the coaches look into it

Attachments

• 72FCBBD8-47C9-4318-A906-CC832BFCA96A.jpeg
    72FCBBD8-47C9-4318-A906-CC832BFCA96A.jpeg
    32.9 KB · Views: 43
either you or the alpha test is wrong..... just don’t want someone to screw themselves as a senior, I would make sure the coaches look into it
Not sure what this is that you posted but the kid hasn’t been over 138 the whole year, everyone is so afraid their wrestlers may be pushed so they look for to protect their kids, it’s all good though . I like tapping and the forums created.

Not sure what this is that you posted but the kid hasn’t been over 138 the whole year, everyone is so afraid their wrestlers may be pushed so they look for to protect their kids, it’s all good though . I like tapping and the forums created.
Well you have to be over 138 to start the season at 145, Even if it’s 138.1, and if you don’t know where that’s from than you don’t know much about certification, but good luck to you and yours,

This picture has no reflection of what you are trying to prove.

He could have weighed 138.1 and his alpha test allows him to wrestle 126.

If he has not weighed in over 132 since he has been allowed to be a 126 pounder then the kid has every right to wrestle 126.

Based upon the kid only competing at 132/138, he would be eligible to wrestle 126. the 145 alpha date is irrelevant

So that shows he weighed between 138.1- 145.0 during his alpha test.... 14/15 weeks ago.
According to my weight loss calculator., if he alphad on or around 11/23, he could have weighed 152 or less and still go 126... assuming he pinched big enough...

Sounds like he is good to go.

So that shows he weighed between 138.1- 145.0 during his alpha test.... 14/15 weeks ago.
According to my weight loss calculator., if he alphad on or around 11/23, he could have weighed 152 or less and still go 126... assuming he pinched big enough...

Sounds like he is good to go.
Don't disagree, I posed a question knowing he is a good wrestler. But I also don't like liars and cheats , and it was stated "hes never weighed more than 138" which is an obvious lie. I do agree that he can make 126, never said he couldn't. So all in all I agree with everything everyone is saying accept for "hes never weighed more than 138". Again I wish everyone a safe and victorious weekend.

Just curious. Does anyone knows why 2 NWOH teams are going to a NE sectional? How was it decided which two teams would be shipped out?