2020 Cleveland Browns

Watched the first half,they got the little guy of the pocket very nicely which will work a few weeks at least.That's his element with lots of targets to throw to,really need to run more with those two horses.

It was a great game. Browns fans should not get too excited, however, about the 214 yards rushing as the Bengals had the worst rushing defence in the league last year.

Watched the first half,they got the little guy of the pocket very nicely which will work a few weeks at least.That's his element with lots of targets to throw to,really need to run more with those two horses.

I thought the game plan was very run-oriented, as it should be. Proper balance of run / pass. 35 rushes, 23 passes. Not sure what you watched.

I know the national take, and even the local take, is the Browns did it against the Bengals so don't get overly excited. The biggest hurdle for a long term losing team in any sport is to learn how to win games. Even to win against a "lesser" NFL team is always a big deal, as the league is typically balanced to a large extent. The Browns need to build on the confidence and get another win against Washington, even it's a one point win. 2-1 would feel good heading into Dallas. The wins would earn Stefanski buy-in from the players. All NFL wins are important, especially to a franchise trying to break into contender status.

What I found encouraging was that they called plays directed at the strength of the offense - running the ball - and the strengths of their quarterback. I think it should settle in on we Browns fans that Mayfield isn't going to be as dynamic as we thought, but he has a skill set that can be shaped well by a proper game plan. I was a bit surprised the TEs didn't get more targets, but that could come with more familiarity. When you have two guys rushing for over 200 yards, you don't have to expand your playbook too much.

While I am encouraged with 35 points - and that's a lot of points in the NFL, I don't give a damn who you're playing - I'm almost as discouraged with the 30 allowed. I'm hoping Greedy Williams and Mack Wilson return soon. I don't know if Drew Samples would have looked like a poor man's Travis Kelce if Wilson was dropping back into coverage.

What I found encouraging was that they called plays directed at the strength of the offense - running the ball - and the strengths of their quarterback. I think it should settle in on we Browns fans that Mayfield isn't going to be as dynamic as we thought, but he has a skill set that can be shaped well by a proper game plan. I was a bit surprised the TEs didn't get more targets, but that could come with more familiarity. When you have two guys rushing for over 200 yards, you don't have to expand your playbook too much.

While I am encouraged with 35 points - and that's a lot of points in the NFL, I don't give a damn who you're playing - I'm almost as discouraged with the 30 allowed. I'm hoping Greedy Williams and Mack Wilson return soon. I don't know if Drew Samples would have looked like a poor man's Travis Kelce if Wilson was dropping back into coverage.

Agreed. Loved the play action with Mayfield on the move out of the pocket.

Browns getting healthier. Conklin, Williams and Johnson back in practice. It should be interesting to see how the OL performs against the Washington DL this week.

Browns not looking great. Amazed Sendejo has a job in the NFL. Late in help on the Washington TD pass. He's in the middle of at least one bad play for the Browns every week.

A Browns win by 14 points is rare. Even though Haskins gifted them a win, they still had to convert the scores. I cut Stefanski some slack with the playcalling (mainly when he gets a little pass-happy to Odell), because he had to install his offense online in a very weird offseason, but as for the rest? I like it. He seems in control, aware and competent. Very non-Browns.

He's involved in a bad play every damn week. Joseph isn't a whole lot better but he occasionally stumbles into being in the right place at the right time.
I’ll say this for Sendejo, he’s always around the ball. Unfortunately, he’s either two steps slow or two steps early.

To me, the mark of a good NFL coach is someone who is able to get his team through adversity in a game. Yesterday's game told me quite a bit about Kevin Stefanski. The browns struggled to get going in the 1st quarter. They adjusted, and got 2 touchdowns and a field goal in the second quarter. Then the Washington Football Team made some adjustments and put up two unanswered touchdowns in the third, taking a 3 point lead. But then, again, the team adjusted, and rattled off two more turnovers, two more touchdowns, and another field goals. Back when Freddie was coaching, this is definitely a game the Browns would have lost....or they would have somehow managed 3 touchdowns to just barely win. I know its only been 3 games this season, but I am impressed with Kevin Stefanski. I dont think he will be the next Belichic...but he looks like the most competent Coach ive seen around the Browns in years.

Last edited:
I agree that the OL has been the most improved unit on this team and a difference maker but what do you expect when the two biggest Free Agent pick ups, Conklin & Hooper, and the #1 pick, Willis, were along the OL. But the inability to address the LB situation and the injury to Delpit will be the down fall to this team and keep them from finishing above .500. Look for Elliott and Prescott to have a great day against this defense and I would not be surprised if the Cowboys crack 50 points on Sunday.

We will find out a lot the next 3 weeks, Cowboys, Colts and Steelers... Cowboys game may be 41-38, not sure who wins. But the defenses are not great...

We will find out a lot the next 3 weeks, Cowboys, Colts and Steelers... Cowboys game may be 41-38, not sure who wins. But the defenses are not great...

Have to take the Cowboys. They have too many good receivers, the Browns secondary is shaky and Prescott is mobile enough to maneuver away from pressure. The only way I believe the Browns can win is to hope Chubb and Hunt run their tails off and keep the Cowboys offense on the sidelines. If Mayfield throws more than 15-20 times, the Browns lose.