2020 Cleveland Browns

I've been leaning more and more to Buffalo in recent years.

I wonder where all the Mayfield fans on here that told us Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson were garbage are now.

It's funny how on election night back in 2018 Allen & Jackson were brutally criticized by most of the national football media as not being real QB's. Now it looks like those two will be the cream of the QB crop for that draft.

It's funny how on election night back in 2018 Allen & Jackson were brutally criticized by most of the national football media as not being real QB's. Now it looks like those two will be the cream of the QB crop for that draft.
I hated the Mayfield pick. I did not want a short QB and it still seems to hinder him. I was in favor of Darnold or Allen, as they had the size and arm strength. I must admit I brushed off Lamar as an option at all, even though he was an extremely productive college QB.

But Baker has shown flashes and it’s just one game this year...in a new system with little practice. So he gets more time to show what he can do. The weapons are there, though, so I don’t think Stefanski will give him a long leash since he knows Keenum can execute his offense.

Also, to be honest, neither Darnold or Allen has lit the world on fire so far. This may just turn out to be a dud QB class, save for Lamar.

I hated the Mayfield pick. I did not want a short QB and it still seems to hinder him. I was in favor of Darnold or Allen, as they had the size and arm strength. I must admit I brushed off Lamar as an option at all, even though he was an extremely productive college QB.

But Baker has shown flashes and it’s just one game this year...in a new system with little practice. So he gets more time to show what he can do. The weapons are there, though, so I don’t think Stefanski will give him a long leash since he knows Keenum can execute his offense.

Also, to be honest, neither Darnold or Allen has lit the world on fire so far. This may just turn out to be a dud QB class, save for Lamar.

Allen has been a work in progress and has steadily improved. Kind of the opposite of Mayfield who has gone backwards. In Mayfield's defense it'still early and he's on his 4th head coach and OC. My concern is that he seems to be making the same mistakes, holding the ball too long and throwing off of his back foot.

I thought Wills was decent. I hope his injury is just a bruise as they suspect.

I'm as frustrated as any Browns fan after that mess. Especially:
- the stupid fake punt call
- the 99 yard drive
- OBJ's drop which turns a 17-9 or 17-13 game at half into 24-6
- placekicking
- inability to cover TE routes
- terrible offensive execution

But I have to say the Ravens look legit. Lamar Jackson is the real deal. Way better passer than I gave him credit for. Hollywood Brown is a weapon. Defense is stout. They will not lose a game in the division. Probably 14-2 again.

Browns offense will bounce back but with those LBs and DBs I think 8-8 is about the ceiling for this team. We will be in a bunch of 35-31 games. Which will be a lot of fun compared to yesterday

A little tough to gauge with a new coach/system without any preseason reps. They left a lot of points on the field.
That's the Browns main problem. Gut a coaching staff after a year or two. The offense is always hitting reset. Get a staff and stick with them. Stop throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
I saw an interesting stat the other day. Baker is the first QB to start his first 30 games with four separate head coaches

That's the Browns main problem. Gut a coaching staff after a year or two. The offense is always hitting reset. Get a staff and stick with them. Stop throwing out the baby with the bathwater.
I saw an interesting stat the other day. Baker is the first QB to start his first 30 games with four separate head coaches
The thing is a team needs to hire a good coach to be able to stick with that coach. Bengals are just the opposite they hired David Shula's clone and will stick with him for 5 years. Both teams just have bad ownership.

Too busy saying if they’re gonna kneel, tweeting out their decision on kneeling, blah blah blah.

just play the f—— game.

I think the Browns and Bengals will split. I’ll give the home game to the Browns this week. When they play next and Burrow is more comfortable the Bengals win at home.

I think the Browns and Bengals will split. I’ll give the home game to the Browns this week. When they play next and Burrow is more comfortable the Bengals win at home.

I have a feeling the Bengals will win on Thurs. Browns may be without both tackles. Defense a mess with no linebackers and no db's who can cover. Odell running the wrong routes - again, a la Josh Gordon.....

I'm afraid Burrows will make Baker look like a real ShortyPants,which is his main problem...BAM!

Entertaining first half so far. Browns DT's killing the Bengals lousy OL interior. Would sure like to see Garrett make some plays.

Browns offense will bounce back but with those LBs and DBs I think 8-8 is about the ceiling for this team. We will be in a bunch of 35-31 games. Which will be a lot of fun compared to yesterday

Hmmm. Pretty solid post. ;)

Glad to see the run-heavy approach, with Chubb and Hunt that is the winning formula. Baker looked much better; the play action works well for him, and his accuracy was mostly on point.

Pretty entertaining game but it's tough to get too excited given that it was against the Bengals. The Bengals have some very good skill position players but the rest of the team is brutal. It's like Mike Brown put together a team from his fantasy football draft list.

I want to see Mayfield show that confidence and swagger when they're playing a top notch team. Their inability to get the ball into the end zone from one in four downs is concerning.