2020 Cleveland Browns

Fans aren’t always right, of course, but sometimes they are. True story, a friend gave me Phil Savage’s email address when he was with the Browns. I only used it twice. Two years in a row, the night before the draft, I emailed the name of the player I believed the Browns should take. I suggested Shawne Merriman and they took Braylon Edwards. I suggested Haloti Ngata and they took Kamerion Wimbley...and even worse, they traded with the Ravens who then took Ngata. Savage never responded and I don’t know if the emails ever reached him, but sometimes the fans do know best.
I wish there was a way to see if he read it. Like there is with text messaging.

Buddy of mine had Mike Brown's number and has a recording of him talking to Mike Brown for like 3 minutes about trading AJ Green during this past season. Brown kind of heard him out and politely responded "you dont think we tried, the market isnt there for him, the NFL isnt a video game".

I may see if I can get him to send that recording to me so I can post it

I wish there was a way to see if he read it. Like there is with text messaging.

Buddy of mine had Mike Brown's number and has a recording of him talking to Mike Brown for like 3 minutes about trading AJ Green during this past season. Brown kind of heard him out and politely responded "you dont think we tried, the market isnt there for him, the NFL isnt a video game".

I may see if I can get him to send that recording to me so I can post it
You like prison? Unless Brown gave written consent to the recording, I wouldn't even want it emailed to me.

You like prison? Unless Brown gave written consent to the recording, I wouldn't even want it emailed to me.

Assuming it happened in Ohio as long as his friend consented to it there are no implications for recording a conversation. Ohio is a one party consent state.

REGULAR SEASON

Week 1: Sept. 13 - at Baltimore Ravens - 1:00 p.m./CBS

Week 2: Sept. 17 (Thurs.) - Cincinnati Bengals - 8:20 p.m./NFLN

Week 3: Sept. 27 - Washington Redskins - 1:00 p.m./FOX

Week 4: Oct. 4 - at Dallas Cowboys - 1:00 p.m./FOX

Week 5: Oct. 11 - Indianapolis Colts - 4:25 p.m./CBS

Week 6: Oct. 18 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - 1:00 p.m./CBS

Week 7: Oct. 25 - at Cincinnati Bengals - 1:00 p.m./CBS

Week 8: Nov. 1 - Las Vegas Raiders - 1:00 p.m./FOX

Week 9: Nov. 8 - BYE

Week 10: Nov. 15 - Houston Texans - 1:00 p.m./FOX

Week 11: Nov. 22 - Philadelphia Eagles - 1:00 p.m./FOX

Week 12: Nov. 29 - at Jacksonville Jaguars - 1:00 p.m./CBS

Week 13: Dec. 6 - at Tennessee Titans - 1:00 p.m./CBS

Week 14: Dec. 14 (Mon.) - Baltimore Ravens - 8:15 p.m./ESPN

Week 15: Dec. 20 - at New York Giants - 1:00p.m./CBS

Week 16: Dec. 26 or 27 - at New York Jets - Time TBD

Week 17: Jan. 3 - Pittsburgh Steelers - 1:00 p.m./CBS

favorable schedule for sure. East is the NFC division you want. None of the AFC games other than Baltimore seem scary. Dallas is the longest trip. Nice!

Split against the steelers. Clev wins in pitt, and pittsburgh wins in Clev in week 17 due to the browns resting a lot of guys for the playoffs.

I sure hope the Browns are speaking with Larry Warford's rep today. I would much rather get him in here and solidify that right guard hole than see them chase and spend big money on Clowney.

I sure hope the Browns are speaking with Larry Warford's rep today. I would much rather get him in here and solidify that right guard hole than see them chase and spend big money on Clowney.

That would be a huge get. Word is the Bears have dropped out but the Texans really want him. The front office isn't tipping its hand, but if they are still players in the free agent market, I hope the Browns pursue this guy far more aggressively than Clowney.

Anybody else happen to notice that Antonio Callaway was brought up in the XFL/Oliver Luck lawsuit? Vince McMahon's position is that one of the ways in which Luck did a poor job was to sign Callaway who didn't have the type of background Vince wanted.

Schefter on Clowney
EZDaxZiWkAIKnyd

Schefter on Clowney
EZDaxZiWkAIKnyd

Good for him. By and large, he's lived on a reputation built in substantial part on a hit in the Outback Bowl in 2013. For some reason, he's seen by many as a dominant pass rusher despite the the fact that he's never had a 10 sack season. Solid player? Sure. $20M player? No way in hell and every day he sits without a job decreases his value on the open market. The Texans realized he wasn't equal to the hype. The Seahawks figured it out. Now the rest of the NFL is figuring it out.

All in all, he'd be a nice addition to the Browns but not a game changer. That being said, he's a $12M to $15M player and they shouldn't break the bank for him.

Good for him. By and large, he's lived on a reputation built in substantial part on a hit in the Outback Bowl in 2013. For some reason, he's seen by many as a dominant pass rusher despite the the fact that he's never had a 10 sack season. Solid player? Sure. $20M player? No way in hell and every day he sits without a job decreases his value on the open market. The Texans realized he wasn't equal to the hype. The Seahawks figured it out. Now the rest of the NFL is figuring it out.

All in all, he'd be a nice addition to the Browns but not a game changer. That being said, he's a $12M to $15M player and they shouldn't break the bank for him.

I think his reputation has a lot to do with the fact that people who weight 270 lbs aren't supposed to run 4.47 in the 40.

Also 7 years ago.
True, but I'm basically Al Davis when it comes to evaluating players so I am biased here... Also he is only 27 so I don't think he's lost a step.

I do think Clowney's lack of sack numbers overshadows how good he is in run defense. He is arguably the best EDGE run defender in the league. If I had 20 million dollars I'd happily spend it to pair Clowney and Garrett. How do you gameplan against that?

True, but I'm basically Al Davis when it comes to evaluating players so I am biased here... Also he is only 27 so I don't think he's lost a step.

I do think Clowney's lack of sack numbers overshadows how good he is in run defense. He is arguably the best EDGE run defender in the league. If I had 20 million dollars I'd happily spend it to pair Clowney and Garrett. How do you gameplan against that?
I guess the same way teams did against the Texans with Watt and Clowney, neither of whom are wearing Super Bowl rings.

I'll give you that. He is solid against the run and decent in rushing the passer. The place he is most lacking is in his ability to assess his value in the market.

I agree with most of the Clowney posts here: freak athlete in terms of size/speed, but overhyped. Not a great producer, just good, and never stays healthy enough to play a full season. Don;t break the bank.