2020 Cleveland Browns

NFL offering free game pass (rewatch games since 2009)

Best Browns games to rewatch? There can't be many worth watching again from last decade

Yeah.

Off the top of my head,

How about the Christmas Eve win over the Chargers that enabled them to avoid going 0-16 in 2016?

There had to have been some good moments in Pettine's 1st year (2014) when the team spent a few days in 1st place before Hoyer blew out his knee. IIRC, there was a Thursday night win where they dominated Cincinnati or someone like that to move into 1st place in the division, and they routed Pittsburgh in the 2nd meeting of that season. 1st game of that season was when Antonio Brown karate kicked the punter in the face on a return.

What about the end of the 2013 season where Josh Gordon went off for a bunch of receiving yards, yet they lost all of those games? There was game at New England that year which I still can't figure out how they managed to lose aside from the fact that they are the Browns.

In 2010, they ran some trick plays on special teams to beat the Saints and Patriots in consecutive weeks.

Last edited:
I say Mayfield coming in as a rookie against the Jets and leading the team to a win was pretty good.

Browns sign LB B.J. Goodson.

On the Browns signing of former Green Bay LB B.J. Goodson:

"It’s a de facto swap with Christian Kirksey, who signed with the Packers earlier this week after being cut by the Browns, in free agency.

Goodson played in 15 games, starting nine, in 2019 for the Packers after coming over from the New York Giants. He was a fourth-round pick out of Clemson by the Giants in 2016. His most productive year was his final one in New York, recording 61 total tackles, two INTs and a half-sack. The interceptions and sack are the only ones in his four-year career.

No terms of the deal are immediately available."

Well...now they have three linebackers. :)

From the Touchdown Wire:

The Cleveland Browns have reportedly signed safety Karl Joseph to a one-year deal.
The transaction was first reported by NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport:

Joseph was a first-round selection (No. 14 overall) by the Oakland Raiders in the 2016 NFL Draft. He never really filled that high of a pick, however, as he played in just 49 games with the Raiders in four years, posting 236 tackles and four interceptions.

Joseph played in nine games last season before suffering a season-ending foot injury.
According to Pro Football Focus, Joseph is a consistent, if not spectacular, player:
A player who has always earned consistently solid grades, Karl Joseph just hasn’t made enough splash plays in his time in the NFL to convince his own team to buy-in long-term or even keep his starting spot secure. Joseph has just four interceptions in four seasons with the Raiders and has forced just a single fumble, but he has hit double-digit defensive stops every season and shown the ability to be a solid force on defense. Joseph has talent, particularly in a coverage scheme that plays with split safeties, and he will likely be available for a bargain fee given how his Raiders tenure panned out.
Given that it is just a one-year deal, the Browns clearly believe that Joseph is worth a look, but is not a long-term answer at one of the safety spots.

Browns sign Andrew Billings, for DT of the Bengals. I guess there's a chance his is so awful the Bengals let him move on while an equal chance the Bengals missed seeing his talent due their ineptitude.

Browns sign Andrew Billings, for DT of the Bengals. I guess there's a chance his is so awful the Bengals let him move on while an equal chance the Bengals missed seeing his talent due their ineptitude.

Possible, but playing between Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap; maybe not; was supposed to be a run stopper, Bengals had worst run defense in the league.

Interesting excerpts about Janovich from Pluto article-

Janovich was Denver’s 2019 Block Courage Award for leadership and character. Several Denver media outlets called him “a fan favorite.” Why was he traded? Former Browns coach Pat Shurmur is the new offensive coordinator. He doesn’t use fullbacks.

ESPN’s Jeff Legwold wrote an amazing story about Janovich, who drives a 2000 Dodge pickup with 138,000 on it. He changes his own oil.

The 6-foot-1, 238-pound Janovich ranked No. 3 among fullbacks by Profootballfocus last season, No. 2 in run blocking.

I think we'll like Janovich.

Possible, but playing between Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap; maybe not; was supposed to be a run stopper, Bengals had worst run defense in the league.

So, maybe Atkins and Dunlap are over-rated? The Bengals had the worst run defense in the league led by these supposed stars. Billings was a JAG.

The Browns have agreed to terms on a one-year deal worth $3.5 million with former Texans and Bills cornerback Kevin Johnson.

George Allen would be so proud of this new staff building with FA'S that have been around the block.

ESPN:

WINNERS OF FREE AGENCY
i
Cleveland Browns
The Browns are ubiquitous members of every offseason winners list. One of these years, it will make them winners during the season, as well.

Is this the year? All we can say now is that each of their moves this week was as close to an objective upgrade as any they could have executed. No one would turn down the addition of Jack Conklin at right tackle if the other options were Chris Hubbard or Greg Robinson. It would be hard to argue that new tight end Austin Hooper doesn't bring the Browns a new dimension. And if quarterback Baker Mayfield were injured, new backup Case Keenum would give the Browns a decent chance to stay afloat.

The two biggest questions facing the Browns weren't fixable through free agency. We still can't know whether coach Kevin Stefanski can improve the team's on-field discipline. And for all the talk about Cleveland's offensive line, we won't find out for a while whether Mayfield can improve his decision-making and recognition.

But there is no doubt the Browns have a better talent at the right positions after this negotiation period.

The more great moves, the better they get, and the more liklihood they look like the frontrunners in the North next year leads me closer and closer thinking covaid will get even worse and cancel the 20-21 season

I like what I have seen so far ... a lot of seemingly good fits ... more grit than flash ... but still a ways to go IMO
A lot of connections with the players and the staff in the past,seem to know more than what we see.

Browns doing it right.

12-4.

AFC Championship game where they fall to KC.

Book it.

Thinking about the draft for the Browns now that free agency is rolling...

Like always there will be a run on QBs at the top of the draft so expect 3 slots to be taken by Burrows, Tagovailoa, and Herbert. The 2 OSU defensive studs will also probably go in the top 5 of the draft. I am also hearing that the OTs should go higher than expected and a run of as many as 4 could be picked right before the Browns at 10 either by teams staying put or trading out especially considering last years OL draft stunk so many teams are looking for young OL help. That leaves one of these defenders that may drop down to 10, Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown. Would you go for one of these guys at 10 or grab the 4th or 5th ranked OT to fill a need? Also, now that we are back to an analytics friendly front office we may be looking at a trade back possibility to gain more draft capital.

Thinking about the draft for the Browns now that free agency is rolling...

Like always there will be a run on QBs at the top of the draft so expect 3 slots to be taken by Burrows, Tagovailoa, and Herbert. The 2 OSU defensive studs will also probably go in the top 5 of the draft. I am also hearing that the OTs should go higher than expected and a run of as many as 4 could be picked right before the Browns at 10 either by teams staying put or trading out especially considering last years OL draft stunk so many teams are looking for young OL help. That leaves one of these defenders that may drop down to 10, Isaiah Simmons or Derrick Brown. Would you go for one of these guys at 10 or grab the 4th or 5th ranked OT to fill a need? Also, now that we are back to an analytics friendly front office we may be looking at a trade back possibility to gain more draft capital.
Always take best available. Brown, Simmons or Kinlaw would be great picks for the Browns at #10.

The more interesting scenario to me is if somehow Tua slipped to #10 and was the Browns best available on their board. What if Stefanski preferred Tua over Baker?

A lot depends on the Giants. With any luck, they go Simmons (he's not getting to the Browns in any event) rather than tackle. In no particular order, I think the top six are Burrow, Young, Okudah, Simmons, Tua and Herbert. They'll all be gone by the Browns' pick at 10. With any luck, KInlaw and Brown also go before the Browns. That scenario leaves at least the second highest picked tackle for the Browns.

It's an interesting group of tackles and much will come down to team preference as none of them are clearly superior. Wirfs, Becton, Thomas and Wills are the top 4, but the order depends on who you ask. Jones and Jackson aren't that far behind. It's going to be an interesting draft.

A lot depends on the Giants. With any luck, they go Simmons (he's not getting to the Browns in any event) rather than tackle. In no particular order, I think the top six are Burrow, Young, Okudah, Simmons, Tua and Herbert. They'll all be gone by the Browns' pick at 10. With any luck, KInlaw and Brown also go before the Browns. That scenario leaves at least the second highest picked tackle for the Browns.

It's an interesting group of tackles and much will come down to team preference as none of them are clearly superior. Wirfs, Becton, Thomas and Wills are the top 4, but the order depends on who you ask. Jones and Jackson aren't that far behind. It's going to be an interesting draft.
I would consider it a blessing if either Brown or Kinlaw dropped to the Browns, regardless of which OT’s remain. I love Wirfs at #10, but there is no way you can pass up a dominant DT.