2020 Cleveland Browns

Browns switch to 3-4 would be nice

Maybe. Only a dumb- starts there before looking at his players. We've seen the flip-flops too many times. The coaches GET TO coach the team they have. If you have to reboot immediately for a coach, he's a LOSER and a bad hire.

They better have a GD GM that drafts LBs right after OT, and a friggin' DC with enough talent to scheme for the personnel available. They can run Wilks' 5-2 if that's what best suits our guys in a given match-up. These Co-ordinators need to work their azzes off.

To me, what he did in NO is not the problem ... but it is a symptom of the problem with OBJ ... it just shows he is a ME guy and not a WE guy ... don’t think he is going to change his spots ... and starts showing up to things he doesn’t have too or do all the little things that makes teams great ... I really hope I’m wrong ... but he is showing why NYG decided to move on from the most talented WR in the game ... hopefully him and BM both learn from train wreck of the past season ... we will see.

I certainly agree with that, but you have to remember the big picture. This OBJ guy has more Insta-, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok followers than any other NFL player. 14 - 16 yr olds see every dumb- thing, and 75% wannabe him. Coaches aren't in control until NfL contract signing day....and even then only kind of. This is the future. Adapt and adjust, because a squad of model citizens isn't winning.

On another note regarding future, the Browns have his contract for at leasr another few seasons. Hopefully he decides being a winning football player is important enough for his "brand" to start doing what it takes to really succeed.

Last edited:
I actually like this ... the best thing for the Browns is if BM gets the chip back on his shoulder and works his butt off this off season on his game ... it is the only way to shut up guys like him ... BM shut him up most of his rookie year ... then last year he felt empowered by Baker's crappy season ... we will see how round three goes!!!

Not overwhelmed with the names I am hearing for assistants.

The problem is, Monken and Wilks were high-profile names and look how that turned out. I still think it falls to the lead of the head coach and his approach to the entire scope of operations on them field; organization and leadership being the prime components, something Kitchens, it turns out, sorely lacked. There was discontent that started with the Kitchens/Monken disconnect and I think it permeated throughout the coaching room. I know Stefanski has never been a head coach, but I think he doesn't care if he wins the press conference as long as he wins games. The first impressions I've had of him have been encouraging. I trust his hires and hopefully bringing in a veteran such as Callahan is a perfect sounding board for Stefanski, and I hope they hire him. I also think that looking to bring in someone with the resume' of Callahan shows that fixing the offensive line is a priority.

The problem is, Monken and Wilks were high-profile names and look how that turned out. I still think it falls to the lead of the head coach and his approach to the entire scope of operations on them field; organization and leadership being the prime components, something Kitchens, it turns out, sorely lacked. There was discontent that started with the Kitchens/Monken disconnect and I think it permeated throughout the coaching room. I know Stefanski has never been a head coach, but I think he doesn't care if he wins the press conference as long as he wins games. The first impressions I've had of him have been encouraging. I trust his hires and hopefully bringing in a veteran such as Callahan is a perfect sounding board for Stefanski, and I hope they hire him. I also think that looking to bring in someone with the resume' of Callahan shows that fixing the offensive line is a priority.

I do like the Callahan hire. In the end, they can hire a bunch of nobodies if it leads to wins. I do think it benefits a first time coach to have some guys who have been there, who are a little longer in the tooth, on staff. I'm not sure Wills or Monken qualify as that kind of guy. I don't want a staff you have to pick up every morning from the nursing home, but a guy like a Chuck Pagano, Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips or Jim Caldwell can only help.

Just wondering: If George Paton is hired as General Manager, does that point to Kevin Stefanski gaining influence with and the trust of Jimmy Haslam and does it diminish, at all, the standing of Paul DePodesta?

Could we, just for once, have a front office that is not embroiled in a power struggle ?

Jimmy creates this struggle with his "all report to ME" model, an ego-driven struggle to feel in control. It is like the mom of the latchkey kids that encourages them to all rat each other out for their misdeeds because she can't look at a situation in hindsight and work backward to discern the cause of the problem. He has no clue how to run a football team.

I am of the mind that if DePo can "Jedi mind trick" Haslam into assembling a group that puts allegiance to each other first, that is still a team and they'll function properly, even if Jimmah has to pretend he's the master of puppets.

More Browns problems: Kareem Hunt pulled over for speeding in Rocky River. A small bag of pot found in the back seat. Hunt cited for traffic violation and sent on his way. Pot kept as evidence. Perhaps additional charges to follow?

More Browns problems: Kareem Hunt pulled over for speeding in Rocky River. A small bag of pot found in the back seat. Hunt cited for traffic violation and sent on his way. Pot kept as evidence. Perhaps additional charges to follow?
No charges. They can't give you back your pot.

I'd expect a drug test from Roger if I was Hunt, though. We'll have a test of the League's new higher marijuana threshhold in a sample.

Welp, it took two interviews, some phone work and reflection time, but your boy DePo finally scared off Paton. Probably without Jimmy seeing he’s playing the process against him. Now DePo gets his puppet Berry.

That, or the Browns just got played by Paton. Let's see if it is announced that Paton has renegotiated a new deal with the Vikings and used the 2nd interview as a bargaining ploy. That would be just as much a slap in the face to Stefanski as Haslam, so I don't think Paton would do that to him. Still, pulling away from a promotion, as Paton apparently did, is not a good look for the Browns. Now, the real litmus test, I believe, is the decision regarding Andrew Berry. If Berry DOESN'T take the job, that is a referendum on the Haslam ownership and the influence of DePodesta. How ever this shakes out, once again, we're in wait-and-see mode as the Browns front office looks like the Clampett family.

Welp, it took two interviews, some phone work and reflection time, but your boy DePo finally scared off Paton. Probably without Jimmy seeing he’s playing the process against him. Now DePo gets his puppet Berry.
All going according to plan.

Very happy to see the Kareem Hunt news. Trivial incidents like this are the types of things that might scare other teams away from Hunt in FA allowing the Browns to sign him cheaper.

No, it won't happen. With the changes in marijuana law related to THC content and the unavailability of proper testing labs, law enforcement is throwing up the white flag on small quantity marijuana possession. Confiscate and send on their way.

No, it won't happen. With the changes in marijuana law related to THC content and the unavailability of proper testing labs, law enforcement is throwing up the white flag on small quantity marijuana possession. Confiscate and send on their way.
If he is already in the Substance Abuse Program, this may be a problem. Otherwise, maybe not so much. Just a symptom.....

Paton out........... of course

To me, two interviews and a "no", with this guy, may easily mean that the first was compelling enough for him that he went back and felt out Spielman to see how long it might be before Spielman retired or moved up the Front Office food chain. Paton has been in Minnie for years, has a settled family there, and is their GM heir-apparent. Jimmy fires a GM every two years. I'm guessing that it would take a perfect offer and set of conditions/job description. He didn't get it.

Next!!

All going according to plan.

Very happy to see the Kareem Hunt news. Trivial incidents like this are the types of things that might scare other teams away from Hunt in FA allowing the Browns to sign him cheaper.

I'm sure DePo tipped the cops. Analysis indicated that he'd be on his third one-hitter after leaving Berea headed back to the East Side.