2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals should make an all out effort to sign Hudson ( cut by the Raiders ) but I don't have my hopes up. Sewell better be available when the Bengals draft or the Bengals will take a lot of heat if they do not sign any FA o-lineman. Not that Mike Brown really cares what the fans or media have to say.

The Bengals have one priority this offseason, and they have done nothing so far to address the offensive line. So much incompetence in one organization/family.

Riley Reiff [age 32]signs with Bengals; a LT at Minn, he will be a right tackle at Cincy, he gave up 1 sack last year according to PFF.

The Bengals need to sign CB Adoree Jackson, has had injury problems but when healthy is one of the best.

Last edited:
Riley Reiff [age 32]signs with Bengals; a LT at Minn, he will be a right tackle at Cincy, he gave up 1 sack last year according to PFF.

The Bengals need to sign CB Adoree Jackson, has had injury problems but when healthy is one of the best.
Hip, Hip, Hooray the Bengals signed an o - lineman, need to sign an interior lineman to go with Reiff. Interesting the contract was for just one year, maybe still planning to draft Sewell.

This happened less than 1 yr ago, yet idiot Bengals fans are all over social media saying “I hope we take Chase.” R**ards. I’m not even a big Bengals fan, but I’m tired of all the smooth brained idiots who don’t pay f’n attention complaining when they don’t know themselves.

With the 49ers moving up it seems all but guaranteed that the top-3 picks will all be QBs and there will multiple dynamic playmakers available available at #5.

They should be drafting Sewell to pair for the long-term with Jonah Williams at the tackle positions to protect Burrow, but considering they signed Reiff I think Mike Brown is going to want either Chase or Kyle Pitts.

With the 49ers moving up it seems all but guaranteed that the top-3 picks will all be QBs and there will multiple dynamic playmakers available available at #5.

They should be drafting Sewell to pair for the long-term with Jonah Williams at the tackle positions to protect Burrow, but considering they signed Reiff I think Mike Brown is going to want either Chase or Kyle Pitts.

Rieff is a RT.

Rieff is a RT.

Yes. Reading between the lines what the organization has said in the media, I think they're content with leaving Williams at LT and hoping he stays healthy. It doesn't sound like they're interested in moving him to RT or to the interior of the line.

i would trade the pick for draft capital but bengals too dumb. good thing this is a deep draft for OL and WR. they addressed the tackle position, but have done nothing to the interior of the OL. you aren't drafting that with the 5th pick.

jtk
()

This happened less than 1 yr ago, yet idiot Bengals fans are all over social media saying “I hope we take Chase.” R**ards. I’m not even a big Bengals fan, but I’m tired of all the smooth brained idiots who don’t pay f’n attention complaining when they don’t know themselves.

I hope they take Chase. There will be more than a handful of starter level OL available at 37. Not so much WR. That said, I won't be mad if they take Sewell.

Yes. Reading between the lines what the organization has said in the media, I think they're content with leaving Williams at LT and hoping he stays healthy. It doesn't sound like they're interested in moving him to RT or to the interior of the line.

Spot on. He graded out as the #12 LT in the league in essentially his redshirt rookie year. Why move him when you know you have an above average LT who will likely only get better?

I hope they take Chase. There will be more than a handful of starter level OL available at 37. Not so much WR. That said, I won't be mad if they take Sewell.
But they’re not nearly the talent of Sewell. And you can still get a vertical threat at WR in RD2. Marshall, Brown, and Wallace will all be there.

I don't have any confidence in Mike Brown to draft a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round if they don't take Sewell, but this is one of the better classes in recent memory with quality depth at that position.

Among all reasonable possibilities at #5, there's no bigger drop off in talent at a position than at TE between Pitts and whoever you'd have second on the board at that position (Freiermuth?). That probably doesn't matter for the Bengals as IMO the Falcons will take him off the board at #4.

Mike Brown being who he is, with A.J. Green leaving and officially ending that "era" I'd be stunned if they don't draft somebody that he thinks will help them drum up excitement and sell tickets. If the top-4 picks are three QBs and Pitts, I don't see him passing on his choice of WR prospects.

Moreso with what they've been saying in the press. I don't think this franchise lies or throws smoke screens very well. They seem to be pretty satisfied with Williams as a long-term solution at LT with Reiff at RT for a year or two.

But they're not nearly the talent of Chase.

This is the analogy I’ll use:

Look at the Franchise as a person. The QB is the heart, but needs surgery. Knowing your Franchise’s life is on the line, are you ok with a “good” heart surgeon, or do you want the absolute best? I know which one I’m picking.

If Sewell was a mid 1st rd talent or even not a LT, then I get taking Chase, but you cannot pass up keeping Burrow protected for the next decade.

Look at the Franchise as a person. The QB is the heart, but needs surgery. Knowing your Franchise’s life is on the line, are you ok with a “good” heart surgeon, or do you want the absolute best? I know which one I’m picking.

If Sewell was a mid 1st rd talent or even not a LT, then I get taking Chase, but you cannot pass up keeping Burrow protected for the next decade.

Sewell isn't going to play LT for the Bengals, so it sounds like you want Chase too?

He was rated as the #12 LT by PFF in his first year of playing in the NFL. You think he won't improve past that?

Sewell is the highest rated OL prospect EVER by PFF. Also, you have to at least consider Williams’ health as a potential issue. If you put Sewell at LT and Williams at LG, you’ve got Burrow’s blindside completely protected. Then in Rd 2 you can get your deep threat.

One of the worst owners in pro sports, Mike Brown, certainly can and probably will.

Sewell is the highest rated OL prospect EVER by PFF. Also, you have to at least consider Williams’ health as a potential issue. If you put Sewell at LT and Williams at LG, you’ve got Burrow’s blindside completely protected. Then in Rd 2 you can get your deep threat.

I don't know what to tell you man, everything I've read is the Bengals are more than happy with Williams at LT and he is there to stay.

I don't know what to tell you man, everything I've read is the Bengals are more than happy with Williams at LT and he is there to stay.
And everything we know is that they’re an incompetent organization. So whatever they think, the opposite is true.