2020 Cincinnati Bengals

What you saw on MNF was a team with fire, desire, and the eye of the Tiger.

I have seen that missing from BR and the steelers for quite awhile.

While I am a proponent of controlling ones emotions/staying calm and "never getting too high, and never getting too low" there is a fine line of looking like you are cool, calm and collected and emotionally checked out.

I just dont see the fire in the eyes of the steelers.

The Bungles, they had it. Whether it is the faux motivation of DooDoo dancing on their logo or what, it does not matter. Faux motivation is still motivation!

Congrats on the bengals. Number of friends razzed me via texts afterwards, which is fine, but i dont play that game. IGood banter before the games, but after no matter the outcome I dont rub their noses in it.

You also had the national television factor. The Bengals don't get on very much. As a matter of fact, they probably only got on MNF because the network was anticipating seeing Joe Burrow. On the other hand, the Steelers are on constantly, so the chance to show off in front of a huge audience didn't mean as much. And you can't tell me that there wasn't a degree of overconfidence knowing that they were facing a third-string qb.

You also had the national television factor. The Bengals don't get on very much. As a matter of fact, they probably only got on MNF because the network was anticipating seeing Joe Burrow. On the other hand, the Steelers are on constantly, so the chance to show off in front of a huge audience didn't mean as much. And you can't tell me that there wasn't a degree of overconfidence knowing that they were facing a third-string qb.
Concur. When it was scheduled the NFL was banking on Burrow.

Overconfidence? Eh. Dont think so. If you have watched this steelers team the last 4-5 games they would be lucky to beat Massillon HS football team so no way they were over confident.

I have attended 15-20 Steelers games in Cincy. I do believe the amount of steelers fans who show up gets under the skin of the bengals . The overall record may not show up since 2000, I would have to look it up, but Cincy seems to always play the Stillers tough in Cincy and they seem to be fired up!

Wait, so Car, Hou, Phil, and Atlanta all have 4 wins. What happens if the Bengals win this game? It would be so typical of the Bengals to win 2 meaningless late season games to drop 4 spots in the Draft.
Yeah go from 3rd to 7th. Probably get Davis from Ohio State now

Davis, Walker Little, and Alex Leatherwood are good prospects, but Sewell was described as a “generational” player.
I just hope we draft a lineman. The Brown’s are retarded so it’s hard to know what they will do

If Bengals can't get Sewell pick Parsons if he is available. Get a player that does not need to be developed, don't trust Bengals player development.

Draft Devonta Smith or Jamarr Chase if he is there, which I doubt. A right tackle will be there in round two and then all defense

I just hope we draft a lineman. The Brown’s are retarded so it’s hard to know what they will do
I’m wondering if there’s a way to set the top 10 for the draft after 12 or 14 games, that way you don’t punish teams for winning. IDK, I’m sure there’s some type of angle I’m missing, but it feels wrong that bad teams winning late in the yr can f’ up their future

Draft Devonta Smith or Jamarr Chase if he is there, which I doubt. A right tackle will be there in round two and then all defense
Dumb, very dumb. How many knee surgeries do you want Joe Burrow to have? It’s not f’n Fantasy Football. Plus, you still have Higgins & Boyd.

Dumb, very dumb. How many knee surgeries do you want Joe Burrow to have? It’s not f’n Fantasy Football. Plus, you still have Higgins & Boyd.
I'm assuming Sewell will not be there at 5 which is where I think the Bengals will end up. A top five pick needs to be a stud, so unless you trade down, which I also wouldn't mind, you take the BPA

I'm assuming Sewell will not be there at 5 which is where I think the Bengals will end up. A top five pick needs to be a stud, so unless you trade down, which I also wouldn't mind, you take the BPA
That’s dumb. The Bengals weren’t bad bc of WRs, they were bad bc their OL sucked balls. And there’s a good chance the Bengals don’t end up in the Top 5.

That’s dumb. The Bengals weren’t bad bc of WRs, they were bad bc their OL sucked balls. And there’s a good chance the Bengals don’t end up in the Top 5.
It's an opinion pboy, quit being such a goof. You can take Devonta or Jamarr in the first round and still get a Slater, Leatherwood or Jackson Carman in round two. It's going to take a couple drafts, at least, to totally rebuild. Look at what Jefferson did in Minnesota this year, and Chase is better than him.

It's an opinion pboy, quit being such a goof. You can take Devonta or Jamarr in the first round and still get a Slater, Leatherwood or Jackson Carman in round two. It's going to take a couple drafts, at least, to totally rebuild. Look at what Jefferson did in Minnesota this year, and Chase is better than him.
Leatherwood is not lasting until R2, the other 2 are good players, but might not make it to R2 either. And look what happened to Joe Burrow bc he didn’t have a quality OL, what else do you need to see?

Screw defense. We need a line
Remember Obeughi and Fisher. Sewell is a no brainer the rest of the OT's may or not succeed, like I said not a big fan of Bengals player development. Picking an O - lineman for the sake of drafting a lineman is not good drafting. I would rather pick talent Micah Parson over a need esp. if that need player may or may not be good.

I’m wondering if there’s a way to set the top 10 for the draft after 12 or 14 games, that way you don’t punish teams for winning. IDK, I’m sure there’s some type of angle I’m missing, but it feels wrong that bad teams winning late in the yr can f’ up their future
Steelers haven’t been any worse then 8-8 at least since Tomlins been coaching. They’ve drafted fairly well picking 15 plus in the draft. Just have to pick the right players. If anything the last 10 teams to pick should do a lottery, shouldn’t be penalized for being good.

Leatherwood is not lasting until R2, the other 2 are good players, but might not make it to R2 either. And look what happened to Joe Burrow bc he didn’t have a quality OL, what else do you need to see?
On every mock draft he is, dont be a goof

Remember Obeughi and Fisher. Sewell is a no brainer the rest of the OT's may or not succeed, like I said not a big fan of Bengals player development. Picking an O - lineman for the sake of drafting a lineman is not good drafting. I would rather pick talent Micah Parson over a need esp. if that need player may or may not be good.
The good thing is Carolina won, putting them behind the Bengals.

As far as draft position, the Bengals aren't beating the Ravens next week when Baltimore is essentially looking at a win and in playoff scenario. No chance in hell.

Sewell would be ideal, but while the offensive line is a dumpster fire this team needs talent in a lot of areas. If he's not available when they pick, rather than reach too early for another OL IMO they should be picking BPA or trying to trade down and add picks.

If they can't get Sewell; then yes. Those guys are studs, and picking in the top-5, you need to get a stud.

The offensive line is still going to suck next year Sewell or not unless this cheap franchise adds a couple of quality linemen via free agency and trades.

sewell if available when they pick.

trade pick if he's not available, but bengals are too dumb to negotiate a trade of any value

they won't trade pick so hope the bama receiver is there and take him. the bengals don't have a a wr1 on their roster. they have very good possession receivers (boyd and higgins) but need a over the top guy who can catch (AJ in prime). f

not sure if there is an edge rusher good enough to be picked when bengals will pick?

jtk
()

I'll never complain about a win especially for a team who has been starved of them for the last two years. A few draft slots isn't going to make or break this Bengals team. Plus this class seems pretty deep on the line so while they might not get a generational talent, they can still upgrade the line. Plus as nww said, they need to address it via FA or it's going to suck again next year.

I will give ZT credit for his offensive game plan the last 2 weeks. Ran the football with Finley vs Steelers and made Allen look All Pro against a bad Texan defense.

Tanking. Or the lack thereof I am glad that NFL teams for the most part do not partake in this like NBA and MLB. You always see teams battling to the end of the season, sans the Lions on Friday, that was embarrassing, even if it means a worse draft pick. It gets rediculou s at times in other sports how blatant it gets.