2020 Cincinnati Bengals

This game was a lot like last year's opener, shoulda , coulda won. Following week Bengals got crushed by 49ers, fortunately play Browns this week but I expect another loss, 4 wins max.

Spread in the Bengals vs Chargers game was 3 pts. AJ Green gets called for a ? OPI than Bullock says his calf just locked up on shank field goal. Final spread in the game 3 pts.

Spread in the Bengals vs Chargers game was 3 pts. AJ Green gets called for a ? OPI than Bullock says his calf just locked up on shank field goal. Final spread in the game 3 pts.
There was no fix, the officials made the correct call. The Bullock FG is a perfect encapsulation of the Bengals as a franchise

So what was the story with Bullock? I listened to some of the post game and they were sort of..huh? Chuckling about it..??‍♂️I mean if he strained something the miss was legit, did some other story come out afterward?

very ticky tacky. that crap happens on every pass play. just like there is holding on every run play.

still no excuse. ross should've caught the dam ball and bullwinkle just sucks.

jtk
()

It's still a small sample size but Burrough led an impressive drive at the end which should have won the game. He was throwing darts and using all his receivers. That drive showcased the attributes that made Burrough the best college QB of all time and should translate nicely to the pros: 1) great accuracy; 2) maneuverability in the pocket & 3) intense focus.

Sure getting the win would have been nice but the Bengals could use another high draft pick to fix that O-line. The fact remains that against a stout pass rush Burrough more then held his own.

very ticky tacky. that crap happens on every pass play. just like there is holding on every run play.

jtk
()
I don’t agree it happens on every pass. The refs are going to be watching very closely in the EZ and there is less field to watch. AJ didn’t complain much about so that was another clue. If the defender stumbles back and the receivers arms are extended it will be called every time especially in the EZ.

It’s Cincinnati. Nothing will ever change under current ownership Losing is an acceptable outcome as long as the numbers line up.
the empty stands aren’t much different than what the Bengal players normally see and the pumped in sound is an improvement

I don’t agree it happens on every pass. The refs are going to be watching very closely in the EZ and there is less field to watch. AJ didn’t complain much about so that was another clue. If the defender stumbles back and the receivers arms are extended it will be called every time especially in the EZ.

ok. maybe 99% of pass plays. geesh. i didn't say it was the wrong call, but it happens all the time, and the DB did a little acting. lol its ok, its not why they lost. there were many other plays that cost them the win.

if the call was against pittsburgh i'm sure you would be saying the same thing about the call.

jtk
()

ok. maybe 99% of pass plays. geesh. i didn't say it was the wrong call, but it happens all the time, and the DB did a little acting. lol its ok, its not why they lost. there were many other plays that cost them the win.

if the call was against pittsburgh i'm sure you would be saying the same thing about the call.

jtk
()
Nope. He pushed off. I like the Steelers but if I see a bad call I can admit it no matter which way it goes. I’ve become more rational and less passionate as I age. ?

jtk
()
You can call a hold on a lineman every play but at wideout whenever there is arm extension to separate from the upper body of a defender it will be called every single time!

Nope. He pushed off. I like the Steelers but if I see a bad call I can admit it no matter which way it goes. I’ve become more rational and less passionate as I age. ?
lol........ok. i didn't say he didn't push off. the ticky tacky nature and time of call was annoying. and once again, i didn't say that call cost them the game.... move on.........for a steelers fan, you spend an awful lot of time on the bengals thread. lol

jtk
()

lol........ok. i didn't say he didn't push off. the ticky tacky nature and time of call was annoying. and once again, i didn't say that call cost them the game.... move on.........for a steelers fan, you spend an awful lot of time on the bengals thread. lol

jtk
()
I live in Cincinnati I’ll discuss the Bengals if I want to. ?. Don’t take this stuff so seriously. Carson Palmer? Now we’re talking about 15 years ago? Rules in protecting the QB have changed drastically since then. I’m not even sure it was a penalty at that time. From Carson:I don’t know Kimo personally,” Palmer said. “From what I’ve heard, he’s a classy guy. Football is football. I don’t think it was malicious at all.” The Steelers lineman was stumbling as he came off a block and lunged at Palmer’s legs, crashing into the side of his left knee. Palmer tore the anterior cruciate ligament when the leg bowed.

Last edited:
So what was the story with Bullock? I listened to some of the post game and they were sort of..huh? Chuckling about it..??‍♂️I mean if he strained something the miss was legit, did some other story come out afterward?
Apparently he had a cramp in both legs. Also had a line drive ko that turned into a big return.

jtk
()
I agree with ya, the pi was ticky - tacky. Mike Williams had a much more egregious opi earlier in the game that was not called. Zebras need to be more consistent if they are going to call minor push offs, opi.

It doesn’t matter. Calls. No calls. Whatever. They always have and always will find a way to lose. End of story.

I live in Cincinnati I’ll discuss the Bengals if I want to. ?. Don’t take this stuff so seriously. Carson Palmer? Now we’re talking about 15 years ago? Rules in protecting the QB have changed drastically since then. I’m not even sure it was a penalty at that time. From Carson:I don’t know Kimo personally,” Palmer said. “From what I’ve heard, he’s a classy guy. Football is football. I don’t think it was malicious at all.” The Steelers lineman was stumbling as he came off a block and lunged at Palmer’s legs, crashing into the side of his left knee. Palmer tore the anterior cruciate ligament when the leg bowed.
i don't take it seriously. you got all bent out of shape when i said that there is pushing by receivers and db's on every pass play? lol

jtk
()

It doesn’t matter. Calls. No calls. Whatever. They always have and always will find a way to lose. End of story.
Few years ago it does not get called, but it needs to and it gets caught because of where they are at and the officials so close in that condensed area.

If JB does not throw that pick on the shuffle pass or the kicker not pull his vajayjay on the kick we are talking about a diff outcome likely.

Good start, and bengal fans hsould be optimistic, but then again they were very optimisitic after a narrow game one loss VS seattle last yea.r

i don't take it seriously. you got all bent out of shape when i said that there is pushing by receivers and db's on every pass play? lol

jtk
()
No you must have misinterpreted my post. Believe me I don’t get bent out of shape by the NFL referees. It’s a difficult job they make mistakes. If you push off in the EZ and the defender stumbles backwards they are going to call it 98% of the time. I mean they are standing right there.

AJ clearly pushed off, end of story. Joe has already been bengalized, that might set a record for the quickest bengalization in franchise history ?

AJ clearly pushed off, end of story. Joe has already been bengalized, that might set a record for the quickest bengalization in franchise history ?
??? He had a good game. Already looks better than a few QBs in his age range (Mayfield & Darnold). That’s also despite having a dreadful OL.

don't pay any attention to him.....he doesn't like players/teams that kneel for the anthem. but knows everything about the reds, bengals, and buckeyes. all of which have players that kneel. lol

jtk
()

??? He had a good game. Already looks better than a few QBs in his age range (Mayfield & Darnold). That’s also despite having a dreadful OL.
Im talking about outcomes, not his personal stats. I thought he did very well for a rookie with no preseason games. The result however is typical Bengals

don't pay any attention to him.....he doesn't like players/teams that kneel for the anthem. but knows everything about the reds, bengals, and buckeyes. all of which have players that kneel. lol

jtk
()
Did Joe kneel? Is he from Canada?

Browns gain an advantage in Thursday nite's game; Bengals sign K Seibert to replace Bullock who is out with a calf injury, the Browns just cut Seibert because he sucked in Sunday's game against the Ravens

Good start, and bengal fans hsould be optimistic, but then again they were very optimisitic after a narrow game one loss VS seattle last yea.r
I predicted Bengals would get blown out by SF after the Seahawks game, only the Bengals could be satisfied with a narrow loss against a good team. SD is not Seattle and the Browns are not the 49ers but Chubb is going to have a field day with no Atkins and Garrett will be in Burrow's face all game long.