2020 Cincinnati Bengals

did i read, hear something that the bengals OL the last 4 or 5 games of the season really came around and had some really high grades? not saying its good by any means, but they were young/inexperienced but showed great improvement over the season. i still think they should've taken the OT in the 2nd round but thats how Mike Brown thinks. They did sign a guy in FA that will start at guard (I think).

jtk
()

did i read, hear something that the bengals OL the last 4 or 5 games of the season really came around and had some really high grades? not saying its good by any means, but they were young/inexperienced but showed great improvement over the season. i still think they should've taken the OT in the 2nd round but thats how Mike Brown thinks. They did sign a guy in FA that will start at guard (I think).

jtk
()

Sua-Filo signed a 3 yr $10 mill contract
I forgot about him, he should start, is currently listed as a backup, probably because season hasn't started. He is better at pass blocking than what the Bengals had last year, and based on that contract will be the starter. The line did get better at run blocking the last few games, whether that was actually due to offensive line improvement or the teams they faced is another matter. In 3 out of the last 4 games [2 against Browns, 1 against Patriots]
Mixon had great games, run blocking was good, the other game was against the Dolphins, 25/59yds rushing, BUT Dalton had one of his better games passing[396yds] despite being sacked 4 times by the Dolphins, who were dead last in sacks last year.

Two new starters on the OL this year; should (hopefully) see some improvement from Jordan and Price. Pboy is overblowing the OL weakness. It’s not a strength yet, but it’s not as dire as pboy suggests.

Two new starters on the OL this year; should (hopefully) see some improvement from Jordan and Price. Pboy is overblowing the OL weakness. It’s not a strength yet, but it’s not as dire as pboy suggests.

It is still a below average line; has the potential to be one of the bottom 4. LT -?? RT Hart - yikes

Think those Chinese companies are making the Burrow jerseys yet? I have bought a number of them over the years and they are always top notch quality and a great price.
The bad? Takes awhile and the customer service sucks in tracking the order and ya always feel like you are getting taken. I usually would just use a prepaid visa card just in case it was a scam

Think those Chinese companies are making the Burrow jerseys yet? I have bought a number of them over the years and they are always top notch quality and a great price.
The bad? Takes awhile and the customer service sucks in tracking the order and ya always feel like you are getting taken. I usually would just use a prepaid visa card just in case it was a scam
Great post

Yes, you can even get them at the wet markets (with a side of bat and a plate of lemur).

When has starting a Rookie QB behind a below avg (that’s being generous) ever worked out well? I’m not trying to be a pessimist, but you can’t be successful without a decent OL.

Bengal UDFA:

Georgia defensive tackle Tyler Clark
Oregon State guard Clay Cordasco
Kansas State defensive tackle Trey Dishon
East Carolina defensive end Kendall Futrell
Iowa State tackle Josh Knipfel
Iowa State linebacker LB Marcel Spears Jr.
Dartmouth cornerback Isiah Swann
Wake Forest wide receiver WR Scotty Washington
Arkansas running back Devwah Whaley
South Florida tight end Mitchell Wilcox

They also claimed :
Austin Calitro LB Started 9 games the last 2 seasons [Seahawks & Jags]
Samaje Perine RB [Wash & Miami ] Bengals picked him up last year after his first year in Wash, they cut and Miami picked him up in DEc

Last edited:
I was a big fan of him even through the last few years. When we drafted him the fans kind of knew he was good but would need a loaded team around him to go far in the playoffs. They were close to it a couple of times and who knows how the storyline would have played if Jeremy Hill doesn’t fumble the ball. Probably was time to move on from him but I will hold him in high regard. Maybe that is me just remembering how bad the 90s and early 2000s bengals teams were. I think Brown cut him as a sign of respect to allow him to go where he pleases.

does Bill go after him?

I was a big fan of him even through the last few years. When we drafted him the fans kind of knew he was good but would need a loaded team around him to go far in the playoffs. They were close to it a couple of times and who knows how the storyline would have played if Jeremy Hill doesn’t fumble the ball. Probably was time to move on from him but I will hold him in high regard. Maybe that is me just remembering how bad the 90s and early 2000s bengals teams were. I think Brown cut him as a sign of respect to allow him to go where he pleases.

does Bill go after him?
That seems to be the favorite landing spot. I’m not sure how well he’ll do, there’s not much to work with at the Skill Positions.

I think he could do just as well, if not better than Dak Prescott in Dallas.

I don’t see what Belichick has to lose by going after Dalton. Dalton wants to prove he’s a starter still and wants to win; I’d imagine he’d come fairly cheap on a 1 yr prove it deal. The issue is NE is pretty depleted offensively.

I was surprised they released him.
I thought he would be a good mentor this year while they sought a trade possibly.
I wonder if he requested this.

Winston accepting that low offer really kinda screwed Newton and Dalton and what they can ask for!

Anyone taking bets that Andrew goes to the Super Bowl with Belichick, and then chokes ?

Edit - posted this before I read one post itt, btw, but it does seem like Andy and Bill's perfect move.

I was surprised they released him.
I thought he would be a good mentor this year while they sought a trade possibly.
I wonder if he requested this.

Winston accepting that low offer really kinda screwed Newton and Dalton and what they can ask for!
I'm sure he did.

I'd be shocked if Dalton chased top dollar. I'd be shocked if Cam would have gotten it anywhere, Winston or not.

I dont think winston affects their value as much as voice thinks. Ultimately what affects their value is average qb play and injuries (cam). Winston signing as a backup doesnt move their needle. They werent going to get top dollar anyway

I think Dalton likely wanted out and Brown did him a favor. Amicable split bc I think Brown really likes Andy and wants to see him do well. For all his faults Brown is pretty loyal.