2020 Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals agreed to terms with CB Trae Waynes, formerly of the Vikings, on a three-year, $42 million contract.

Decent pickup, Waynes has gotten better each year

Bengals release BW Webb CB about $3.5mill cap space; most likely would resign him for a lesser amount.

Bengals also going to release G Miller, but might wait until after June 1st for money reasons.

Free Agent LB's available this year who not are just edge rushers; not a good year for FA LB's
[NFL FA overall ranking]
Littleton would have been a nice pickup, Campbell might be worth signing; not sure any of the rest would help all that much.

Cory Littleton [7] played inside LB in a 3-4, good pass defender especially against TE's, below average run defender. Signed with Raiders who were desperate for LB's, Nicholas Morrow being the only one left on the team who has played any games
Joe Schobert [32] makes great plays and horrible plays - signed with Jaguars
Jamie Collins [38] plays great when Belichek is his coach, not so much otherwise. signed with Detroit
Blake Martinez [50] A ton of tackles; mostly down the field. signed with Giants
Nick Kwiatkoski backup in a 3-4 Chicago who got to start in late nov when the starter went down with an injury, average run defender, nothing as a pass defender; signed up with LB desperate Raiders
DeVondre Campbell [67] better as a pass defender than run defender
Christian Kirksey [80] injury prone
Terell Suggs [92] should retire
Mychal Kendricks [94] tore his ACL in week 17 of last year
David Mayo [98] career special teamer who made some tackles last year for a desperate Giant team

You guys going to miss Billings at all ? The Browns only guaranteed 1 yr @ 3.5 mill, so I'd say confidence in him here is not high....

i thought billings was pretty good on a bad bengals defense. he made a lot more plays than i thought for a guy his size.

jtk
()

Billings is solid against the run, but not that good against the pass. For 3.5 million, it's a pretty good deal.

Rumors that Miami could give up 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder this year + a first next year for the first pick. I would definitely take that deal. Anyone else, and more importantly, would Mike Brown?

Billings is solid against the run, but not that good against the pass. For 3.5 million, it's a pretty good deal.

Rumors that Miami could give up 3 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder this year + a first next year for the first pick. I would definitely take that deal. Anyone else, and more importantly, would Mike Brown?
Heck Yeah. But I can't believe the fish would give up that many draft picks and if they would I doubt if Mikey has enough football smarts to make the deal.

If Miami does that it would be ridiculous.

Can you imagine turning a deal like that down twice?

You could completely rebuild a team with a haul like that. That would be #5, #18, #26 and #39 or #56 and a mid round first next year. That gets you Tua or Herbert and a lot of surrounding talent. I think this has to just be a bad rumor as it is too good to be true.

You could completely rebuild a team with a haul like that. That would be #5, #18, #26 and #39 or #56 and a mid round first next year. That gets you Tua or Herbert and a lot of surrounding talent. I think this has to just be a bad rumor as it is too good to be true.
Probably. But remember Brown turned down Ditka’s offer of the Saints entire draft in favor of drafting Akili Smith.

If Miami actually made that ridiculous offer; not even Mike Brown would turn that down.
BTW:
1999 was a horrible year; if the Bengals had made the trade with New Orleans, the QB available with NO 1st rd pick was Cade McNown; the next year's pick from NO was Champ Bailey, but I am sure Mikey wouldn't have picked him.
The 2000 draft , Brady was picked in the 6th rd, what few will remember is that the Bengals picked a Pro Bowler also in the 6th rd that year -Neal Rackers :giggle: