2020 CENTERVILLE ELKS

Centerville Elks 2020 record

• Total voters

ELKS Strong

2020 will be the year the Elks get back to a top D1 program & state contender. They will be led by a good SR class, loaded JR & SOPH classes. 16 of 22 starters return including top 3 offensive players and top 3 defensive players.

Positives for 2020
1. Elks return 9 of 11 offensive starters including WR Linkhart, QB Harrison, WR Smith. Need to find new RB and improve OL play
2. Elks return 7 of 11 defensive starters including LB Bruder, DE Artis, FS Graveline. Need to improve DL and DB play.
3. Elks frosh class has some dudes that will need to impact varsity next year
4. Elks had the ball down 6 points (28-34) with 3 minutes to play in the 4th Q @ Springfield (Region 2 Champ) so can play with anyone.

2020 Schedule
Fairfield, Mason, Open, @Miamisburg, @Beavercreek, Wayne, @Fairmont, Springfield, Northmont, @Springboro
Early projection
: 7-3 & playoffs (could be better with improved OL, DL & DB play)

Last edited:

Elks 6-4. I sure hope they had a majority of sophomores and juniors on varsity because their JV team was awful and had no talent

Springfield, Northmont, Wayne
The Elks can beat any of those 3 teams next year with what they have coming back plus all 3 are home games in 2020. Wayne seems to have the most coming back like Centerville.
Northmont
- lose QB, top 4 RBs, top 3 of 4 WRs, top 2 of 4 tacklers. Defense should be decent, but offense has to completely rebuild.
Wayne - most of the offense & defense returns like the Elks. Home game for Centerville this year & Elks won last year.
Springfield - lose top 2 RBs, top 4 WRs, top 3 of 5 tacklers. Cats lose a lot of production on both sides of ball.

2020 will be the year the Elks get back to a top D1 program & state contender. They will be led by a good SR class, loaded JR & SOPH classes. 16 of 22 starters return including top 3 offensive players and top 3 defensive players.

Positives for 2020
1. Elks return 9 of 11 offensive starters including WR Linkhart, QB Harrison, WR Smith. Need to find new RB and improve OL play
2. Elks return 7 of 11 defensive starters including LB Bruder, DE Artis, FS Graveline. Need to improve DL and DB play.
3. Elks frosh class has some dudes that will need to impact varsity next year
4. Elks had the ball only down 6 points (28-34) with 3 minutes to play in the 4th Q @ Springfield (Region 2 Champ) so can play with anyone.

2020 Schedule
Fairfield, Mason, Open, @Miamisburg, @Beavercreek, Wayne, @Fairmont, Springfield, Northmont, @Springboro
Early projection
: 7-3 & playoffs (could be better with improved OL, DL & DB play)
Centerville is a shell of itself. Numbers are down no athletic kids. They let parents dictate who plays. Fact, last year with senior QB way better than the freshman. Afraid to tell dad no cause they afraid he will go to CJ. Joke

The Elks can beat any of those 3 teams next year with what they have coming back plus all 3 are home games in 2020. Wayne seems to have the most coming back like Centerville.
Northmont
- lose QB, top 4 RBs, top 3 of 4 WRs, top 2 of 4 tacklers. Defense should be decent, but offense has to completely rebuild.
Wayne - most of the offense & defense returns like the Elks. Home game for Centerville this year & Elks won last year.
Springfield - lose top 2 RBs, top 4 WRs, top 3 of 5 tacklers. Cats lose a lot of production on both sides of ball.

That is why I like high school football: lace’m up and go bust somebody in the mouth. I hope CVille comes back. Do they have the mentality?

Elks 6-4. I sure hope they had a majority of sophomores and juniors on varsity because their JV team was awful and had no talent
Yes, the Sophomores and Juniors were on varsity. Elks have a lack of JV depth which I think is an issue for many teams, although they beat an undefeated Springfield JV team. The talented Frosh class didn't have anyone playing JV or varsity and have a handful of kids (5 or 6) that will play significant varsity time next year.

Last edited:
?? I don’t even think Centerville coaches or players believe this. If you are depending on Freshmen to step up to make a program relevant, you are already behind the 8 ball.
Elks were 9-1 in 2017, GWOC Champs, and ranked top 10 in the state. There is more optimism than you think. Time will tell and there will be no more excuses in 2020.

Last edited:
Cville won't ever be a state contender again. Too many dominant private schools up north and in cinci. Best centerville can hope for is a 3 game playoff run at best in the foreseeable future. There won't ever be good enough coaching and high enough level talent to compete with the elders and the Saint X's of D1.

Cville won't ever be a state contender again. Too many dominant private schools up north and in cinci. Best centerville can hope for is a 3 game playoff run at best in the foreseeable future. There won't ever be good enough coaching and high enough level talent to compete with the elders and the Saint X's of D1.
If the Elks are going to do it, it will need to be the next few years with what they have in the HS now

Last edited:
It looks like the third game of the 2020 season for the Elks is a home game scheduled against the Naperville North, IL, a suburb of Chicago. The Huskies were 2-9 last year. As an Elks fan, I would rather see them schedule Trotwood, Alter, a GCL school, or an Ohio Division I or II team. In any case, Naperville North's schedule shows the game scheduled for 9/11/2020:

Last edited:
It looks like the third game of the 2020 season for the Elks is a home game scheduled against the Naperville North, IL, a suburb of Chicago. The Huskies were 2-9 last year. As an Elks fan, I would rather see them schedule Trotwood, Alter, a GCL school, or an Ohio Divison I or II team. In any case, Naperville North's schedule shows the game scheduled for 9/11/2020:
that game is a surprise. any idea how this helps or hurts playoff Harbin points?

Troll post at its finest

It is going to be fun today watching Elks & Buckeye QB Herbstreit call the Ohio State/Clemson game with his boys on the Clemson team. Go Bucks!

Centerville had its spotlight with an incredible coach who had the ability to make kids believe they could and would be better than most they faced. That chapter has come and gone. I doubt the ELKS ever return to the dominance they once experienced during the 70's and 80's with some success in the 90's. I believe they'll have a great season once in a while like many programs, but won't be dominant like the past.

Centerville had its spotlight with an incredible coach who had the ability to make kids believe they could and would be better than most they faced. That chapter has come and gone. I doubt the ELKS ever return to the dominance they once experienced during the 70's and 80's with some success in the 90's. I believe they'll have a great season once in a while like many programs, but won't be dominant like the past.
It looks like Ullery is trying to reestablish the culture of Gregg & his dad. Why don't you think the Elks can get back to dominance?

It looks like Ullery is trying to reestablish the culture of Gregg & his dad. Why don't you think the Elks can get back to dominance?
I understand what Ullery is trying to do, however even the culture of kids living in Centerville has changed. Kids are no longer hungry, coaches are criticized for being tough on the players, and the numbers are going down. Gregg was in the right place at the right time. He was a special coach like Faust of Moeller, Mancuso of Princeton and Minton of Wayne.

I understand what Ullery is trying to do, however even the culture of kids living in Centerville has changed. Kids are no longer hungry, coaches are criticized for being tough on the players, and the numbers are going down. Gregg was in the right place at the right time. He was a special coach like Faust of Moeller, Mancuso of Princeton and Minton of Wayne.
It seems like the numbers have stabilized in the last couple years. Kids being entitled or soft is not exclusive to Centerville, but think this is a national issue. I am OK with Ullery being hard on kids as long as it is fair and balanced. The Elks have struggled the last 2 years with SR classes that haven't been very dominant. This year's SR class will be the strongest in the last 3 years along with good JR & Soph classes. The next 2-3 years should be much better at Centerville. Go Elks!