2020 Canton McKinley Football Season

I disagree that team is far from excellent. Minimal penalties mean nothing that depends on the refs whether they call it close or not. Lost in the trenches? Yes ,I agree. its hard to be dominate in the trenches when you can't or don't know how to block or tackle.
So one more thought after watching q4- McK QB spotted Brunswick 10 pts via 2 interceptions literally thrown to Brunswick D. No receiver within 20 yards - first one might have been timing route but the second looked like a post, should never have let that go. 10 pts spotted against good team. Ouch

That's true too. In fact he had a miserable night passing. That's what happens when 95% of your offense relies on one player and that player has a bad night. He had nothing to fall back on because his defense stunk all year. Brunswick had his QB pretty well scouted,

They better had start thinking about getting out of the FED too. Its been a disaster being locked to an all Stark County league.
[/QUOTE]
I agree 100%, if they want to put the McKinley name back to past glory days, they have play a schedule. In the big picture, the Fed puts too many “ don’t play anybody” games on their schedule. I hope they can find a candidate to get the ship back on course. When the D2 Massillon Tigers, post an 18-7 rivalry record, since 2000, something needs to change. But like others have said, the days of Canton, Akron, and Youngstown city school powerhouses, is over. McKinley is the last one, still trying to hold on.

Wattles personality to me comes off as mild , no offence, but that shows' in the teams demeaner , take Moore @ Massillon his demeaner filters down through the team, got to admit that defense they have is lights out you can't be one dimensional on offence an put all your eggs in one basket

Give Moore credit he is winning with strong defenses his offense is basic (especially this year his passing attack has not been up to par} but his running attack is very good. This nonsense at McKinley, since the idiot Ro Jo's days, that we can outscore any one and screw the defense is adequate to beat the yokel schools but when you play with the big boys you are going to get skunked.

3-2 But that's true he could beat them. I still have visions of N Canton running through them when they had a big lead. And he still was an idiot with a big mouth.

FYI. The Massillon program has improved immensely than it was when Johnson was at McKinley. Why? Nate Moore.

FYI. The Massillon program has improved immensely than it was when Johnson was at McKinley. Why? Nate Moore.
I always wondered why he could beat Massillon and struggle against everyone else. It was amazing the year Howard ran through Mckinley's defense like crap through a goose and Massillon couldn't. And let's be honest Johnson was an idiot, but Massillon made him look good. He was a 3 loss a year coach; it shows how much talent was at McKinley it kept him winning.

I always wondered why he could beat Massillon and struggle against everyone else. It was amazing the year Howard ran through Mckinley's defense like crap through a goose and Massillon couldn't. And let's be honest Johnson was an idiot, but Massillon made him look good. He was a 3 loss a year coach; it shows how much talent was at McKinley it kept him winning.

Maybe it had more to do with who was coaching the Tigers at the time.?

If I remember correctly 2 years ago the Mckinley posters mainly Bulldog Bob were touting this coach as the savior. He was bringing coaches in from the college level. Strength coaches the whole 9 yards... WHAT HAPPENED? Was it bad admin, bad coaching, no talent?

Shouldn’t give up on this coach yet. At least let the guy have one full offseason with the team before you’re ready to can him lol. He was hired late in 2019 with no real weight room and then COVID happened this year. People have the right to be frustrated but at least give him one year with a fair shake.

They better had start thinking about getting out of the FED too. Its been a disaster being locked to an all Stark County league.
I agree 100%, if they want to put the McKinley name back to past glory days, they have play a schedule. In the big picture, the Fed puts too many “ don’t play anybody” games on their schedule. I hope they can find a candidate to get the ship back on course. When the D2 Massillon Tigers, post an 18-7 rivalry record, since 2000, something needs to change. But like others have said, the days of Canton, Akron, and Youngstown city school powerhouses, is over. McKinley is the last one, still trying to hold on.
[/QUOTE]
Yes, take your average coaching and drop in athletes and start playing upper level talent and you'll be winning more, smh.

Yes, take your average coaching and drop in athletes and start playing upper level talent and you'll be winning more, smh.
[/QUOTE]
There were 7 DIV 1 ballplayers nope not the athletes 1 school for 70,000 people. Average coaching - I'll agree. Play more farm schools to keep winning, how about Salem and Wooster? No.

Shouldn’t give up on this coach yet. At least let the guy have one full offseason with the team before you’re ready to can him lol. He was hired late in 2019 with no real weight room and then COVID happened this year. People have the right to be frustrated but at least give him one year with a fair shake.
Covid happened to everyone else too, just not only Canton.

[/QUOTE]
Sarcasm won't figure out what the problems are in the fed. I personally think the fed is a slightly....just slightly....below average league. What are your thoughts and what would you, personally....do to fix it? If you think it's not broke just say so.

Sarcasm won't figure out what the problems are in the fed. I personally think the fed is a slightly....just slightly....below average league. What are your thoughts and what would you, personally....do to fix it? If you think it's not broke just say so.
[/QUOTE]
Any problem I see is participation but its probably across all HS's. Football is a brutal sport, my brother has shoulder problems 30 years later from a broken collar bone. Parents are different these days. When I was in youth no parent stuck around for a 2 hour practice, when I coached youth there wasn't a kid without a parent at every practice making sure lil johnny was treated fair. The Fed had a team play in two championship games in the past ten years but by your standards that isn't enough. The Fed has two basketball and two baseball SC in the last ten years. It will get McK more than ready for a run this year as they are loaded. So can the Fed get them ready in these sports but not football? McK has a chance to schedule 4 power houses if they choose, Massillon solid, St.Eds, St. Ignatius and Mentor along with three Fed schools that will be strong and change. This year it'd be Perry, NC and Lake. That schedule would more than prepare them, heck last year or two Massillon has played Firestone, GO and one or two other bad games and it prepared them. SO thats what I got.

Any problem I see is participation but its probably across all HS's. Football is a brutal sport, my brother has shoulder problems 30 years later from a broken collar bone. Parents are different these days. When I was in youth no parent stuck around for a 2 hour practice, when I coached youth there wasn't a kid without a parent at every practice making sure lil johnny was treated fair. The Fed had a team play in two championship games in the past ten years but by your standards that isn't enough. The Fed has two basketball and two baseball SC in the last ten years. It will get McK more than ready for a run this year as they are loaded. So can the Fed get them ready in these sports but not football? McK has a chance to schedule 4 power houses if they choose, Massillon solid, St.Eds, St. Ignatius and Mentor along with three Fed schools that will be strong and change. This year it'd be Perry, NC and Lake. That schedule would more than prepare them, heck last year or two Massillon has played Firestone, GO and one or two other bad games and it prepared them. SO thats what I got.
[/QUOTE]
Mentor, St. Ed's, Ignatius , rinse repeat until you are ready to leave the nest. Oh I forgot The Tigers!. Whoop on these guy's then you are ready to kiss the Fed goodbye!

Mentor, St. Ed's, Ignatius , rinse repeat until you are ready to leave the nest. Oh I forgot The Tigers!. Whoop on these guy's then you are ready to kiss the Fed goodbye!
[/QUOTE]
Being in that nest helped bring them down.

Give Moore credit he is winning with strong defenses his offense is basic (especially this year his passing attack has not been up to par} but his running attack is very good. This nonsense at McKinley, since the idiot Ro Jo's days, that we can outscore any one and screw the defense is adequate to beat the yokel schools but when you play with the big boys you are going to get skunked.
I think you need to bless McKinley with your presence as head coach so you can all show us all how easy it is to bring back a winning culture.

Why didn't McK play a few extra games after the playoff loss,think about it?
I was wondering that as well. Also I know Massillon was looking for a JV game and wondered why mck wouldn’t jump at that since they didn’t play this year.

Why didn't McK play a few extra games after the playoff loss,think about it?
I have to agree this was an opportunity in a year that was short of chances to play, two teams that I would have been calling after the Medina game were Ed's and Euclid, both good teams would have been great experiences.

I think you need to bless McKinley with your presence as head coach so you can all show us all how easy it is to bring back a winning culture.
I think you should mind your own business, farmer. Where's your winning culture? Oh that's right McKinley is a has been and you belong to a culture of never was. I've done enough in this life probably 100X more than you. Someone that lives in a garbage pit between Massillon and Canton. I pay property taxes in Canton - you don't.

I think you should mind your own business, farmer. Where's your winning culture? Oh that's right McKinley is a has been and you belong to a culture of never was. I've done enough in this life probably 100X more than you. Someone that lives in a garbage pit between Massillon and Canton. I pay property taxes in Canton - you don't.
So in your 100x of life you’ve lived more than me, there isn’t enough experience in that life of yours to win games as McKinley’s head coach?

cmon man apply for the job. Tell Wattley to his face that he can’t coach this team. You do all the work to get out of the farm league you hate.

It's October 25, 2020

On the St Ignatius thread,

MentorGrad2002

That Canton McKinley scheduled Mentor for the next two seasons.

Dave Dawg, Do you know anything about this???

:):cool::p:D:unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.