2020 Adidas National Showcase Cancelled

Thanks. Do you know if the plan is to still try and get 5 games in? Honestly I would settle for 1 game at this point!! I am a little nervous with Snodgrass getting let go yesterday.

Thanks. Do you know if the plan is to still try and get 5 games in? Honestly I would settle for 1 game at this point!! I am a little nervous with Snodgrass getting let go yesterday.
We still aim for five games (it's the Mason teams that usually drop to four if needed). I'd love to know what "new direction" OHSAA is headed. Snodgrass seemed to render fairly neutral plans compared to some other measures that were being taken. I'm totally with you on seeing a real game! My son is heading into his senior year and even an inter-club scrimmage had amazing attendance! Best of luck and health in any case as we all figure out what moving forward looks like.

200.gif

There were not fans at an inter-club scrimmage.

To me, it seems that having a larger gathering of soccer teams is a huge risk that could disrupt the entire regular season is there is an outbreak.

The data does not support your feelings. Young people don't die and they don't transmit unless there is some other underlying condition. Then they should not be playing at all. I understand your concern, it is just that the data does not bear it out. Deaths reported in Ohio, on a Tuesday no less = 6.

The data does not support your feelings. Young people don't die and they don't transmit unless there is some other underlying condition. Then they should not be playing at all. I understand your concern, it is just that the data does not bear it out. Deaths reported in Ohio, on a Tuesday no less = 6.

The fact that showcases like this draw from multiple states with 100's of teams (plus coaches, refs and other volunteers) makes it unrealistic to pull off this summer. It just doesn't make sense right now.

Your statement is not based on real data. I will continue to listen to the experts including my daughter who is an epidemiologist that has studied and researched the spread of this and other diseases ... P.S. I personally know of a few people ~ 30 years old that just tested positive with symptons and transmitted it to others. 2 months ago, again someone I personally know, about 20 years old got it pretty bad and spread it to at least 3 others who in turn spread it to others. I have real data. By the way, Ohio was just put on New York's quaratine list and is now one of 12 staes in that group. What is happening is exactly what Fauci and Acton said would happen. Fauci served for numerous presidents of both parties and is unbiased and will not be swayed by your feelings or emotions of wanting to see sports or the economy being the driving factor. We have opened up too soon 'for the economy' and because of those pushing for that, the economy is going to take a much bigger hit ... thanks so much for the short sideness.

Same Acton that said we would have 10k/new cases a day in Ohio, even with mitigation?

Asking for a friend.

so that’s the one thing that you pick out? Good for you. How’s the state doing since she departed? What are your suggestions on how to live thru this?

so that’s the one thing that you pick out? Good for you. How’s the state doing since she departed? What are your suggestions on how to live thru this?
Kind of an important thing don't you think?

Since I am living through this now I guess my suggestion is to do what I do. It's the same as any other virus outbreak btw. Wash your hands a lot. Don't get too close to people, especially if they are showing symptoms. And live your life.

Kind of an important thing don't you think?

Since I am living through this now I guess my suggestion is to do what I do. It's the same as any other virus outbreak btw. Wash your hands a lot. Don't get too close to people, especially if they are showing symptoms. And live your life.
[/QUOTE

Perfect philosophy. My creed as well!

The data does not support my feelings. OK, the last three days, Ohio has reported 3, 5 and 6 deaths respectively. Nationally, we are trending at a lower death rate than 2018. That year we did not have a pandemic.

The Midwest Preseason Classic has also decided to cancel the event. Please know that Warren County Sports Park and the tournament planning committee wanted the event to happen, but planning with moving deadlines around everchanging data called for the decision. Thank you so much for all the teams who were willing to put their names in the hat to play, as well as the others who held back due to coaching and AD decisions. Mason wishes all of you an incredible season and good health for your players and staffs. Moving on to hope for a season now...

People are scared and with way things are reported, I get it. Ohio had another strong day of cases but only reported nine deaths. Now I know, that is a lag indicator but the number of cases have been going up for weeks and we are still in single digits. Heard a respected doctor at UC saying kids should not be in school because they will pass it on at home yet study after study says that is not true ( one in Germany and one in Iceland) If at the end of year, the same number of people have died in 2020 that died in 2019, 2018, etc, what are we going to think about this epidemic. Are we ever going to hold our experts accountable for being wrong on the death rate?

I'm not sick from the Corona, but I'm sick of Corona! Let's leave that talk for other websites and forums and stick to what we do best on Yappi, and that's complaining about coaches and referees! Ok I'll start, the refs are too old and slow and the coach never gives my guaranteed D-1 scholarship , all state, olympic bound kid enough playing time!