2020-21 NCAA Football General Chat

And people refused to believe it.
They made it very clear in their initial rankings and when UC dropped it was evident they had no chance. I think realistically they picked the best four teams with Bama and Clemson clearly 1 and 2. That being said I am not impressed with Bama’s defense and give ND a punchers chance. Clemson IMO will beat OSU similar to how they beat ND last night. I think Clemson is the favorite to win it all

I argued against TXAM, ND, etc, in this thread, but the reality is that barring a monumental upset, no one outside of Alabama and Clemson has any chance.

I think ANY team that had been put 3 and 4 would get blown out , and that includes Ohio state

Clemson has had enough close games that I think other teams on any given day. Fl did give Ala a close call so even them with the right match-ups and coach calls. OSU and QB have not looked great lately and the OL seems to lumber in pass protection.

I'm hopeful for three good games or really bad games that OSU wins.

Take the over in both.
Notre Dame may be able to grind it out and keep it closer if their defense plays like they did against North Carolina. I think Ohio State needs to feed Sermon like they did yesterday. Also Olave should be back which will be huge. Their receivers as a whole were not good without him yesterday. I think that defense will struggle mightily against Clemson though.

and you can bet the PTB and money makers did not want that best of three sitting in the first game, where it should be.

Notre Dame may be able to grind it out and keep it closer if their defense plays like they did against North Carolina. I think Ohio State needs to feed Sermon like they did yesterday. Also Olave should be back which will be huge. Their receivers as a whole were not good without him yesterday. I think that defense will struggle mightily against Clemson though.
The two teams that scored on Bama's Defense were Ole Miss and Florida. Both are excellent vertical passing teams, and as we saw yesterday, that's ND's biggest weakness along with the Secondary. Frankly, this is a worse match up for ND than Clemson, and it will probably be a bigger blowout. I hope like Christ, I'm wrong, but ND got exposed yesterday.

In the end all, I'm not unhappy with the way the CFP and bowl games are shaping up. Cinci will get their shot at the SEC. A&M gets their shot at the ACC. OK and Fl I will look forward to that. Iowa St and Oregon, eh. Still it's a new match-up worth watching.

Its hard to be that upset with the top 4 but the rest of the rankings and bowl bids are telling.

The regular season doesn't matter at all. Just place the top 2 SEC schools vs. the ACC vs. Notre Dame or Ohio State every. Losses don't matter for NY6 games just brand names. Florida has 3 losses, Oklahoma lost to Kansas State and a team that lost to Louisiana. 9-2 Army left out of any bowl game but two 3-7 SEC schools (Tennesse and South Carolina) get invites.

At this point why even bother to continue to rank any G5 team, any 2nd place Pac-12, Big 12 or Big Ten team or any independent not named Notre Dame. The P5 should just break off at this point, the rankings and bowl bids made it abundantly clear that some change is needed.

Crazy end of regulation in the Coastal Carolina/Liberty game.

:45 left in the game. Tie game. Liberty has the ball inside the CC 5 yard line. First down, Coastal Carolina opened up a hole to let the RB score easily. He kneeled on the play at the 5.

Second play, the RB ran into the scrum and the defenders were pulling him into the endzone. Like someone trying to push you into the pool, he tries to pull up at the goal line. As they drag him in, he holds the ball outside the goal line and ends up dropping it just before he is completely pulled in. Coastal Carolina recovers the ball and runs out the clock. They are now headed to overtime.

Should have been an easy chip shot FG to win the game as time expired.

NC State is ranked ?‍♂️

As far as CC's inclusion in the playoff, I'd only argue for it in the context that all conference champions should get a spot

NC State is ranked ?‍♂️

As far as CC's inclusion in the playoff, I'd only argue for it in the context that all conference champions should get a spot

including all those minor "MAC" type teams would only lead to blow outs like
63-28, 42-25, 44-16, 30-3, 24-6 24-7, 31-0

/sarcasm

I agree, let the conference champs play, regardless P5, G5. More than half the games are already blow-outs. Might at least get a surprise or two that gets remembered and ultimately, spread out the recruiting a bit as is happening in B-Ball. NCAA Football could use more teams with guts like BYU.

including all those minor "MAC" type teams would only lead to blow outs like
63-28, 42-25, 44-16, 30-3, 24-6 24-7, 31-0

/sarcasm

I agree, let the conference champs play, regardless P5, G5. More than half the games are already blow-outs. Might at least get a surprise or two that gets remembered and ultimately, spread out the recruiting a bit as is happening in B-Ball. NCAA Football could use more teams with guts like BYU.

I generally agree, and I am fine with including them, my original point was in response to the fact that many thought CCU should get in ahead of Ohio State, same with Cincy.

By all means, expand to 8 teams, include 5 power conference champs, the two highest ranked group of 5 teams, and 1 wild card (likely the highest ranked power 5 team that didn’t win conference)

Florida’s top 4 receivers have opted out of playing in the Cotton Bowl. Thought that might actually be a good game.

For those that keep track of college football conference wins/losses in the bowls, good win for Wisconsin today:

Wisconsin 42, Wake Forest 28