2020-2021 Tournaments That Cancel This Year

Waterloo D3 Classic is canceled from what I heard. Typically the 2nd or 3rd weekend in December.

Has anyone investigate the true culprit of Covid-19 going airborne? FLATULENCE. Most of us have been victims of this cruel, calculated, maelstrom. One minute your bragging about how awesome you and little Johnny worked countless hours on the fireman- carry, here comes a pack of young rogues, one nerve bombs ya and now you call the police and fireman to carry one of them in a stretcher.

President did not miss a day of work while TESTING positive. Life should go on for everyone
Not sure how this relates, but yeah they should wrestle the entire season at the Walter Reed Medical Center and whoever catches Covid, they can receive a $3000 dollar Remdesevir treatment cycle from American tax payers...

Trump canceled his rallies in Wisconsin, so I wouldn’t say he worked right through it.

Last edited:
Not sure how this relates, but yeah they should wrestle the entire season at the Walter Reed Medical Center and whoever catches Covid, they can receive a $3000 dollar Remdesevir treatment cycle from American tax payers...

Trump canceled his rallies in Wisconsin, so I wouldn’t say he worked right through it.

So should people kids live in a bubble the rest of year?

Trump is also an overweight 74 year old...not exactly the same demographic as high school kids...their odds of dying are at about .03%...

I know some tournaments are not giving up yet. Did anyone learn from the big ten early cancellation mistake? So much can change just try to make it happen....even though it seems unlikely.

It seems like numbers have gone up since school restarted
One thing that has went up is the false positives . You can say what you want! Side note if you listen to the Russ show today Trump said we have a cure. Not sure when it will be released, either way that's great for wrestling season. I don't want to debate politics on here, but that is great news for the wrestling world.

I know some tournaments are not giving up yet. Did anyone learn from the big ten early cancellation mistake? So much can change just try to make it happen....even though it seems unlikely.

Good side and bad side to this. Wait and able to hold the tournament, good. Wait and then cancel the tournament at the last minute, bad. Teams are trying to get a schedule. The sooner things are laid out by the state, the better. My guess is that the state makes those decisions within a week of when matches are supposed to begin.

I think everyone's pretty sure large tournaments will be a No for DeWine and company. Also don't think many public schools will be keen on hosting large events. Maybe 8 team tournaments at the most. The Big Ten changed course after more testing options became available. High school teams can't afford that.

Good side and bad side to this. Wait and able to hold the tournament, good. Wait and then cancel the tournament at the last minute, bad. Teams are trying to get a schedule. The sooner things are laid out by the state, the better. My guess is that the state makes those decisions within a week of when matches are supposed to begin.

Bad news doesn't age well.

If they are cutting tournaments, then let teams know so they can start scheduling.

Please let us now how many transmissions are being attributed to at school transmission...

My school has had to isolated cases that they believe picked up from their parents and there was no known transmission to another student.

Is there a case where football is attributed as the transmission event?

Please let us now how many transmissions are being attributed to at school transmission...

My school has had to isolated cases that they believe picked up from their parents and there was no known transmission to another student.

Is there a case where football is attributed as the transmission event?
I have seen quite a few football teams have to cancel or reschedule games, but they didn’t say where the students/players contracted the virus.

Based on what happened with the Tennessee Titans, it seems like football/sports can help spread it around.

I have seen quite a few football teams have to cancel or reschedule games, but they didn’t say where the students/players contracted the virus.

Based on what happened with the Tennessee Titans, it seems like football/sports can help spread it around.
Unless im mistaken there has been 0 cases of team to different team transmission. That is why we are taking the precautions. Thats why rootstown canceled their playoff game.

But what people need to understand specifically to all students is that they do proper contact tracing and following quarantine guidelines when a positive test arises.

Wrestling is happening now. NLWC put on an event, Chael Sonnen put on wrestling underground. Senior Nationals is going on now...

And even though wrestling is as contact as it gets, contact tracing is much easier in wrestling than in football.

Unless im mistaken there has been 0 cases of team to different team transmission. That is why we are taking the precautions. Thats why rootstown canceled their playoff game.

But what people need to understand specifically to all students is that they do proper contact tracing and following quarantine guidelines when a positive test arises.

Wrestling is happening now. NLWC put on an event, Chael Sonnen put on wrestling underground. Senior Nationals is going on now...

And even though wrestling is as contact as it gets, contact tracing is much easier in wrestling than in football.

This 100000%...The Vikings had ZERO positive tests after playing the Titans...No one has any clue where the Titans players picked it up and/or how they spread it to each other....Locker room, meeting room, at home, who knows...but they did not pass it on to ANY player from the opposing team, if anything that should be celebrated as good news, however that would not fall in line with media narrative...

This 100000%...The Vikings had ZERO positive tests after playing the Titans...No one has any clue where the Titans players picked it up and/or how they spread it to each other....Locker room, meeting room, at home, who knows...but they did not pass it on to ANY player from the opposing team, if anything that should be celebrated as good news, however that would not fall in line with media narrative...
According to the timeline I seen on ESPN, The Titans were tested the Saturday afternoon before the game and had no positives. They didn’t have a player test positive until after the game on the following Tuesday.

What do you mean? Numbers of new cases? Not obvious anything happened from schools starting: https://infection2020.com/

And where? What counties? What demographics?

Especially hard to discern this with districts starting at different dates, but if you have actual data, I'd look at it.

Cases may be going up as weather cools, and air dries out. That's good for virus. Everyone should take healthy quantites of Vitamin D, Vitamin C and zinc.

What do you mean? Numbers of new cases? Not obvious anything happened from schools starting: https://infection2020.com/

And where? What counties? What demographics?

Especially hard to discern this with districts starting at different dates, but if you have actual data, I'd look at it.

Cases may be going up as weather cools, and air dries out. That's good for virus. Everyone should take healthy quantites of Vitamin D, Vitamin C and zinc.
Ohio just had their single day high for new cases this past week.

Schools were closed immediately when the pandemic hit and now we just had our single day after schools have been open for about a month, I guess it could be coincidence....

Schools were closed immediately when the pandemic hit and now we just had our single day after schools have been open for about a month, I guess it could be coincidence....

Schools open for a month. Symptoms show up in 5-6 days. No change until now. There is no correlation. So stop trying to hint there is one.

The weather OTOH, is a well known factor for viral transmission, and oh, it just started cooling down significantly. Hmm, what makes the better hypothesis?

Schools open for a month. Symptoms show up in 5-6 days. No change until now. There is no correlation. So stop trying to hint there is one.

The weather OTOH, is a well known factor for viral transmission, and oh, it just started cooling down significantly. Hmm, what makes the better hypothesis?
Just like how that one guy said the warm weather was gonna make the virus disappear....

The previous single day high was July 30th.

Symptoms can appear anywhere between 2-14 days. Some schools didn't open up until after Labor Day or even later. I know St. Ed's first day of school was September 16th.
Example: Let's say someone contracted the virus on the fourth day of school (September 21) and it took 14 days to show symptoms and then the person waited 2 days before getting tested...the date would be October 7th.

Average amount of cases in August and September each day was approximately 1030, while currently in October the daily average is 1342 so far.

Last edited:

Do you know how many tests were administered? What about hospitalizations?
Do you know the false positive rate?

If not, take some time to look those ideas up.

Covid-19 is dangerous and shouldn't be taken lightly...

Bad math/statistics is just as dangerous(not really just as dangerous... its just annoying.)

Do you know how many tests were administered? What about hospitalizations?
Do you know the false positive rate?

If not, take some time to look those ideas up.

Covid-19 is dangerous and shouldn't be taken lightly...

Bad math/statistics is just as dangerous(not really just as dangerous... its just annoying.)
This will be my last post on this topic since it seems like this can go back and forth for forever..

If more tests means more cases, why don't they just stop testing and then there will be no more Covid. Do more pregnancy tests result in more babies?

There are also false negatives. The false negative rate is anywhere between 2% and 37% according to this (https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734)

Hospitalizations were trending downward towards the end of September, but now are currently on the way back up.

Last edited:
This will be my last post on this topic since it seems like this can go back and forth for forever..

If more tests means more cases, why don't they just stop testing and then there will be no more Covid. Do more pregnancy tests result in more babies?

There are also false negatives. The false negative rate is anywhere between 2% and 37% according to this (https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734)

Hospitalizations were trending downward towards the end of September, but now are currently on the way back up.
Just to educate you on the matter...

The positive rate of our most cases in one day was multiple percentage points below are peak in the summer.

Covid-19 is not going away. And personally I would prefer testing everyone if rational thought would prevail in the case of a positive result.

Hospitalizations and cases are not rising together which is a red flag statistically. This denotes misinformation is out there in the testing department, whether it is multiple tests from the same person being counted, false positive, or a rise in asymptomatic cases.

The important policy driven image should be the leading statistic whenever discussing this and this is related to Hospital capacity.

BTW Hospitalizations at our peak during the summer were 1000-1100.

We are sitting between 800-900 now.

Football has been practicing since summer and playing actual games for 6 weeks. To pretend that is a driving force in the increase is laughable at best.

I have yet to see 1 case of transmission between teams at any level. Thats great news!

Especially for wrestling. Now although wrestling is much more contact. It is strictly 2 persons. Much easier to contact trace. There are risks involved. But statistically you have an incredibly higher chance of contracting the virus from a family get together than a football game.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20201011-212013_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201011-212013_Samsung Internet.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 13
  • SmartSelect_20201011-211518_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201011-211518_Samsung Internet.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 11
  • SmartSelect_20201011-211439_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20201011-211439_Samsung Internet.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Daily_Tested_-_Mobile.PNG.png
    Daily_Tested_-_Mobile.PNG.png