Hubbard 0-4 at Girard 0-3
Jefferson Area 2-4 at Niles 1-3

Saturday, 1-16-21
Niles 1-3 at South Range 3-7
Canfield 2-6 at Hubbard 0-4
Liberty 1-0 at Girard 0-2
Edgewood 1-0 at Jefferson Area 1-4

Last edited:
Girard lost to Jefferson. Not sure of score. Struthers was already going to be really tough to beat, and adding a transfer, who can really play, will only help. I guess I am old school in not liking how Struthers added two kids the past two years to help them. They have a great team, no one denying this, but the way kids transfer anymore just bothers me.

SR beating Lakeview is a head scratcher. How does that happen?

Girard lost to Jefferson. Not sure of score. Struthers was already going to be really tough to beat, and adding a transfer, who can really play, will only help. I guess I am old school in not liking how Struthers added two kids the past two years to help them. They have a great team, no one denying this, but the way kids transfer anymore just bothers me.

SR beating Lakeview is a head scratcher. How does that happen?
Being a Girard fan you surely can’t be against transfers considering Mark Waid was a transfer.
And I think SR beating Lakeview is just showing you that Lakeview isn’t nearly as good as people say on here. Looking like outside of Struthers- Poland the rest of the league is a wash. It’s still early though.

South range is very sound on defense, lakeview isn’t anything scary on athletically.

The Struthers transfers live in the town, slocum lives right across the street from the school actually.

What happened to the Genova kid at Poland? Started last year as a Freshman... this year he’s not even playing. He was also the QB on mop up duty during football season early in the season, but his reps went to the Freshman Parker later in the season.

What happened to the Genova kid at Poland? Started last year as a Freshman... this year he’s not even playing. He was also the QB on mop up duty during football season early in the season, but his reps went to the Freshman Parker later in the season.
No clue wouldn’t have mattered regardless, maybe he moved or went else where open enrollment would

I just checked he’s still on the roster, only averaged 4ppg last year maybe he got passed up by some players and also more football guys taking uo
Spots this year

Waid came in 8th grade, not 11th or 12th, and of course they live in town, how else would they be eligible? That is beside the point.

Don't want to beat a dead horse. This is a good thread, that provides info, but it is fact that Struthers was provided some help.

Waid came in 8th grade, not 11th or 12th, and of course they live in town, how else would they be eligible? That is beside the point.

Don't want to beat a dead horse. This is a good thread, that provides info, but it is fact that Struthers was provided some help.
I’m just saying you can’t be for a transfer when it’s for your team and against one when it’s not. I don’t agree with them. I never do. But it’s the way they all do things these days. Hubbard football has been doing it since idk 1999? Lol

Well it looks like our boys are starting to get some exposure. VASJ vs. the Cats on 1-18.
Gas up the bus guys!

Arbiter 1 011421.jpg
Arbiter 2 011421.jpg.png

Yawner in the bedroom community tonight. (Needed coffee tonight) :sleep:

Struthers 62 Lakeview 53
Jefferson Area 73 Niles McKinley 64
Hubbard 52 Girard 48

It is what it is ........ 11-0. I'll take it.
Onto Cleveland Monday :cautious:

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Can I have a game recap? I didn’t catch this one. Score looks closer than I imagined.
15-15 after 1 qt.
Cats up 26-23 at halftime
45-35 after 3.
Metzka drained a longgggg 3 to bring the largest lead at 48-35. Lakeview cut it to 51-45 with roughly 4 minutes left.
Lakeview had some nice shooters, knocked down some decent 3's. Figures they come to play against us, but lay an egg at SR.
Metza finished with 24 points.
Sloppy night. Missed a lot of threes. Some bad passes.
I think this was expected after the huge win against Poland.
Will need to play more motivated Monday if we want to keep the undefeated streak going.

15-15 after 1 qt.
Cats up 26-23 at halftime
45-35 after 3.
Metzka drained a longgggg 3 to bring the largest lead at 48-35. Lakeview cut it to 51-45 with roughly 4 minutes left.
Lakeview had some nice shooters, knocked down some decent 3's. Figures they come to play against us, but lay an egg at SR.
Metza finished with 24 points.
Sloppy night. Missed a lot of threes. Some bad passes.
I think this was expected after the huge win against Poland.
Will need to play more motivated Monday if we want to keep the undefeated streak going.
Thank you sir.

Thank you sir.
De nada!

Metzka scores 24; Struthers remains undefeated
SPORTS
Trey Metzka scored 15 in the second half
by: Vince Pellegrini
Posted: Jan 15, 2021 / 08:50 PM EST / Updated: Jan 15, 2021 / 08:50 PM EST
Struthers Wildcats High School Basketball

Credit: filipfoto/iStock/Getty Images Plus

CORTLAND, Ohio (WKBN) – Trey Metzka leads Struthers past Lakeview, 62-53. Metzka scored a game-high 24 points including a pair of 3-point baskets in the fourth quarter. Aidan Slocum added 13 points for the Wildcats.
Struthers only led at the half, 26-23. The Cats outscored the Bulldogs, 36-30, in the second half.
The Wildcats remain unbeaten at 11-0.
Struthers is set to have a busy week as they’ll play Villa Angela on Monday, Girard on Tuesday and Jefferson on Friday.
Lakeview featured three double-digit scorers in Brendon Kilpatrick (17), Ryan Carnahan (15) and Nate Fox (11).
Next up for the Bulldogs (2-2) is back-to-back games against Niles. First, they’re scheduled to play host to the Red Dragons at home on Tuesday before traveling to Niles on Friday.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.