2020-2021 NE8 Conference

Poland beat Niles 66-23.
Jefferson leading south range 50-23.

Jefferson 65 South Range 34
Struthers 65 Hubbard20
Girard 26 Lakeview 62
Poland 66
Niles 23

Looks like Lakeview and Jefferson may hang with Struthers and Poland after all.
Jefferson was 31-11 at the half/real surprising ...... maybe not.
Hubbard was putrid. Sheesh!
Niles was no match for Poland tonight.

No it’s Struthers then Poland then everyone else is way behind. Campbell could hang with Hubbard and girard. That’s sad especially since girard I think has one of the better coaches in the conference

Jefferson beating SR like that was surprising they didn’t look too good lately
You're probably right. Was just going on how well they played against us at the Fieldhouse.
FWIW: Those Trumbull schools, with possibly the exception of Lakeview, look awful.
Girard, Niles, Howland and Hubbard all got thumped today. Those long layoffs really did some damage.

Looking forward to Tuesday's huge matchup at the Fieldhouse.
Go Cats!

You're probably right. Was just going on how well they played against us at the Fieldhouse.
FWIW: Those Trumbull schools, with possibly the exception of Lakeview, look awful.
Girard, Niles, Howland and Hubbard all got thumped today. Those long layoffs really did some damage.

Looking forward to Tuesday's huge matchup at the Fieldhouse.
Go Cats!
Headstart for a league title is Tuesday. Both teams played basically a bye week tonight. Not looking forward to Poland holding the ball
Playing scared the entire game tho

I, for one, am sick of it.
That's all Griz has lately up his sleeve.
If they run with us they know it's over.
:censored::censored::censored:
Very true. I couldn’t sleep at night telling my kids you’re not good enough to play straight up basketball with the kids down the street let’s just hold it and hope for the best

Upcoming Northeast 8 High School Basketball Schedule

Saturday, 1-9-21
Hubbard 0-2 at South Range 1-7

McDonald 7-0 79 vs. Niles 0-3 39

Tuesday, 1-12-21
Poland 7-1 at Struthers 9-0
Niles 0-3 at Hubbard 0-2
Lakeview 2-0 at South Range 1-7
Girard 0-2 at Jefferson Area 1-4

Friday, 1-15-21
Struthers 9-0 at Lakeview 2-0
Hubbard 0-2 at Girard 0-2
Jefferson Area 1-4 at Niles 0-3

Saturday, 1-16-21
Niles 0-3 at South Range 1-7
Canfield 2-6 at Hubbard 0-2
Liberty 1-0 at Girard 0-2
Edgewood 1-0 at Jefferson Area 1-4

Last edited:
Niles plays McDonald today up in Cleveland. Have no idea what happened with Louisville as that was supposed to be the game but it got changed to Niles sometime this week

Niles plays McDonald today up in Cleveland. Have no idea what happened with Louisville as that was supposed to be the game but it got changed to Niles sometime this week

streaming it at all? No reason McDonald shouldn’t win that gameby 15 at least

To put it nicely Niles is not very good. The final could’ve been much worse, It was 54-26 at half. Dragons struggled holding on to the ball. Without knowing a bunch about the teams in NE8, I doubt they win a league game.
Hubbard is arguably worse. The other day they scored their first points 9 minutes into the game. Our jv played the entire second half. Not a lot of good hoops in the Ne8 it seems.

Of all of the bottom teams in NE8, I think Girard will get better once they play more. Starting 3 sophomores, and Malito has yet to play (anyone know why?) I just think they’ll knock the rust off and play well eventually.

Lakeview can play with Poland and struthers with the way they shoot the 3. Plus Kilpatrick has clearly gotten better. No one should sleep on them.

Of all of the bottom teams in NE8, I think Girard will get better once they play more. Starting 3 sophomores, and Malito has yet to play (anyone know why?) I just think they’ll knock the rust off and play well eventually.

Lakeview can play with Poland and struthers with the way they shoot the 3. Plus Kilpatrick has clearly gotten better. No one should sleep on them.
Lakeview plays teams well the first time around then teams figure out their offense, they are a dark horse as an underdog tho. I agree with the girard take, they don’t seem as talented as usual, losing graziano was huge.

Malito played football with hand/wrist issues. Had surgery on his left hand right after they lost in the playoffs. Might be another week or two before he's cleared.

Go cats. Speed Poland up tomorrow and you’ll have no issues
Let's hope they don't try that slo-down crap.
If no Covid, the Fieldhouse is probably packed.
Having few to hardly any fans takes a lot of the excitement away.

Go Cats!
Beat Poland!
struthers-wildcats-high-school-basketball.jpgStruthers Memorial Field House.jpg

Poland struggled to do about everything tonight. Fully expect them to hold the ball next time they play. Cats didn’t play as well as they could but they got the job done handily.

Poland struggled to do about everything tonight. Fully expect them to hold the ball next time they play. Cats didn’t play as well as they could but they got the job done handily.
The Cats looked super motivated out there tonight.
Aside from the East Liverpool game, this was about their best performance this year.
And I totally see Poland playing the slow down game next time around at Poland. It's their only shot.

I don't foresee a letdown Friday at Lakeview.
Lakeview stunk the place up tonight at South Range.

Struthers destroys Poland 66-38 to stay unbeaten. They are the in a class of their own this year
Tonight was just unbelievable Who would've predicted a 28-point win against Poland.
It's really a darn shame about this Covid thing. So many fans are missing out on one of the best Struthers teams in quite some time.
With fans, the Fieldhouse would have been rockin' tonight.
Amazed that so many shots were all net tonight. Tremendous display for Struthers fans.
Well done!

Easy Liverpool has been on a roll lately, they just ran into a buzz saw that night. Cats cannot let up and have to keep the foot on the gas to get a high seed