2020 - 2021 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Season

did you guys not see the dad's third grade level Facebook post announcing the announcement 7 weeks ahead of time? do you think he'd do that to announce he's staying at his home school? wouldn't he have "committed" weeks or even months ago instead of taking visits and making announcements? it's 2021, folks.

The family has had meetings with McK administrators and staff,we shall see very soon...BAM!

Last edited:
The family has had meetings with McK administrators and and staff,we shall see very soon...BAM!

Thank you for keeping our hopes alive!

Besides he can transfer from McKinley if he wants.

He might be able to fill the field house again.

If McKinley gives him what he and his family are looking and asking for, I think there is a good chance he’ll be there. And only Darryn, his parents and school admin, including the AD I’m sure, knows what that is. It’s up to McKinley.

If McKinley gives him what he and his family are looking and asking for, I think there is a good chance he’ll be there. And only Darryn, his parents and school admin, including the AD I’m sure, knows what that is. It’s up to McKinley.
What does that mean?

What does that mean?
It’s been reported that he and his family have met with McKinley admin. Obviously, when you set up a meeting both sides are coming with their wants, needs and recommendations. Everyone knows Darryn is a rising Star. He’s getting just as much or more attention in the 8th grade than Lebron. If McKinley wants to keep him at home they will do everything they can to make him want to stay, He practices at Hartford Middle School in Canton with his own special Coach/trainer. He’s high maintenance.

It’s been reported that he and his family have met with McKinley admin. Obviously, when you set up a meeting both sides are coming with their wants, needs and recommendations. Everyone knows Darryn is a rising Star. He’s getting just as much or more attention in the 8th grade than Lebron. If McKinley wants to keep him at home they will do everything they can to make him want to stay, He practices at Hartford Middle School in Canton with his own special Coach/trainer. He’s high maintenance.
Thanks for your response.

Reactions: Mck
He's the real deal and I think he's going to MCK... but I'm also hearing about someone else coming to join him. IMO I just hope its all over soon.. Poor high school coaches.. its a different time now.

Big question. The only things I could think of would be something with the coaching staff (not the head coach) and scheduling.
I would think the scheduling is done so far in advance there would be little to no changes he could request. Crazy how much an incoming freshman can dictate (potentially) so much.

I would think the scheduling is done so far in advance there would be little to no changes he could request. Crazy how much an incoming freshman can dictate (potentially) so much.
It should be pointed out that this is speculation and hearsay. Shouldn’t judge the kid, family or school district based off of that.

So for the sake of having some fun let's assume he comes to McKinley what did the rest of the Hartford team look like? How about Lehman? I thought I heard a couple of years ago the 7th grade class was really good but then I didn't hear anything else on any of the junior highs. The problem McKinley has is the city of Canton for some reason doesn't make any 6'8" or taller high school players anymore and when you have to play St. Eds, Ignatius Moeller they always seem to have a couple of really tall guys. I just would like to have another class come through that would make a couple of state championship runs.

So for the sake of having some fun let's assume he comes to McKinley what did the rest of the Hartford team look like? How about Lehman? I thought I heard a couple of years ago the 7th grade class was really good but then I didn't hear anything else on any of the junior highs. The problem McKinley has is the city of Canton for some reason doesn't make any 6'8" or taller high school players anymore and when you have to play St. Eds, Ignatius Moeller they always seem to have a couple of really tall guys. I just would like to have another class come through that would make a couple of state championship runs.
Even without Peterson, the 8th and 7th grade kids/teams are really good.

Why is it when Glenn Parker transfers from Barberton to McKinley it is viewed as a great move and a valuable addition to the program, but if Darryn Peterson chooses to go somewhere other than McKinley it is a sign of the demise of high school basketball?

Folks I hate, transfer in HS and College is here to stay. Free agency in the Pros has been here for a long time. It’ll never be what it used to be. Good luck to all players and teams ?

Reactions: Mck
Why is it when Glenn Parker transfers from Barberton to McKinley it is viewed as a great move and a valuable addition to the program, but if Darryn Peterson chooses to go somewhere other than McKinley it is a sign of the demise of high school basketball?
I don't even know who Glen Parker is.

Anyone know some names and info on kids that were on the summer McK team,didn't get to see them play.

He wanted to come to McKinley.But I quess dad knows best.Gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr
You never know what's going to happen down the road a year or two from now. I would hope somebody from McKinley would at least stay in touch with the family.

How’s the fed looking this year?? Haven’t seen a thread for that so I figured I ask that here. Did a guard from lake transfer to Jackson?