2020 - 2021 Canton McKinley Boys Basketball Season

Jax was overrated at #5 in the state but still a nice win.

Name recognition... gets a team votes especially early in the season

Remember under Hoover the Pups were Ranked #1 in the first poll
of the year and Coach Hoover said (paraphrased) "no way are we the
best team in the state."

I'm surprised that Olentangy Liberty isn't ranked.

DIVISION I

1, Cin. Moeller (8) 5-1 112
2, Hilliard Bradley (3) 5-0 89
3, Canton McKinley 4-2 78
4, Gahanna Lincoln (1) 6-0 74
5, Huber Hts. Wayne 5-0 41
(tie) Massillon Jackson (1) 9-0 41
7, St. Ignatius 5-0 39
8, St. Edward 4-0 37
9, Cin. Elder 6-0 35
10, Lancaster (1) 6-1 34
(tie) Miamisburg 8-1 34
Others receiving 12 or more points: Westerville Cent. 33.
Sylvania Northview 20. Findlay 18. Centerville (1) 17. Lakota East 14.

:>---

SALT

Why are we playing Cincinnati Moeller and Green on back to back nights?

I guess to make us battle tested for the tournament?

Why are we playing Cincinnati Moeller and Green on back to back nights?

I guess to make us battle tested for the tournament?

You are assuming that Moe is going to make the trip.

As to Green...
The date of Monday Feb 01 may be a typo; the date I have is Tuesday Feb 02.

SALT

Name recognition... gets a team votes especially early in the season

Remember under Hoover the Pups were Ranked #1 in the first poll
of the year and Coach Hoover said (paraphrased) "no way are we the
best team in the state."

I'm surprised that Olentangy Liberty isn't ranked.

DIVISION I

1, Cin. Moeller (8) 5-1 112
2, Hilliard Bradley (3) 5-0 89
3, Canton McKinley 4-2 78
4, Gahanna Lincoln (1) 6-0 74
5, Huber Hts. Wayne 5-0 41
(tie) Massillon Jackson (1) 9-0 41
7, St. Ignatius 5-0 39
8, St. Edward 4-0 37
9, Cin. Elder 6-0 35
10, Lancaster (1) 6-1 34
(tie) Miamisburg 8-1 34
Others receiving 12 or more points: Westerville Cent. 33.
Sylvania Northview 20. Findlay 18. Centerville (1) 17. Lakota East 14.

SALT
Liberty got spanked pretty good by Hilliard Bradley and Dublin Coffman. The OCC, especially the Division Liberty is in, is pretty tough.

It's Jan 13, 2021

CANTON MCKINLEY BOYS BASKETBALL STATS

Canton McKinley - 55
North Canton Hoover - 50

Kobi Johnson 8 pts, Vernon Smith 2 pts, Amarion Herring 2 pts, Tae Perie 19 pts, James McCollough 7 pts, Brent Walker 17 pts

JV: Lost 47 - 49 OT

:p :) :) ;):unsure::cool:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

It's January 13, 2021

Next Game:

Friday January 15, 2021

Canton McKinley vs Uniontown Lake at Memorial field House

Tip Off 7:15 PM

:) ;) :unsure: :p

It's Jan 13, 2021

Canton McKinley - 55
North Canton Hoover - 50

Kobi Johnson 8 pts, Vernon Smith 2 pts, Amarion Herring 2 pts, Tae Perie 19 pts, James McCollough 7 pts, Brent Walker 17 pts

JV: Lost 47 - 49 OT

*Kobe

THOMAS WORTHINGTON 73, McKINLEY 63 Kent State recruit Jalen Sullinger scored 27 points as the host Cardinals topped the Bulldogs in a matchup of 2020 district champions. The first quarter ended with the two teams tied 12-12, but Worthington took control by outscoring McKinley 18-6 during the second quarter. Kobe Johnson led McKinley (8-3) with 19 points and four 3-pointers. Ronnell “Tae” Perie scored 15 points on five 3-pointers, while Brent Walker added 14 points for the Bulldogs. Sullinger, the son of former Ohio State player JJ Sullinger, made 10 of 13 free throws as Worthington made 21 of 26 overall. Joey Zalewski scored 13 points for the Cardinals and Furman recruit Tyrese Hughey added 12.

It's Jan 17, 2021

Canton McKinley - 90
Uniontown Lake - 54

Kobe Johnson 22 pts, Vernon Smith 10 pts, Gavin Muckle 5 pts, Merhi Smith 5 pts, Charles Armstrong 8 pts, Jonah Lytle 4 pts, Amarion Herring 2 pts, Tae Perie 2 pts, James McCollough 14 pts, Brent Walker 18 pts

JV: No Results

Last edited:
It's Jan 17, 2021

Canton McKinley - 63
Thomas Worthington - 73

Kobe Johnson 19 pts, Vernon Smith 2 pts, Jonah Lytle 5 pts, Amarion Herring 5 pts, Tae Perie 15 pts, James McCollough 3 pts, Brent Walker 14 pts

JV: No Results

It's January 17, 2021

Next Game:

Friday January 22, 2021

Canton McKinley vs Canton GlenOak at Canton GlenOak

Tip Off 7:15 PM

:) ;) :unsure: :p

THOMAS WORTHINGTON 73, McKINLEY 63 Kent State recruit Jalen Sullinger scored 27 points as the host Cardinals topped the Bulldogs in a matchup of 2020 district champions. The first quarter ended with the two teams tied 12-12, but Worthington took control by outscoring McKinley 18-6 during the second quarter. Kobe Johnson led McKinley (8-3) with 19 points and four 3-pointers. Ronnell “Tae” Perie scored 15 points on five 3-pointers, while Brent Walker added 14 points for the Bulldogs. Sullinger, the son of former Ohio State player JJ Sullinger, made 10 of 13 free throws as Worthington made 21 of 26 overall. Joey Zalewski scored 13 points for the Cardinals and Furman recruit Tyrese Hughey added 12.
McKinley now 0-3 against OCC teams. May show that the Fed is not that strong this year or OCC is very good.

McKinley now 0-3 against OCC teams. May show that the Fed is not that strong this year or OCC is very good.

McKinley has the best team in the Fed League. Regardless of the Bulldogs’ record against OCC teams, McKinley has one of the better teams in the state.

Pups need to get it together or they won't be around in the tourney for very long.
They are capable of beating any team on any given night but also the converse is also true.

Only 3 weeks to tournament draw (Feb. 7)

8 games left and a couple of those will be after the draw.

SALT

Posters are really something else on here. People complain that the football team doesn’t schedule difficult enough teams, but when the basketball team does so and loses, they complain they’re not good enough. Coach V has an Izzo mentality....schedule tough teams to prepare for the post-season. Chose your poison, friends.

Posters are really something else on here. People complain that the football team doesn’t schedule difficult enough teams, but when the basketball team does so and loses, they complain they’re not good enough. Coach V has an Izzo mentality....schedule tough teams to prepare for the post-season. Chose your poison, friends.
I mean they would need to schedule Ashland (twice), Dalton, Univ School, Osbourne Academy, STA, Ridgewood, to get back to pre-Fed. Murderer's row gets them ready....like another team in Stark county.... ?

Last edited:
Mckinley is not the McKinley of old. Are they good? Absolutely. Are they as good as they were pre fed? No where near.
You do realize you are on a basketball forum right? I can possibly understand that claim MAYBE in football. But McKinley won back to back titles while in the Fed. Jackson also has 2 titles in basketball. Look I'm not the biggest Fed fan by any means but the fact is it is one of the best basketball conferences in the State year in and year out.??‍♂️

You do realize you are on a basketball forum right? I can possibly understand that claim MAYBE in football. But McKinley won back to back titles while in the Fed. Jackson also has 2 titles in basketball. Look I'm not the biggest Fed fan by any means but the fact is it is one of the best basketball conferences in the State year in and year out.??‍♂️
I said McKinley was good....but not as good as pre fed.

87-03

McKinley went 325-82 (.798)

Nine 19+ win seasons.
One season of double digit losses.
One sub .500 season.

04-21

McKinley went 250-142 (.637)

Four 19+ win seasons.
Eight seasons of double digit losses.
Five seasons of .500 or lower.

Case in point.

McKinley has a very good program, but as I said, no where near what it was pre fed.

87-03

Nine 19+ win seasons.
One sub .500 season.

04-21

Four 19+ win seasons.

Case in point.

McKinley has a very good program, but as I said, no where near what it was pre fed.
I mean they would need to schedule Ashland (twice), Dalton, Univ School, Osbourne Academy, STA, Ridgewood, to get back to pre-Fed. Murderer's row gets them ready....

Last edited by a moderator:

87-03

Nine 19+ win seasons.
One sub .500 season.

04-21

Four 19+ win seasons.

Case in point.

Stick to football heff. You obviously don't understand some of the things happening behind the scene that affected those records.