2020 16U Canes Baseball tryouts

The 2020 Canes Baseball 16U features a “non-parent coaching staff, recruiting coordinator and winter training”. Our staff is dedicated to preparing each player for college baseball. With over 50 college commitments in the 17 year history the program takes great pride in teaching players how to compete on and off the field.

Our Staff: Head Coach Doug Adams started the Canes Baseball Program back in 2002 and has 17 years coaching experience. In addition to being our current 15U Head Coach Doug is the Head Varsity Baseball Coach at Dayton Christian. Infield defense/1B Coach Mark Clausing has 17 years of experience and has been with Coach Adams since 2012. Pitching Coach Juan Espinosa played 4 years at Northwestern Ohio University and pitched 3 years of pro ball. Juan Espinosa also runs the Top Velocity program in Springboro, Ohio and is currently the pitching coach at Fenwick HS.
Through the end of June the 15u Canes are currently 26-11-2 with 2 Tournament Championship Titles. The 2020 schedule is loaded with great tournaments. We plan to attend tournaments at Butler University, University of Indianapolis, Wittenberg, Wright State and Xavier. We also plan to attend the Beast of the East in West Virginia and The Sandlott World Series in Nashville, Tennessee and have already registered to play at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida.

This tryout will fill both Canes Baseball-Adams and Canes Baseball-Schroeders 2020 Roster.

If you would like to be a part of the Canes Baseball Family please RSVP to:
Head Coach Doug Adams via text at 937-305-9910 or email to canesbaseball218@aol.com

Tryouts will be held:

Date: Tuesday July 30th, 2019

Time: 6:00pm (registration begins at 515pm)
Players need to be stretched; arms loose and ready to start promptly at 6:00pm!

At: Carlisle High School – 250 Jamaica Road, Carlisle, Oh 45005 (new school being built, entrance to the field is the gravel drive to the left side of the small school to the left of the high school)

if you cannot make it on this date please contact Head Coach Doug Adams to schedule a private workout via text at 937-305-9910 or email to canesbaseball218@aol.com

This is the program my son plays with this year. He has been with two other programs prior to the Canes. One of those programs is considered to be one of the top elite programs in SWO. His (and my experience) with Canes has been everything that a baseball club should be. First (and I cannot be more clear about this), there is absolutely no parent involvement in the roster development and management in the high school age teams. Second, there is real tangible recruiting help without paying additional fees. Finally, there is real individual skill development during the season during team practice. Are lessons offered for a nominal fee? Yes, but these lessons are not expected but only offered to those that can and wan to take advantage of the opportunities. Juan is my son's pitching coach. His philosophy is both safe and effective. He is all over youtube on the Top Velocity videos and he has really helped my son with technology assisted lessons. I cannot say enough good things about Doug and his coaches and if you have any questions you can private message me and I will be glad to describe our experience.

Last edited: