2019 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC)

Talking about the NewsSlide app. You have that link please?
Why waste your time with the Blade Newsslide? The app has been a piece of garbage since it came out. The Blade's website had Junga's story on AW/SJJ just a little past 10 Friday night.

Thanks, been looking for that without success.

Skip to 16:45 anyone wants to start with a drive of beauty.
Skip to 22:40 is you want to see a 10 yard procedure penalty on either 1st, 2nd or 3rd down followed by 4th down, which was 3rd down. Or was it a 3rd that was 2nd? And if they show it, you might even see clock running after a first down when the chains haven't even been moved yet. Is that a rule?

Anyhow, it will be a tad bit more entertaining then the SJJ-AW game. I'm still not sure how that one got away. They definitely weren't THAT out mis-matched. Snowball rolling uphill.

I think with the new 40 second play clock it runs as soon as the previous play ends. So it will run long before the chains are set in some cases.

Play clock and the game clock the same thing now?

I didn't actually see a play clock, I think it was done by the refs. I'm fairly certain there were other times in the game that the game clock wasn't running between plays. I'll put the question in the ref thread, maybe someone there can explain.

I think with the new 40 second play clock it runs as soon as the previous play ends. So it will run long before the chains are set in some cases.
Yes and yes.

If a first down is gained the 40 second clock will start promptly, inbounds or out. If in, the game clock will be stopped to move the chains, but we wind the clock when the ball is set and the umpire steps away, not when the chains, or down box, are set.

In the first two games I think we have been winding the clock before the down box is set most of the time . If the ball is snapped before the down box catches up we drop a bean bag, but will probably have the yard line memorized anyway.

Last edited:
Their GAME clock on the scoreboard was running after first down and before chains were set. Of course I was paying attention to the field so if game clock ever stopped, then started again I wouldn't have been aware. I just noted it was moving and chains hadn't been reset yet. Other times, not. I didn't see an advantage to either team so couldn't figure out the purpose.

How about those Lima Senior Spartans!!!! Riverside looking down this year. Keep the kids' heads on straight and might start out 3-0. 4 conference wins looking more doable with SJJ's performance.

TRAC: bottom half up, top half down?

Do you have any information on Riverside? What do they like to do offensively and defensively?

Their GAME clock on the scoreboard was running after first down and before chains were set. Of course I was paying attention to the field so if game clock ever stopped, then started again I wouldn't have been aware. I just noted it was moving and chains hadn't been reset yet. Other times, not. I didn't see an advantage to either team so couldn't figure out the purpose.

Yeah, they had more than a few snafus on the operation side of the game. I still cant believe they operate without an on field play clock in Michigan.

Yeah, they had more than a few snafus on the operation side of the game. I still cant believe they operate without an on field play clock in Michigan.

In Ohio, the game clock running before the chains are set is the correct procedure and not a SNAFU. I can't say for sure about Michigan.

Last edited:
In Ohio, the game clock running before the chains are set is the correct procedure and not a SNAFU. I can't say for sure about Michigan.

I was talking about the scoreboard operations and their spoter's inability to correctly identify any players lol.

Do you have any information on Riverside? What do they like to do offensively and defensively?

No, not me. All I know is what I see on Eitel. They've lost to two lower division teams, Kirtland and Perry, but those teams are some of the best lower division teams in the state.

I'm pretty sure the officials tell the press box when to start running it.

Anyways onto week 3. I think the TRAC might have some trouble this week. 3 wins?

Lima has a nasty 3 hr trip to Painsville who was a playoff team last year. They are 0-2 but a deceiving 0-2 given their competition.

Central will have a real test with DCC. This game could come down to special teams.

Question for Irish Buffalo, will CCHS overall team speed be the difference? Get to the edge and go?!?!??

Question for Irish Buffalo, will CCHS overall team speed be the difference? Get to the edge and go?!?!??
Yes.

I think Whitmer D is pretty good this season. I think yours might be a tad better.

If you think about the Whitmer DCC game there was one glaring mistake (botched punt for DCC). That was the difference. DCC games go so quick mistakes get exemplified.

New Three Rivers Conference coming to Ohio in 2021. Smaller schools centered around Dayton. I’m against the name but I’m no one. Thoughts from the TRAC?

New Three Rivers Conference coming to Ohio in 2021. Smaller schools centered around Dayton. I’m against the name but I’m no one. Thoughts from the TRAC?

I think they'll probably mull over a cease and desist, then realize they're all incredibly small schools and that no one will get it mixed up.

Thoughts on P’Burg vs Whitmer?

It'll be super interesting...Perrysburg has looked put-together against two likely pretty bad teams, whereas Whitmer has a win against a state-competitive high division team. They thing that is hard to project is how Whitmer will be able to defend against a more pass-heavy offense. They've played against two run-first teams so far and stood up well, but Perrysburg is a whole different animal. This game will definitely give a good indication on if they'll be able to continue their streak against SJJ.

With that, who does everyone have this week?

Perrysburg (2-0) @ Whitmer (2-0)
Marysville (2-0) @ Findlay (0-2)
Olentangy Berlin (1-1) @ St. Johns Jesuit (1-1)
Lima Senior (2-0) @ Riverside (0-2)
Detroit Catholic Central (1-1) @ Central Catholic (2-0)
Waite (0-2) @ Clay (2-0)
Sandusky (2-0) @ Fremont Ross (1-1)
Anthony Wayne (2-0) vs. St. Francis (2-0) @ UT Glass Bowl

Last edited:
Thoughts on P’Burg vs Whitmer?
It will be close.

Keep in mind Brungard is a Kregel disciple. One scrimmages Whitmer, the other SJ. Both have had film and prepped from before the season started. AW BARELY gets by Findlay and then DIALS up SJ? There is one reason for this and it is not the QB. Both teams understand that if they beat Whitmer or SJ they cruise through extremely weak NLL (aside from facing each other) and enter the playoffs healthy.

This is exactly why either school has no desire to leave the NLL. Play Woodward and prep for Whitmer for 3-4 weeks and then cruise through the subpar league.

It will be close.

Keep in mind Brungard is a Kregel disciple. One scrimmages Whitmer, the other SJ. Both have had film and prepped from before the season started. AW BARELY gets by Findlay and then DIALS up SJ? There is one reason for this and it is not the QB. Both teams understand that if they beat Whitmer or SJ they cruise through extremely weak NLL (aside from facing each other) and enter the playoffs healthy.

This is exactly why either school has no desire to leave the NLL. Play Woodward and prep for Whitmer for 3-4 weeks and then cruise through the subpar league.

While I agree with nearly all of what you said, I don't think the Findlay-AW game should be used as a benchmark in general. Findlay clearly was being dominated in that game, but AW couldn't do a thing because of the fact that they were breaking in a new QB on the fly...with a week to prep, we all saw what they did to a SJJ team that isn't ever accused of being overly physical, something that AW prides themselves on. Part of me wonders in SJJ can really hang with the big boys even now...they clearly showed that they can be overcome by a team willing to out-physical them.

It will be close.

Subpar? I must be crazy to think, pound-for-pound, NLL is right there with TRAC.