2019 Three Rivers Athletic Conference (TRAC)

Thanks. I went to watch Ross play basketball to see if he was as big as he looks on the football field and he is every bit of 6'2 210. Big kid, athletic kid, and rocket for an arm. I watched him chuck the ball 50-60 from his back foot.

Hotz was a senior as well right? Not a bad player who played all over (wr/slot/punter/db). He heading anywhere? I'd a thought his leg alone could have earned him something?

Thanks. I went to watch Ross play basketball to see if he was as big as he looks on the football field and he is every bit of 6'2 210. Big kid, athletic kid, and rocket for an arm. I watched him chuck the ball 50-60 from his back foot.

Hotz was a senior as well right? Not a bad player who played all over (wr/slot/punter/db). He heading anywhere? I'd a thought his leg alone could have earned him something?

Yes, Hotz is a Senior as well. Haven't heard anything about college choices for him.

IB and I are the same person. You don't see us complaining about it do you?

Slap fight over? Hate to have to send you to your rooms. Not while b-ball season is still going.

Keith, you've been a well-respected poster for 20 years. Don't let the second-hand reefer smoke cloud your judgement out in SoCal.

Looks like Whitmer wins the off-season. Keller will most likely verbal to BGSU taking the pressure off his senior season and Whitmer lands a big skilled RB they so desperately need.

CC still the top dog. I've always said in order to be the man you need to beat the man. Although CC has players I have never seen them lose the amount of guys that they have, especially 3 year starters at key positions, like they have from last year to this year.

SJ returns a ton of skill and usually has the linemen.

Whitmer getting Banks certainly helps but depth will still be an issue like it was last year.

CC still the top dog. I've always said in order to be the man you need to beat the man. Although CC has players I have never seen them lose the amount of guys that they have, especially 3 year starters at key positions, like they have from last year to this year.

SJ returns a ton of skill and usually has the linemen.

Whitmer getting Banks certainly helps but depth will still be an issue like it was last year.

Agree to a point, to be the man beat the man. But what program in recent memory lost so many high level 3 year starters and just reloaded? Bowen, Swain, Griff x2, Scheits, Parker, Copeland, Cannon and Klep all played as sophomores. Add Durden, Daily and Hielshiem and that’s a load to replace.

I agree. In fact, most years I'd call you a sandbagger. Not this one.

You guys still have some dudes though. Norrils, Williams, Crowell, Fouty, who else? Cupboard is never really bare on Cherry St.

SJ should be good. Lichtenberg, Mitsopolous, Ryder, and the big WR who is in Nick Witcher mold and whose name escapes me at the moment.

It's Central-Whitmer, Whitmer-Central, and essentially everyone else can look forward to Basketball Season......except Fremont. Don't know to what they look forward.

Last edited:
Was over to Whitmer for the Special Olympics. All this strife it's a joy to see how fluidly kids play, regardless they're the cheerleader, the football player or the Special Olympian. Not me, much too bitter.

I don't think it's been mentioned, JJ Johnson passed last month. Macomber after Momson, then Clay and Waite. Tough D on his teams.

Played at DeVilbiss High School and earned a scholarship to play DB at the University of Toledo in Coach Lauterbur's early years at the University. I was always amazed that he played DB because he was a pretty big dude (6'2/6'3) and could still bench 300lbs well into his 50's.

Became an assistant at several TCL schools before becoming HC at Macomber in 1980(?). His 1983 Macmen team beat an undefeated St. Francis team in the Shoe Bowl that many considered to be better than the Knight team that won it all in 84'. He then went on to coach at Oregon Clay from 1985-1998. Was an assistant at St. Francis for their 2001 State Championship team before taking the Waite job for several years prior to walking away from coaching all together.

He was a great old school coach who showed tough love and cared about his kids.

Even up through last season I would see him in the stands at local games. He'd usually show up to watch an ex-player coach (he had many).

Played at DeVilbiss High School and earned a scholarship to play DB at the University of Toledo in Coach Lauterbur's early years at the University. I was always amazed that he played DB because he was a pretty big dude (6'2/6'3) and could still bench 300lbs well into his 50's.

Became an assistant at several TCL schools before becoming HC at Macomber in 1980(?). His 1983 Macmen team beat an undefeated St. Francis team in the Shoe Bowl that many considered to be better than the Knight team that won it all in 84'. He then went on to coach at Oregon Clay from 1985-1998. Was an assistant at St. Francis for their 2001 State Championship team before taking the Waite job for several years prior to walking away from coaching all together.

He was a great old school coach who showed tough love and cared about his kids.

Even up through last season I would see him in the stands at local games. He'd usually show up to watch an ex-player coach (he had many).

Good memories IB. I had a few chances to tip a few back with a group that included JJ years ago at OB'S over by Start High School. His stories of Chuck Webb's recruitment were classic.

He also coached Wondell Hills at Macomber who went on to coach at Bowsher, was an assistant at Whitmer for about a decade before becoming OC at Woodward that last couple years and who now is coaching for your Irish. Nice pick up for Dempsey.

Due to D2/R6, I always have to keep close tabs on the TRAC (and the NLL and TCL). The Southwestern Conference teams that should contend for a 2019 playoff spot would be Avon, Avon Lake, Olmsted Falls and possibly North Ridgeville. Who might we expect to see from the TRAC?

Due to D2/R6, I always have to keep close tabs on the TRAC (and the NLL and TCL). The Southwestern Conference teams that should contend for a 2019 playoff spot would be Avon, Avon Lake, Olmsted Falls and possibly North Ridgeville. Who might we expect to see from the TRAC?

I think St. Johns and Central would be contenders in the region.