2019 Tallmadge Middle School Football - 7th Grade Champions

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
7th Grade:
08/27 Tallmadge 36, Revere 0
09/03 Tallmadge 36, Aurora 12
09/11 Tallmadge 42, Canton South 0
09/17 @ Kent (No game - Kent does not have a 7th grade team)
09/24 Tallmadge 40, Copley 16
10/01 @ Tallmadge 38, Barberton 8
10/08 Tallmadge 22, Highland 8
10/15 Tallmadge 22, Stow 16 (Championship Game)

8th Grade:
08/28 Tallmadge 8, Revere 6
09/04 Aurora 28, Tallmadge 0
09/11 Akron Litchfield 52, Tallmadge 6 (* score corrected)
09/18 Kent 38, Tallmadge 24
09/25 @ Copley 48, Tallmadge 6
10/02 Barberton W, Tallmadge L
10/10 @ Highland 30, Tallmadge 0
10/16 Stow 22, Tallmadge 8

Last edited:

Anyone have the score for the Tallmadge/Revere 8th grade football game?

Anyone that can help out this season with middle school scores, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Tallmadge 8
Revere 6

Tallmadge won its first middle school game in two years. I was only there for the first half, but Tallmadge had their first possession start on the Revere 20 yard line, and then ran to the right side 8 times in a row for a touchdown and a two point conversion.

I was only there for the first half, but it was typical middle school football. I was happy to see the basics and "keep it simple" approach by Tallmadge on both sides of the ball. The best structures have a good foundation, hopefully this will build some excitement at the middle school level.

Thank you!

I've heard this age group has some talent and meshes really well with the Freshmen and 7th Graders. Agreed about the basics.

8th grade:
09/04 Aurora 28, Tallmadge 0

Still looking for the 7th grade score. Heard they won big just don't have the actual score.

Tallmadge 8th grade

Akron Litchfield 52 Tallmadge 6

The game actually was not as close as the score might indicate.

I don't like to make excuses, but anybody at that game had to see there was something screwy. The Akron players dwarfed the Tallmadge team in terms of size, speed and athletic ability. Their linemen towered over our players and outweighed then significantly, their quarterback was as tall as me. It wasn't even a fair fight. The only time Tallmadge had any success was when Akron put in their second string players which were more evenly sized. But as soon as something good would happen for Tallmadge, they put their first string back in.

It was a horrible game. Countless fumbles and turnovers and penalties on both sides. Hopefully they get back on track next week.

Thanks! Just hope these kids don't get discouraged. The great thing about playing in HS is all the grades compliment each other. Struggles in middle school will fade away as they begin having success on Friday nights.

Well the passing game came to life but the defense had no answers for Kents stud running back. It was good to see some offensive success. Better get out those tackling dummies.

Kent 38 Tallmadge 24

Tallmadge 8th grade

Akron Litchfield 52 Tallmadge 6

The game actually was not as close as the score might indicate.

I don't like to make excuses, but anybody at that game had to see there was something screwy. The Akron players dwarfed the Tallmadge team in terms of size, speed and athletic ability. Their linemen towered over our players and outweighed then significantly, their quarterback was as tall as me. It wasn't even a fair fight. The only time Tallmadge had any success was when Akron put in their second string players which were more evenly sized. But as soon as something good would happen for Tallmadge, they put their first string back in.

It was a horrible game. Countless fumbles and turnovers and penalties on both sides. Hopefully they get back on track next week.
Saw something similar last week with a diff team. They starters to give the ball to a guy who wa 6-3 in 7th. Ran over kids but not real smart as he was not fast or quick so should be played at a diff slot but ran over fellow 7th graders ha

Did they ever put their first team defense back in with 30 seconds to go to preserve a 50 point shutout?

Because, well JH shutouta are important