2019 Suburban League American

Brian likes the winning team. I thought he was a Nordonia guy but I guess not. I laugh at or ignore his posts. I don't like negative posts. These kids do play, but I would bet Brian never did!

Whats to hate about Aurora? Good program that plays good, clean football.
As is Barberton. Aurora missed playoffs at 7 -3 last year for first time since 2004. That 13 year run in Divisions 2 and 3 combined included 4 Regional Championships and a State title. Not bad for a closed enrollment public school. The Greenmen are working hard to get back in this year. Barberton is clearly the team to beat in the American.

As is Barberton. Aurora missed playoffs at 7 -3 last year for first time since 2004. That 13 year run in Divisions 2 and 3 combined included 4 Regional Championships and a State title. Not bad for a closed enrollment public school. The Greenmen are working hard to get back in this year. Barberton is clearly the team to beat in the American.

I look forward to a great game in week7!

Week 5

Revere at Barberton - Barberton by 21
East at Copley - East by 28
Aurora at Tallmadge - Aurora by 14
Highland at Kent Roosevelt - Kent by 7

Aurora 55 Tallmadge 6
Barberton 48 Revere 7
Week 7 might be competitive
Barberton has ruled the American for the last 3 seasons and is clearly the favorite

Everything that I've seen so far, this is my best guesstimate for the ranking of the SLA:

1. Barberton
1. Aurora

3.1 Kent Roosevelt
3.2 Revere
3.3 Tallmadge
3.4 Highland
3.5 Copley

Seems that the two top teams are equal. Then the next five are all almost equal. Any given day, any of the five could beat each other. The top 2 are just on another level.

Week 6:

10/4 Barberton (4-1) at Copley (1-4)
10/4 Highland (0-5) at Revere (3-2)
10/4 Kent Roosevelt (3-2) at Aurora (5-0)
10/4 Tallmadge (1-4) at Rocky River (3-2)

My Picks

Week 6:

10/4 Barberton (4-1) at Copley (1-4) - Barberton by 28
10/4 Highland (0-5) at Revere (3-2) - Revere by 7
10/4 Kent Roosevelt (3-2) at Aurora (5-0) - Aurora by 21
10/4 Tallmadge (1-4) at Rocky River (3-2) - Tallmadge by 3

Barberton 38, Copley 0
Aurora 41, Kent Roosevelt 0
Highland 16, Revere 13 OT
Rocky River 33, Tallmadge 22

After this week, I'm going to slightly change my rankings:

Still the big 2:
1. Barberton
1. Aurora

And bottom 5:
3.1 Kent Roosevelt
3.2 Highland
3.3 Revere
3.4 Tallmadge
3.5 Copley

Tallmadge will likely be starting a Freshmen QB the rest of the season. He played the rest of the game after Tallmadge's first two possessions. He was expected to be the QB of the future. Very athletic but small too. Tallmadge has a decent history over the last 20 years of starting Freshmen QBs. (Price, Gotto, Seeker). Ty Hurst will enter that group if he starts the next game.

Aurora 41 Kent 0. Aurora actually played flat. Could have won by 60 if they played well. Kent never crossed mid field.
Barberton 38 Copley 0
Week 7 - Aurora at Barberton. Should be interesting. I really have no idea if Aurora can play with the 2X defending Conference Champs. I guess we are going to find out.