2019 Suburban League American

Tallmadge 33, Ellet 13

Game was not as close as the score. Tallmadge led 33-0 at the half. Ellet scored two late TDs against the Tallmadge backups. A much better week for Tallmadge than last week.

Aurora beats CVCA. Royals are physical and should make some noise in their region.
The refs were absolutely awful. Cost Aurora at least 2 scores. Almost a penalty on Aurora every big play. Worst I have ever seen. Blatant lateral on a pitch fumbled for scoop and score and ref blows it dead and calls it a forward pass. Game took 3 hours. 19 penalties called against Greenmen.

That was one loooonnggg game. The play that you are referring to was a shovel pass. The RB was in front of the QB and because he flicks it it can only be a completion, incomplete, interception. It can not be a fumble. The officials are alerted before it ran just to make sure they don't screw it up. I thought after we fell behind 14-0 we responded. Both games, last year and this year were awesome to watch.

That was one loooonnggg game. The play that you are referring to was a shovel pass. The RB was in front of the QB and because he flicks it it can only be a completion, incomplete, interception. It can not be a fumble. The officials are alerted before it ran just to make sure they don't screw it up. I thought after we fell behind 14-0 we responded. Both games, last year and this year were awesome to watch.
I talked to our stats guy in the booth and he told me even the CVCA guys in the booth said the refs were horrible . Good luck to your son and team

And the pass was backwards

They were a flag happy bunch. Probably 30 penalties tonight for two teams that are well coached. I didn't have a good angle to see it. It was towards the Aurora sidelines so you probably saw it better. With Barbertons loss the Suburban is wide open. Good luck the rest of the way.

Stow is a big team. their linebackers were bigger than our lineman LOL. Barberton still played pretty well. We just had too many drives deep into Stow territory that we couldnt finish. Stow had a huge advantage in field position also, routinely starting at their 40 or midfield while we started at our 20 or inside that most of the night. Still, we rolled up around 500 yards in total offense against a talented and big D1 school. Not too upset about that game.

Tallmadge 33, Ellet 13

Game was not as close as the score. Tallmadge led 33-0 at the half. Ellet scored two late TDs against the Tallmadge backups. A much better week for Tallmadge than last week.

The City Series looks as if it has hit rock bottom. Good game for Tallmadge. The League should be fun this year

Kind of shocked by Barberton game. How was the Stow discipline? Last year they committed tons of personal fouls. Did Barberton overlook the Bulldogs?

Someone was really ambitious when making Highland’s OOC schedule. I think their eyes were bigger than their bellies.

Kind of shocked by Barberton game. How was the Stow discipline? Last year they committed tons of personal fouls. Did Barberton overlook the Bulldogs?

NO, they got beat......5 Personal Fouls on Barberton, Stow 0

The better team won

Stow looked good, well coached team that is big and physical up front. Stow looked for real and the National division should be on notice.

Who wins the Solon at Stow game? Thoughts on a score and how the game will go. Trying to decide between that game or Ignatius at Hoban game to go see.

Someone was really ambitious when making Highland’s OOC schedule. I think their eyes were bigger than their bellies.

They need to re-think scheduling that juggernaut Medina every year. Medina might, just might, make the playoffs for the third time in their history this year. That extra 1,200 more kids in their HS gave them just what they needed to take Highland this year. By week 6 the wheels will be off again, as usual, in Medina.

Don’t blame him, like most on here he has no idea about the kids that actually are playing....he’s an expert because he saw 7 on 7/Scrimmage scores, some even think Freshman/JV scores matter

Don’t blame him, like most on here he has no idea about the kids that actually are playing....he’s an expert because he saw 7 on 7/Scrimmage scores, some even think Freshman/JV scores matter
You are that guy this year, who just signed little Johnny up for flag football and has become the Yappi expert. Let me take the time to welcome you to Yappi sir. No 7/7 for me and scrimmages mean a little. I have watched that Stow group for the last 5 years both Seniors and Juniors and saw them throw their season away last year by being undisciplined early in the year, also followed the Barberton kids since youth, so my prediction had merit but since I do not claim to be the expert on here, I will defer to your vast knowledge. I'm curious does Fan22 mean you graduate HS in 2022 or is that little Johnnys Number? Welcome to Yappi!

Last edited:
They need to re-think scheduling that juggernaut Medina every year. Medina might, just might, make the playoffs for the third time in their history this year. That extra 1,200 more kids in their HS gave them just what they needed to take Highland this year. By week 6 the wheels will be off again, as usual, in Medina.
With the conference they play in, I don’t know if I would call it the “wheels falling off”. That is a brutal conference with some of the best teams in NE Ohio and the state.

"Wadz06, post”
You are that guy this year, who just signed little Johnny up for flag football and has become the Yappi expert. Let me take the time to welcome you to Yappi sir. No 7/7 for me and scrimmages mean a little. I have watched that Stow group for the last 5 years both Seniors and Juniors and saw them throw their season away last year by being undisciplined early in the year, also followed the Barberton kids since youth, so my prediction had merit but since I do not claim to be the expert on here, I will defer to your vast knowledge. I'm curious does Fan22 mean you graduate HS in 2022 or is that little Johnnys Number? Welcome to Yappi!

Man total face on me, you got me...so by your logic you either graduated 13 years ago or you will in 97 years, I’m not sure, and your little Johnny is #6. Got it. So the Stow group you’ve been watching shoot itself in the foot for 5 years, did that include the 2016 team which made the D1 Final Four as a Public High School.

So just so I’m clear on Friday nights you are able to watch Wadsworth, Barberton and Stow, is there any other groups you’ve kept your eye on?

You completely missed the point but that’s fine, to get on here and predict running clock scores when you really haven’t seen the teams is silly. You sound like Brian talking about Nordonia

"Wadz06, post”

Man total face on me, you got me...so by your logic you either graduated 13 years ago or you will in 97 years, I’m not sure, and your little Johnny is #6. Got it. So the Stow group you’ve been watching shoot itself in the foot for 5 years, did that include the 2016 team which made the D1 Final Four as a Public High School.

So just so I’m clear on Friday nights you are able to watch Wadsworth, Barberton and Stow, is there any other groups you’ve kept your eye on?

You completely missed the point but that’s fine, to get on here and predict running clock scores when you really haven’t seen the teams is silly. You sound like Brian talking about Nordonia
I said they were capable of a running clock but gave a conservative spread. Go back and read the thread. These Juniors and Seniors were not on the team in 2016. Did you follow any Stow games last year? You do know many games can be found on TV and film or Hudl right? That 2016 was good but they do not have the same coach, Nori was a tough coach with discipline. Last\this years coach, not so much.

Coach Gotto would never let Barberton overlook any team, especially Stow. Especially after Stow came off an impressive win over another great program, Mentor lake Catholic.

"Wadz06" I said they were capable of a running clock but gave a conservative spread. Go back and read the thread. These Juniors and Seniors were not on the team in 2016. Did you follow any Stow games last year? You do know many games can be found on TV and film or Hudl right? That 2016 was good but they do not have the same coach, Nori was a tough coach with discipline. Last\this years coach, not so much.

Again you just keep saying things you have no idea about....Do you personally know Coach Phillips and know he’s not “tough” or has “no discipline”?

You keep contradicting yourself, you said you’ve watched this group for 5 years now and they keep shooting themselves in the foot, yet you also say Coach Nori was tough and disciplined, new coach not so much....if my math is right Coach Nori was there 4 of the 5 years you’re talking about, so how’s that The current Coach’s fault?

You clearly have some frustrations with Stow, I’m guessing you might not really be a Wadsworth Fan and are a disgruntled parent.